• Yes
    • No
    • Its possible
    • Unlikely
    • I'll have to play it first to say

1st place = kotor tsl*

2nd place = lotr the third age*

3rd place = bards tale*

4th place = final fantasy ? *( there are so many, must think... nooooooo)

*this is all hyoptheticly, i do not have any affiliathin with goty awards, and i am just guessing

No.

If KOTOR2 wins Game of the Year in something like a year of development while Half-Life 2 with some five years of pretty solid work is passed over, I'm guessing there will be mass suicides throughout Valve.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

No.

If KOTOR2 wins Game of the Year in something like a year of development while Half-Life 2 with some five years of pretty solid work is passed over, I'm guessing there will be mass suicides throughout Valve.

Very good point

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Uh... were you at Valve to verify that those 5 years were actually of 'solid' work? Because the result sure doesn't support that. :devil:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Fable's probably the stiffest competition :) for RPG of the Year, so it looks like KOTOR2 will run away with that one.

Game of the year, considering the hype and expectations met, will probably be a two horse show between Halo 2 (who wants their avatar to be a guy in a short bus helmet with a name that suggests he'd be better suited to making a mean dish of plutzak than killing the guys from that Riddick movie) and GTA: San Andreas (not a criticism and not that I care, but was anyone surprised by the overwhelming amount of expletives thrown at you in this game?).

Nominated? Probably (unless there's some "rule" that disqualifies it from the 2004 awards because the PC version isn't out yet).

Win? Probably not. Too many hyped games out this year.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I was wondering, does a game getting GOTY ever influence anybody tp buy a game?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It's never made me buy one. I generally don't buy in to the media hype. I tend to check out forums and reviews by "joe gamer" rather than rely on a game's hype in the press.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

No, because as I believe I stated earlier, I don't care what the industry says about the game's status. If I like it based on what I've seen, then I'll buy it, regardless of whether or not it gets GOTY. The people who decided it are largely, if not all, men. And men prefer the destruction of opponents. It's old leftover instinct. Which means Halo 2 probably calls to them more...and KOTOR II will have to settle for RPG of the year. If this weren't the Halo year, KOTOR II would have GOTY hands down, I would think. But it is a Halo year, and with all the (ridiculous amounts of) hype that surrounded it, KOTOR doesn't stand a chance.

No, because as I believe I stated earlier, I don't care what the industry says about the game's status. If I like it based on what I've seen, then I'll buy it, regardless of whether or not it gets GOTY. The people who decided it are largely, if not all, men. And men prefer the destruction of opponents. It's old leftover instinct. Which means Halo 2 probably calls to them more...and KOTOR II will have to settle for RPG of the year. If this weren't the Halo year, KOTOR II would have GOTY hands down, I would think. But it is a Halo year, and with all the (ridiculous amounts of) hype that surrounded it, KOTOR doesn't stand a chance.

So you're saying men who like rpgs better are more feminine than others huh? :-

How about Vampire - Bloodlines and The Fall? Not that they are GotY candidates either but they are more innovative than K2, and Bloodlines is doing pretty well in terms of sales from what I hear. K2 is going to be a very good game no doubt, but that's not  to say it's GotY material.

Bloodlines is the best so far this year. I'm surprised, I didn't expect Bloodlines to do well at all in terms of sales. Has some tech issues though.

As to GOTY, sadly it will be GTA San Andreas, imo. Halo 2 was too disappointing in terms of length, level design, and ending. Half Life downfall, one word: Steam, not to mention boring plot and uninspired bad guys (or so I've been told). San Andreas was the only one to deliver on expectations, it seems.