Crazy thought: Is Kreia actually Bastila?

I know Kreia looks a lot older than Bastila, and its only been five years, but perhaps she's artificially aged (darkside). Perhaps Revan died, and Bastila was devastated by the loss, thus turning her permanently to the darkside. Maybe that's the big twist (I know, its a long shot, but if its true, I'll look like a genius two months from now :p ). Then again, maybe not. :p

First off let me say welcome to the boards.

Now as to your post I am going to have to go with a big NO! on this one. mainly because it has only been five years since KOTOR and while you will turn pasty and more or less look dead I don't think the DS will acctually age a person.... well atleast not 50 years.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I really hope not. As has been mentioned, the 5 year time frame is not enough for any reasonable reason for Bastila to go from a late teens/early twenties attractive female, to an old hag. The DS does have an affect on appearance, but that's when it's used a lot and over long periods of time. Heck, Kreia looks like the Emperor and he had been using the DS extensively for years.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I hope not.

I think the devs at Obsidian had long meeting discussing anything that a pool of potential SW geeks might think of then threw all those ideas in the trash.

Not because the ideas were all bad, but because they wanted to surprise us all.

I hope not.

I think the devs at Obsidian had long meeting discussing anything that a pool of potential SW geeks might think of then threw all those ideas in the trash.

Well, in this particular case, the idea is definitely a bad one, but if I'm right, the world will bow before me (at least in the imaginary one I live in), and if I'm wrong, I was never on these boards. :thumbsup:"

I hope not.

Well, in this particular case, the idea is definitely a bad one, but if I'm right, the world will bow before me (at least in the imaginary one I live in), and if I'm wrong, I was never on these boards. :)"

No, if you are right, i will irrationally blame you. :p

she is definitely a 70-80 something year old woman not a 20 somethin woman. as stated above the voice is different. the voice is that of an old woman.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I can't even believe in existence of such stupid thread.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Nur take that back you can believe there is a stupid thread like this. think about it. theres others that are stupid like this too.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Its not common with false names, so if she got something to hide its either with your past or she is a Sith.

But i think its most likely bet is your past, i think your identity is the Key, i remember one of the pc reviews saying something that made the puzzle interesting.

Kreia doesnt seem to act in favor of you being either LS or DS, rather that you remain in control of situations, which could surgest your character might have some powers or knowlegde that is able to do something terrible things probaly one of the reason he was force disconnected from the force.

Not to beat a dead horse or anything but, I noticed this quote from acolyte 1.1 (the gamer who has the game early):

"I have a seeking [sic] suspicion who Kreia might be, but I'm not going to reveal it."

This neither proves nor disproves my crazy theory, but it certainly adds a little intrigue to the equation. :ph34r:

I really hope not.  As has been mentioned, the 5 year time frame is not enough for any reasonable reason for Bastila to go from a late teens/early twenties attractive female, to an old hag.  The DS does have an affect on appearance, but that's when it's used a lot and over long periods of time.  Heck, Kreia looks like the Emperor and he had been using the DS extensively for years.

Using the Ds extensively for.... 5 years you say!?!

BWWWUUUUUUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hang on did i say 5? i meant 50 ;)