Not a Designer Rambling, but: SoCal Gen Con

Passed on from Ferret Baudoin (NWN2 lead designer and all around good-guy), in case any of you are in the SoCal area and want to ask NWN2 or Kotor2 questions in a forum where we can't get away, or just say hello:

Gen Con is this weekend at the Anaheim Convention Center and on Sunday Obsidian has two panels. Our panels start at 10am and going until 1pm. If you can make it, please swing by and join in on the fun.

10am to 12pm: Breaking Into the Computer Game Industry

Developers at Obsidian Entertainment (creators of Knights of the Old Republic 2 and Neverwinter Nights 2) talk about what it takes to get into the computer gaming industry. They talk about hiring trends, answer audience questions, and share their personal experiences of how they broke into the industry. If you ever wanted to make computer games for a living, here

If I was in the area I would go to it, but I am stuck in Hell, Iowa.  *sniff*

I'd hate to think what would happen if you got in a room full of Obsidian/Ex-BIS devs.

It would take days to get all the blood stains out ;)

I could just see Feargie and the boys hanging Hades from the ceiling and taking swings at him with a wooden stick.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

why cant you do this in the midwest then hades can go and there will be a fight (trust me) and ill watch and laugh

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

If everyone at the Convention takes a bus trip to Kansas City, Missouri, I'll be there.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I'll pass. Me being in the room with mr. Avellone would be liable to get me murdered and them put in pirson which would suck for everyone elkse as it would mena less quality games being made.

I couldn't die with that on my concious.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

why cant you do this in the midwest then hades can go and there will be a fight (trust me)  and ill watch and laugh

If we still had CyCon, a local gaming convention we use to have at the university, I would more the willing invite the buggers of Obsidian to come. I would let them stay at my apartment to boot. We could play DnD. :)

BWAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA! :blink:

why cant you do this in the midwest then hades can go and there will be a fight (trust me)  and ill watch and laugh

If we still had CyCon, a local gaming convention we use to have at the university, I would more the willing invite the buggers of Obsidian to come. I would let them stay at my apartment to boot. We could play DnD. :wub:

BWAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA! :wub:

Now why would they want ot stay wiht their noumber one whinger's place where they are liable to get locked in and forced to rewrite half the game so it complies with Hades standards, that is one hell of a bad idea(pun intended)

I'm a day's ride from SoCal. If this had been posted even a week beforehand I could have made plans as a friend of mine who lives in the area is in Japan this week.

There is a question I've been meaning to ask, however. Do any women work at Obsidian?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.