Will KotOR II become a "game of the year"  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Will KotOR II become a "game of the year"

• Yes
    • No
    • Its possible
    • Unlikely
    • I'll have to play it first to say

Of course yes. If not than the people who made the choices are flawed.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

come on you guys, no matter how much we like TSL, halo 2 is gettin all the awards for this year. no way it couldn't. too much hype surrounding a game, which in my opinion is kinda overrated but still fun nonetheless.

Maybe RPG of the year, but the GOTY is probably reserved between Half-Life 2 or Halo 2.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Maybe RPG of the year, but the GOTY is probably reserved between Half-Life 2 or Halo 2.

Ya for some reason FPS are more widely liked in the gaming community, its unfortant, but I guess anyone can play them so they ahave a much larger audience, you know like being a DJ instead of learning an actual instrument

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think it'll be nominated, but the powers that be (read: The men in the gaming industry that decide these things) prefer blowing things up and killing competitors online to dark storylines and character development.

So it'll be nominated, but Halo 2 will win just because everyone expects it to. I find both Halos to be horribly overhyped. They're good, but still overhyped.

Regardless of what is decided by the industry, KOTOR II is my GOTY. I don't put much stock into what others think.

And this is what I call an unbiased poll. :-

No, K2 will not be GotY, and I seriously doubt it will be nominated. I don't think it will be a blockbuster and it certainly is not innovative in the technical aspect. It's just K1, with some new stuff. That doesn't qualify for GotY. Other RPGs out there will get higher ratings.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And this is what I call an unbiased poll. :(

No, K2 will not be GotY, and I seriously doubt it will be nominated. I don't think it will be a blockbuster and it certainly is not innovative in the technical aspect. It's just K1, with some new stuff. That doesn't qualify for GotY. Other RPGs out there will get higher ratings.

Actually, the other RPG's that came out this year were all rather sad. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne was the only one worth the time, really. LOTR: The Third Age was good, but not that good. La Pucelle Tactics? (Was that even this year?) A Disgaea clone. Just from the aspect of Heaven instead of Hell. KH: CoM, not a chance. I like KH, but a GBA game doesn't have a prayer. Fable wasn't half of what it was hyped to be.

And there's plenty other RPG's I'm missing, but the point is, of all the RPG's this year only Nocturne and KOTOR II seem to have a shot of standing up to Halo 2 or Half-Life 2. For the record, no, I don't play many PC RPG's, so I know nothing of them and I'm not going to comment on them because of that lack of knowledge. There may be some there that can contend for GOTY.

Perhaps if an Elder Scrolls game had come out this year, I'd agree with you, but as it is, I just can't see any other RPG's making the cut.

Actually, the other RPG's that came out this year were all rather sad. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne was the only one worth the time, really. LOTR: The Third Age was good, but not that good. La Pucelle Tactics? (Was that even this year?) A Disgaea clone. Just from the aspect of Heaven instead of Hell. KH: CoM, not a chance. I like KH, but a  GBA game doesn't have a prayer. Fable wasn't half of what it was hyped to be.

How about Vampire - Bloodlines and The Fall? Not that they are GotY candidates either but they are more innovative than K2, and Bloodlines is doing pretty well in terms of sales from what I hear. K2 is going to be a very good game no doubt, but that's not to say it's GotY material.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

i think it will be rpg of the year....i'm not huge into rpg's so i don't know the competition but i gather the year has been relatively lackluster. especially with fable turning out as average as it was.

Though HALO 2 will most likely win most xbox GOTY's.

And the PC version won't be out till febuary, and it will be game sites will probably be over it by end 2005.

For OVERALL GOTY i think it's a battle between HALO 2, GTA SA and HALF LIFE 2. It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

Though kotor 2 could well win a few GOTY from some sites

For OVERALL GOTY i think it's a battle between HALO 2, GTA SA and HALF LIFE 2. It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

Agreed. Considering the incredible amount of ass those 3 suck, I think it's safe to say one of them will be GotY. :(