Other Races

It may have been because in the first game there was a love story that could unfold, and no matter how open minded carth and bastilla were, I dont think they could have been physically attracted to say a rhodian. Maybe TSL also has a love story that can happen :unsure: just a thought

It may have been because in the first game there was a love story that could unfold, and no matter how open minded carth and bastilla were, I dont think they could have been physically attracted to say a rhodian. Maybe TSL also has a love story that can happen :) just a thought

I think a love story involving a Twi'lek wouldn't be entirely impossible in TSL :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I found it stupid to begin with in KotOR that you couldn't play another Race, but why hasn't Obsidan put it in?

Because there's Star Wars Galaxies if you want to play as a different race?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I found it stupid to begin with in KotOR that you couldn't play another Race, but why hasn't Obsidan put it in?

Even better than Galaxies is Academy. You are guaranteed to be a Jedi and you can be multiple races like Rodian, Twilek, Zabrak, and a Kel Dor.

Sometimes too many choices are a bad thing. Making you play as a human allowed your character to be shown in cutscenes and developed more. In Planescape, we had a set sex, race, and (sort of) name. That allowed for better character development and a deeper experience. I can't think of any real gameplay difference between playing as a human vs a twilek, and if you bring in more exotic races like wookies, you are talking about speaking different languages and other similar obstacles.

If they had made other races available as the main PC then the detail on Revan would have suffered (well, the little detail we got). All those times you saw Revan in his robes and mask - can imagine trying to hide the fact your a wookie in that?

Maybe not a wookie but there are many races that it could be!

Zabrak for instance, they are very similar in size and shape.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

True, but overall I think it was a sensible choice to limit the PC to being a human, because players can relate more to that. It also allowed for more detail on the character appearance, aswell as the romance sub-plot bit thats been mentioned.

I'm not gonna disagree with that but all i'm saying is it would have been possile for an alien to be under Revan's robes.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

• 5 weeks later...

but galaxies u have to pay to play and some people dont have that much money to spend including myself

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

but galaxies u have to pay to play and some people dont have that much money to spend including myself

I hated galaxies. $50 upfront and then charges to play. It doesnt seem worth it..........