Why Do The Sith Want You So Badly?

Hello :)

Ok now,If the sith are after you just like that, I mean normally the sith are after some one if they are very very important, and the sith are all over you like ants in a nest in KOTOR 2?,now you must be more important then Revan ever was or as important as Revan, what makes the sith want you though? why are they after you?.Do you have a special power they want? or is it just because you are the last "known Jedi" in the galaxy? for all this to happen you must be very very important...and since your PC seems to be very important, I want at least a very "worthy ending"

Do you think Darth Nilihis wants you since he sends all the sith after you?

any Ideas people?

cheers

:-:thumbsup:

Possible.

There's obviously some sort of mission that you're up to which would be very bad for them should you accomplish it. Therefore they're swarming to try and kill you. Hmm...

It would be good to actually be able to become a bona fide Sith Lord in the course of the game. You know, allied with the Sith instead of the Jedi, since in KOTOR even if you were the most evil Darth Revan possible, the Sith would still fight you and die senselessly. They were far too loyal to Malak.

"You shall not pass!"

Here's a fascinating quote from a recent article that may have something to do with it:

If you think the difference between Jedi and Sith is merely good versus evil, KOTOR 2 may change your mind. There are motivations for both sides that go well beyond simple morality. That is what sets KOTOR 2 apart from all other Star Wars games -- it forces you to reconsider the notion of Jedi, Sith, and both roles within the galaxy.

What do you think?

"You shall not pass!"

Here's a fascinating quote from a recent article that may have something to do with it:

If you think the difference between Jedi and Sith is merely good versus evil, KOTOR 2 may change your mind. There are motivations for both sides that go well beyond simple morality. That is what sets KOTOR 2 apart from all other Star Wars games -- it forces you to reconsider the notion of Jedi, Sith, and both roles within the galaxy.

What do you think?

I was thinking the same thing when I read that awhile ago. I think you may actually be able to JOIN the Sith. It would make sense right? Why wouldn't they let a powerful Force user join them, especially if the PC kills Sion and Nihilus (and Sith Chick). In my opinion it would give more meaning to whatever side you are fighting for. If you join a particular group, you obviously believe in those ideals. Tats one thing I didn't like about KOTOR I, on Dantoonie the Council is all acting like I'm a perfect Jedi even though I had already gone almost totally dark.

No kidding. That's why I liked being able to Force Choke impudent people in the course of conversation. The trouble was, you couldn't do it very often. Sigh.

Idea for KOTOR 2.

Exile: I need to know about "blank"...

Random Impudent Character on a World: What do you ... <<choke>>

Exile: I NEED TO KNOW "BLANK"...

Just random. ALl the time. Don't like the way he looked at you? Choke! She won't tell you what you need to know? Choke. Just like Vader. It's almost imperceivable, but has a very lasting impression on those who experience it.

"You shall not pass!"

Possible.

They were far too loyal to Malak.

Not just loyal. They were also not very intelligent, and brutish, like Malak. :thumbsup:

What do you think?

I think Lucas is going to be mad. :D

No kidding. That's why I liked being able to Force Choke impudent people in the course of conversation. The trouble was, you couldn't do it very often. Sigh.

Idea for KOTOR 2.

Exile: I need to know about "blank"...

Random Impudent Character on a World: What do you ... <<choke>>

Exile: I NEED TO KNOW "BLANK"...

Just random. ALl the time. Don't like the way he looked at you? Choke! She won't tell you what you need to know? Choke. Just like Vader. It's almost imperceivable, but has a very lasting impression on those who experience it.

That would be cool. I always wondered why KOTOR didn't just let us choke someone, voluntarily, or involuntarily.

It's good that you took up that article gandalf. i forgot about that one. and the thing you said about that mission the pc is on, it could be right. but it could also be so simple as this: you don't really have a mission, but you are the last known jedi. so they want you dead or converted. they don't want there to be a LS char left to teach others the jedi ways.

Or i could be just rambling incoherently :thumbsup:

I think that Revan and Co. were coming looking for you as you were a close friend in the Mandalorian War. This could be because you had important skills that Revan needed and liked about you. This could be if you went light or dark in kotor 1 because Revan is nowhere to be found so you cannot have been influenced by him.

What do people think of that??

Perhaps it's a situation similar to the first game. The Sith are after another target and don't really take a notice of you until they realize the tremendous danger coming from your person. And because you are the "last known Jedi" so far, every evil power in the galaxy will concentrate on you.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Ok so for instance if you didn't want to join the Jedi from the start and you wanted to become a sith does that mean all Jedi would be your enemy from the start? so you have sith as your allies and the Jedi would be you pure enemies so instead of Darth Ni or Darth Sion being your enemies they would be your alllies but you betray them and become leader and Atris or whoever follows the jedi would be your main boss? is this what you mean?

Ok so for instance if you didn't want to join the Jedi from the start and you wanted to become a sith does that mean all Jedi would be your enemy from the start? so you have sith as your allies and the Jedi would be you pure enemies so instead of Darth Ni or Darth Sion being your enemies they would be your alllies but you betray them and become leader and Atris or whoever follows the jedi would be your main boss? is this what you mean?

I you choose sith then you must ally with a sith lord(until you backstab him :) ) ,so you will fight the rebublic and the other sith lords.

But from lightsiders , Atris might be an opponent. But the next week we will definetly know.(I LOVE TO HEAR SPOILERS)

They want you because they know you are that damned good. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Again, think it has something to do with Exar Kun or Qel Droma which are some of the most spoken about characters in the chronicles.

Lets assume that the Sith is Massassi and Krath then if your character is somehow connected with Exar Kun then you would be a valueable asset to them.

Or if you are in family with Qel Droma it might be revenge since his betrayel to The Sith caused Exar Kun to be defeated.

Or if you are somewhat a special character with a unfound ability the Sith might be after that ability.

Finally you being a Jedi might pose a threat to them.

Any guess is good at this moment when we stand without to many clues.

Well, it could be for various reasons like your caracter being very good with the force or something like that, but...

Another interesting question would be if it's only the Sith that want you, specially seing what happened in Kotor I with all that manipulation and so on, made by the Jedi Order. Not sure what i will do in Kotor II if that happens again, because one side wants to kill you ou whatever, but if the other side continues their quest of manipulating i may end to the dark side or doing my own way (if at all possible of course). >_<

In the end, the light side, or specially the republic, seems to always like to use people to their own interests too (again the point, what is wrong or right?), so it could be interesting if that occurs on Kotor 2 again. Damm, maybe i will end one bitter and lonely jedi, who doesn't trust anyone and don't wants to be with other people :lol:

Well, it could be for various reasons like your caracter being very good with the force or something like that, but...

Another interesting question would be if it's only the Sith that want you, specially seing what happened in Kotor I with all that manipulation and so on, made by the Jedi Order. Not sure what i will do in Kotor II if that happens again, because one side wants to kill you ou whatever, but if the other side continues their quest of manipulating i may end to the dark side or doing my own way (if at all possible of course). :ermm:

In the end, the light side, or specially the republic, seems to always like to use people to their own interests too (again the point, what is wrong or right?), so it could be interesting if that occurs on Kotor 2 again. Damm, maybe i will end one bitter and lonely jedi, who doesn't trust anyone and don't wants to be with other people >_<

Things do seem to surgest everyone has their own agenda either minor or major. :lol:

Maybe you drank the last beer at the Sith hideout and now Sion wants to take it out of your hide.

Or maybe you slept with his sister and theres going to be a shotgun wedding

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Maybe you drank the last beer at the Sith hideout and now Sion wants to take it out of your hide.

Or maybe you slept with his sister and theres going to be a shotgun wedding

Shotgun wedding, sing this song.  Oh God!  Oh God!

Shotgun wedding with Remington.  Its a Pancor Jackhammer!

(w00t) , well as long as my PC didn't sleep with him :lol: ....

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Imagine a galaxy filled with hundreds of Sith Assassins led by Darth Sion. The Jedi have been decimated, and all of the sudden they get news about a would-be Jedi, the exile. Not only do all these assassins really have nothing better to do, but it would make them very popular if they were the one to bring you down or bring you to their side. They are going to hunt you down like mad.

Imagine a galaxy filled with hundreds of Sith Assassins led by Darth Sion.  The Jedi have been decimated, and all of the sudden they get news about a would-be Jedi, the exile.  Not only do all these assassins really have nothing better to do, but it would make them  very popular if they were the one to bring you down or bring you to their side. They are going to hunt you down like mad.

Well, my guess is your either, a child or a imbodied spirit of Qel Droma and Darth Sion is Aleema's cousin Keto or Cay Qel- Droma which was slain by Ulic Qel Droma, which if it is the case could explain both his disfigurement and interest in your pc. :D

What is wild guesses for anyways :-

EDIT: to be honest i think Sion is Keto, i seem to recall Keto having some assassin skill, and he did know DS magic so it could well be him.

When you begin the game I doubt you're that important to the Sith. It's not until you start killing the hunters they send after you, slip though their fingers, and accomplish something interesting that the Sith are really going to be 'swarming' you.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.