Designer Rambling: Echani

Hmmm.  If the Echani and Mandalore are in your party at the same time, theres going to be some big arguments!!!  :thumbsup:

Yep, i was thinking the same too, hopefully there will be some hilarious banters between them.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Can someone tell me who the "Echani" was in the first game?

Was he the fellow who went on about the best part of battle being seeing the inside of your enemy? Or the one who talked about honor and such?

hmmm, im currently on manaan right now so i should encounter him soon. but i think the guy ur referring to is in gold armor and is in the bar on manaan on the west side i think.

he's near the selkath who gives you the side-quest to go in the sith embassy and find out what's going on so the republic can get an advantage. and also if i recall correctly that echani guy was quite crazy, kinda a parallel of canderous.

btw, thx for the info mr. avellone. if you keep giving away secrets like this you can expect a break-in at obsidian in the near future :thumbsup:

Can someone tell me who the "Echani" was in the first game?

Was he the fellow who went on about the best part of battle being seeing the inside of your enemy? Or the one who talked about honor and such?

hmmm, im currently on manaan right now so i should encounter him soon. but i think the guy ur referring to is in gold armor and is in the bar on manaan on the west side i think.

he's near the selkath who gives you the side-quest to go in the sith embassy and find out what's going on so the republic can get an advantage. and also if i recall correctly that echani guy was quite crazy, kinda a parallel of canderous.

btw, thx for the info mr. avellone. if you keep giving away secrets like this you can expect a break-in at obsidian in the near future :thumbsup:

Thats the Iridorian I was talking about.

btw, thx for the info mr. avellone. if you keep giving away secrets like this you can expect a break-in at obsidian in the near future  :thumbsup:

Get rid of that stupid f*cken signature

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

btw, thx for the info mr. avellone. if you keep giving away secrets like this you can expect a break-in at obsidian in the near future  :thumbsup:

give me a better one and i'll take it off. until then (or one of the mods say so) u can **** off.

The "Echani" were mentioned in Kotor1, and they are also the people responsible for the fighting styles used by Palpatine's Imperial Guard (at least as it's explained in the Expanded Universe, most notably in Crimson Empire, I believe). The Echani rely heavily on hand-to-hand combat and personal shield technology, and they had their asses handed to them by Revan during the Jedi Civil War, because, not surprisingly, there weren't many people able to face Revan across a battlefield and survive the encounter.

With little to go on for K2, we decided to expand the culture with those elements in mind, and even have a member of the Echani be able to join your party - which is responsible for much of the new hand-to-hand fighting feats and animations you'll see in the game, as well as potentially new powers.

Nice. I actually wondered about them and thought it would be cool if we saw them again. I guess we're going to.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

give me a better one and i'll take it off. until then (or one of the mods say so) u can **** off.

...Users may also create a signature that appears at the end of every post. Such signatures should remain at six lines or less of text without imagery, or at most two lines of text with imagery. All images, regardless of text configuration, must fit within a perimeter of 125 pixels high by 600 pixels long.

Use that little "Report" button that is somewhere on the post. Idiots like that is also the reason, that you can switch off signature viewing in your settings. Makes for much more pleasant reading anyway...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

why do we have to resort to name calling?

Sorry, but I didn't really started the being unpleasant:

Stuff like that just ticks me off for reason... ;)

Edit: Of course, the guy who complained about it, didn't exactly have a very stylish way of expressing himself either :-"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

oh well i have a new sig

I'm a ****ing tool

Love,

Exar_Kun

what can i say? kumquatq3 gave me a better one.

btw what is a tool? is that UK slang for **** or some other part of the male genitalia?

Edit: Of course, the guy who complained about it, didn't exactly have a very stylish way of expressing himself either  :-"

Its ok I totally got censored anyway

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

oh well i have a new sig

I'm a ****ing tool

Love,

Exar_Kun

btw what is a tool? is that UK slang for **** or some other part of the male genitalia?

Edit: Of course, the guy who complained about it, didn't exactly have a very stylish way of expressing himself either  :-"

Another wonderful day of head bashing. In my next life, I want to be a Sith Lord too...

oh well i have a new sig

I'm a ****ing tool

Love,

Exar_Kun

Another wonderful day of head bashing. In my next life, I want to be a Sith Lord too...

you should've said something...i was lookin for an apprentice. i had to go with some guy named Ulic :D

oh well i have a new sig

I'm a ****ing tool

Love,

Exar_Kun

you should've said something...i was lookin for an apprentice. i had to go with some guy named Ulic :D

:D

Like I said, sorry about getting exessively aggressive there...