Designer Rambling: Echani

Yeah, it will have to wait until February though ;)

Would be nice to have a party member though who actually goes together wit the Echani Foil, the Echani Duelling Shield. Wasn't there also an Echani Armour somewhere ? I think I ended up selling most of the stuff anyway though :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sounds like the team is doing a great job on the history and importance of cultures, sunds very interesting only question is who will join us? :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

I wonder if the Echani and the Mandalorian will be constantly butting heads and you'll have to pick sides, making one of them happy and the other in a pissed off mood.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Now if they would just add an Ichidorian (sp?) too, you would have the good, the bad and the ugly. Of course, who is who is up for debate then.

(enter: music by Ennio Morricone)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I wonder if the Echani and the Mandalorian will be constantly butting heads and you'll have to pick sides, making one of them happy and the other in a pissed off mood.

The only thing is it would be hard to really reason out a hand to hand combat en vs. someone with a missle launcher

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Oh, come on. I can't be the only one to remember that obscure item description from Tatooine and link it to the idea of Revan subjugating the Echani?

Can I? :devil:

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Oh, come on. I can't be the only one to remember that obscure item description from Tatooine and link it to the idea of Revan subjugating the Echani?

Can I?  :devil:

I guess this proves that you're the geekiest of the kotor geeks.

Man, what I'd give for that title!

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Exile: What is the true order of battle?

Echani: Finesse and fine movements of the body yield only victory.

Mandalore: The Echani are weakened cowards. They are even beneath contempt. I am surprised that Revan even wasted his time on them. The road to victory is paved with the blood of fallen foes. War is not a dance, it is unadulterated carnage and glory!

"You shall not pass!"

Can I?  :devil:

Yes, it appears you are. o:)"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I guess this proves that you're the geekiest of the kotor geeks.

Man, what I'd give for that title!

Well, when you put it that way..... :devil:

Theres that "super rare" cortosis weave again :devil:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ahh...the memories come flooding back.  I always gave the Yusani's Brand to Candy until I could give him dual Baragwin Assault Blades :

:devil:

That's the one. Now I'm wondering if whatever designer came up with the fate of the Echani was inspired by that item description, or if it's just a freak coincidence.... o:)

Ahh...the memories come flooding back.  I always gave the Yusani's Brand to Candy until I could give him dual Baragwin Assault Blades :

:devil:

That's the one. Now I'm wondering if whatever designer came up with the fate of the Echani was inspired by that item description, or if it's just a freak coincidence.... o:)

It wouldn't be too much of a stretch if Bio shared design notes.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The Echani are a nice expansion to the SW universe, as are the Mandalorians.

But that they all look like common humans is very unimaginative. If they were a race of their own coming from different places in the galaxy and therefor looked more exotic/alien would add much more to the credibility. :)

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

The Echani are a nice expansion to the SW universe, as are the Mandalorians.

But that they all look like common humans is very unimaginative. If they were a race of their own coming from different places in the galaxy and therefor looked more exotic/alien would add much more to the credibility.  :)

Well, there were also alien Mandalorians in the comics. But different cultures within the same race is highly plausible, just look at the world we live in today.