One Of A Kind?

Hello!

It has been said many times in KOTOR that "Battle Meditation" was a very rare force power in KOTOR 1 and Bastilla Shan was the only one to be known to carry the rare force power in KOTOR... but now you get all theses seemingly rare force powers in KOTOR 2, you must be a pretty rare Jedi with quite rare powers?

What are all your thoughts on this?

Cheers!

:thumbsup:

What do you think of this:

When exploring the jungles on Dxun the player will be drawn to the Dark Side, and will face some of the strongest temptations yet. Within some of the ancient structures the choice can be made to bask in this power, and let it consume them, allowing the player to learn new powers that can't be found elsewhere in the game. Or, they can choose to resist the lure of the Dark Side, and stay the course towards the Light Side of the Force.

Personal Opinion: Probability of special force powers from Freedon Nadd's tomb - 99.9%

"You shall not pass!"

I'm more interested in how Battle Meditation works. Is it like the ULTIMATE version of Force Valor? Or more like a story related force power?

I can't imagine that it's a common use power. i mean battle meditation is used to inspire armies and fleets. and it takes time to prepare, according to kotor1. but i'll have to wauit untill february to find out <_<

What do you think of this:

When exploring the jungles on Dxun the player will be drawn to the Dark Side, and will face some of the strongest temptations yet. Within some of the ancient structures the choice can be made to bask in this power, and let it consume them, allowing the player to learn new powers that can't be found elsewhere in the game. Or, they can choose to resist the lure of the Dark Side, and stay the course towards the Light Side of the Force.

Personal Opinion: Probability of special force powers from Freedon Nadd's tomb - 99.9%

Ite IGN preview says you learn Force Crush in Freedon Nadd's tomb. Battle Meditation is not a DS power so it is probably learned in another way, e.g. by compleating Kreia's "influance" quest.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I'm more interested in how Battle Meditation works. Is it like the ULTIMATE version of Force Valor? Or more like a story related force power?

Actually it is a little better than Force Valor and what it adds to you it is removed from your enemies.

Suckage.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Actually it is a little better than Force Valor and what it adds to you it is removed from your enemies.

Hmm, haven't heard that before. where did you get this info? if it's true then what is the point of it?

Actually, it's stated that your version of battle meditation is less powerful than bastila's ever was. Yours only works on a small scale (your party) while her's can be usedon entire armies.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Actually, it's stated that your version of battle meditation is less powerful than bastila's ever was. Yours only works on a small scale (your party) while her's can be usedon entire armies.

Early on is was said that your battle meditation could effect the outcome of large scale battles too.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

You are a jedi in kotor 2 from the beginning. So far it isn't said how  your life was before!

The PC knows who he is and what he's been up to. He just doesn't remember how he ended up on the ebon hawk. And we as the gamers will find out more about the PC when the stroy progresses.

This may be the result of the PC being unconcious when he was taken from the Harbringer, rather than another case of amnesia.

Battle meditation wasent rare as i recall, i was just Bastila's skill in it that was Great, she at a early age has mastered it far better than other jedi's why she was so highly regarded, her power wasent unique, if i am not wrong in my recollection.

Correct if i am wrong :D .

But sure particular rare or unique force powers should ofcause not be overly done, however theres nothing to surgest your character couldnt be one in a crowd has master a special force talent that either rare or unique would have been sweet if the game took that approach, as i think one of the game reviews said you will forever change the galaxy with your character.

I can't imagine that it's a common use power. i mean battle meditation is used to inspire armies and fleets. and it takes time to prepare, according to kotor1. but i'll have to wauit untill february to find out <_<

ur gonna wait 'til feb? i got an xbox just for KotOR, you should do the same. i thought battle meditation could only be used on large fleets, not for small battles.

maybe that hints at something :D

ur gonna wait 'til feb? i got an xbox just for KotOR, you should do the same. i thought battle meditation could only be used on large fleets, not for small battles.

Well, a friend of mine told reason the empire was so strong under Palpatine was because he used something somewhat like that to empower his members, if this is true it would surgest it could be done outside large scale battles.

the empire was so strong under palpatine because he was manipulating everything, he got the republic to pay for his troopers, and he got the separitists to go to war, bringing the whole galaxy into chaos.

the clone wars dwindled the jedi numbers and after they're gone who is gonna be able to stop a sith?

Early on is was said that your battle meditation could effect the outcome of large scale battles too.

Ya I imagine theres a part where its like use your battle meditaion (on a large scale) or not and depending on what you do theres a cut scene. Also I think it would be cool if you could use battle meditation and the other members of your party had to protect you

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well, a friend of mine told reason the empire was so strong under Palpatine was because he used something somewhat like that to empower his members, if this is true it would surgest it could be done outside large scale battles.

Ya I believe that was in the Timothy Zahn books

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.