GamePlay

i was reading at gamepro.com it said that KotoR2 is supposed to have a 100+ hours of gameplay this is the link......http://gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox/games/previews/39408.shtml i'm just reporting but i wouldn't trust that since its from 11/8/2004

i dont know i thought it was supposed to be close to Kotors length. maybe Adam could enlighten us instead of ignoring me like usual?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Haven't all the devs contended though that it'll be approximately the same length as KOTOR I? Even if it's a few more hours longer, that still puts it in the 35-45 hour range, well off a 100+ hour game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well if you want to play it in four possible ways

previous game LS

now LS or DS

previous game LS

now LS or DS

then it is 4x20 or 30 hours then it adds up

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Well if you want to play it in four possible ways

previous game LS

now LS or DS

previous game LS

now LS or DS

then it is 4x20 or 30 hours then it adds up

And that is only assuming that you play virtually the same way with just a separate alignment. Doing different romances, testing influence limits on every character, picking separate powers/feats. 100+? Easily. But not the first time through.

Estimating game play length is a pretty tough thing to do. People play at varying paces and explore different aspects of what's offered to them.

A lot of dialogs have an opt out with the 'I don't care, don't bore me with this' sort of attitude. If someone did that a lot, they'd definitely have a far shorter game experience than someone who thoroughly explores the dialogs.

When I was playing around with the game a couple weeks ago, there was a sequence of cutscenes and dialogs that lasted for over an hour for me, because I was exploring every possible dialog path. I still don't think it's all the way up to 100 hours, but I'm not a very good judge of that. KotOR2 was a 60 hour game for me. I tend to play RPGs slower than the average person. I think I spent around an hour talking to Ravel in Torment as well. :blink:

Then you have the other end of the spectrum where people can get through the games insanely fast. I believe the QA team for KotOR1 was able to get from start to finish in about 12 hours. My understanding is that it was about the same for KotOR2, but I don't remember for certain.

There is a lot to do in the game, but people's play length times will definitely vary substantially. But we think on average, people will find the game about as long as KotOR1.

-Akari

A semi off topic question: When considering game estimated game length, does that take into consideration load times and cutscenes as well? Or is the estimated game length just the time it takes during actual control over your character?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I just count the time I am infront of the screen, personally.

That would skew the estimated game length horribly though. I'll take my two most recent games I've played on my comp, NWN and Vampire. NWN's load times were quick for me. Probably no more than 10 seconds and I was off. Vampire, on the other hand, were so slow for each area that I literally had time to go downstairs, pour myself a glass of water, bring the water upstairs, go to the washroom for a pee, then come back in time to see the thing finish loading. In other words, it added probably an additional 1 minute (at its fastest) to 4 minutes (at its painfully slowest) to game time every single time I entered a new area.

I finished K1 in just short of 70 hours, Im a very slow player so to really milk out the game because I cant replay RPGs(my memory is too good)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

How?!?!?!

I did everything to boot to and was finished in 30.  I don't see how the hell you can come up with 70.

Maybe he spent a good 40 hours at a paazak table? That's the only thing I could see that would expand on the game length.