Designer Ramblings: Romance

"Which Lightsaber is yours Mace?"

"The one that says bad Motherf*ucker"

Just call me...shaft windu. :cool:

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

You always see a lot of greens reading topics like this but they never post.

Why?

Because it's just a game to them. They're all laughing at us and the way we swarm over every Sith Lord morsal. The greens are the true dark lords.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

You always see a lot of greens reading topics like this but they never post.

Why?

Because it's just a game to them. They're all laughing at us and the way we swarm over every Sith Lord morsal. The greens are the true dark lords.

Either that, or they're even bigger geeks than we are and can't work up the nerve to make any comments for fear of abuse.

I prefer that interpretation. Better for the self-esteem. :huh:

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I'm not concerned abotu KOTOR2 in the slightest.

I've got the feeling that it's already ahead of it's time in terms of replayability.

I beat KOTOR 7 times after all, and it wasn't all that replayable.

KOTOR2 will likely ensnare me for a LONG time...

"You shall not pass!"

Indeed interesting. Maybe if it had a new graphic engine and new game mechanics(if it was totally original) it could be one of the best GAMES of this decade

I wouldn't give up hope of that just yet....after all, PS:T lacked a "new graphic engine and new game mechanics" yet PS:T (& FO), are arguably the best RPG's of the decade. :cool:

the farthest they're ever likely to go into the subject is kissing (without tongues) and painful dialogue ala the line about the sand and Padme's skin in Episode II

:huh:

All hail the King of the "foot massage". :cool:

manthing2.jpg

That is what it sounded like to me. Developers continue to call this a very 'dark' game, much like "The Empire Strikes Back" was the darkest of the three movie. It makes sense that the romances in this game would soak in the general tone and mood.

True,was curious though exactly how much say the player will have in the "ending" of the romance though. Is it a situation where no matter who you choose as an option it all ends bitter sweet? Or do the choices the player make have big role in the "ending"? Could the player screw it up if they do or this or that? Or maybe despite the dark feel to the situation could it end not so "cliff hanger" ,as Empire did.

No matter how it's worked it sounds like it should be fun,was just curious how much control the player has and how much is preset into the game.

lol I can imagine I play a male character and Visa Marr and Handmaiden both love me and the I make my move towards Handmaiden and out of a jealous rage vissa marr tries to kill Hand Maiden because she was jealous? in other words she wanted me? oh great this is going to be fun!

:p :cool:

Well if you get to pick your love interest, which I'm sure you will.....that is a great move by the devs. In Knights, you only got Bastila.....and as hot as she may be, she was a real nag. I found myself talking to Mission or Juhani after Bastial yelled at me for being childish.....never quite got over that..... :p

Anyway, I'm going Visas Marr. She is pretty hot for a dark chick..... :p"