On the run?

I'm just curious about the with 15 hours of gameplay where they say you're pretty much on the run the whole time. How does this work? Are you timed or something? I really like to take my time the first playthrough so I hope I'm not being rushed through the first portion of the game.

I'm just curious about the with 15 hours of gameplay where they say you're pretty much on the run the whole time. How does this work? Are you timed or something? I really like to take my time the first playthrough so I hope I'm not being rushed through the first portion of the game.

i read that the first planet wil take up 4 hours to get off, if you go through with no sidequests, however this is just a general time that is an estimate on how long the game is, but they also said that the game play will be smoother so you will be on the run because its not as linear as kotor 1 so you won't get stuck anywhere.

You'll probably show up on a planet, run all the quests, then realize that the place has become swarmed with Sith since you arrived, and you have to fight your way back to the ship and then flee to the next place. Like every planet was it's own Leviathan or something. Might get lots of experience that way...

"You shall not pass!"

All good theories but maybe it would be like the levels after Taris In KOTOR 1 where their is someone who meets you on the planet or at your ship when you're finished with the levels those levels always made me excited to go find those who wanted to see me and kick thier tales

:devil:

I think the heirs of Black Isle have learned their lesson:

People always bitch about timers in RPGS. No timers.

I'm guessing it will just be the mood and the feel of it; like a Klansman in Harlem, everyone out to get you and nowhere to run. :devil:

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I agree with this! I do not want to be rushed on my first play through of the game.I want to take on every side quest I can and get use to Peragus station and getting to know where I am going.I don't want to have to not enjoy the first portion of the game. I want to sit back and solve the puzzles peacefully and I am going to follow the light side of the force so I am going to have to tread carefully and try not to quick to anger because I don't want to fall to the dark side...one thing is though I hope there are things in the game that will attempt to try and lure you to the dark side. I am so looking forward to playing thr game.

:devil:

I think the heirs of Black Isle have learned their lesson:

People always bitch about timers in RPGS. No timers.

I'm guessing it will just be the mood and the feel of it; like a Klansman in Harlem, everyone out to get you and nowhere to run. o:)

:devil: wow thats the best example I've heard all day! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

I don't think they meant you're being timed. It's like Ivan said, you're constantly being chased so it's not like you can sit around playing pazzaak all day.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I agree with this! I do not want to be rushed on my first play through of the game.I want to take on every side quest I can and get use to Peragus station and getting to know where I am going.I don't want to have to not enjoy the first portion of the game. I want to sit back and solve the puzzles peacefully and I am going to follow the light side of the force so I am going to have to tread carefully and try not to quick to anger because I don't want to fall to the dark side...one thing is though I hope there are things in the game that will attempt to try and lure you to the dark side. I am so looking forward to playing thr game.

:thumbsup:

It seems like the Dxun (I think) especially has a lot of dark side temptations. Basically it sounds like it's kind of a wild place so killing is the easiest option and thus the most tempting but it give you dark side points. It mentions that in the latest IGN article on KOTOR2.

I really do hope we aren't rushed through the first portion of the game though. I hope it's more like just giving you a feeling that you're rushed but really you could take your time if you wanted to. I have a feeling that drain life/force heal will be very important in the first stages of the game.

I think you guys are taking this whole "rushed" business too seriously. All they really meant to say, from what I can tell, is that you aren't going to have control over your planet-hopping for a while, and you won't really know what your ultimate goal is or even what will happen next. You'll have your back up against the wall from encounter's with the Sith (and maybe bounty hunters, as well). You'll feel like the enemy is moving against you, but you won't have any way to really push back.

In my opinion, this is a good thing.

This might mean you won't be able to accomplish every single quest on your first play through, but I'm also sure you'll have all the time you could possibly want to finish the quests you have.

I don't understand why people have so many problems with timers. I mean time just doesn't stand still. Your enemies aren't going to stand still and do nothing while you do your thing. Time needs to be a factor otherwise there sense of danger or foreboding. You might as well have this carefree attitude that you have all the time in the world which is STUPID.

The universe is hanging on a thread, but you can take years to finish. Bleh, timers are needed to show that the enemies aren't waiting for you. They are going to find you and kill you.

I don't understand why people have so many problems with timers.  I mean time just doesn't stand still.  Your enemies aren't going to stand still and do nothing while you do your thing.  Time needs to be a factor otherwise  there sense of danger or foreboding.  You might as well have this carefree attitude that you have all the time in the world which is STUPID.

The universe is hanging on a thread, but you can take years to finish.  Bleh, timers are needed to show that the enemies aren't waiting for you.  They are going to find you and kill you.

It's a simple matter of feeling like you're being rushed to get to a certain place in a genre which is often most enjoyable when you can go where you want and do as you please.

The best solution is to find a storyline which doesn't make time an issue, or at least makes it a very distant one (for example, KOTOR's 'the Republic is losing the war and will be conquered by the Sith if you don't find the Star Forge!', with virtually no indicators as to just how long this 'conquest' will take.)

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?