Designer Ramblings: Romance

If I understood it correctly then you would be right. Unless, of course, the other romances were not plot related per se, and only were for character development.

Example:Falling in love with Bastila had very little to do with the plot. It was somewhat easier to redeem her then, but the overall story was the same.

/me is thinking about Planescape: Torment and the blink-and-you'll-miss-it Annah romance along with the subtle-to-the-point-of-non-existence Fall-From-Grace romance.

In some ways, I like it better that way. Implied romances are far more intriguing than gushing, blatantly obvious romances. On the other hand, I hope they aren't so subdued as to be completely forgettable.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Just hope all romances have a possibility to lead somewhere, with hard work hate the ones where you work hard on them and in the End, sorry my position cant allow such or we shouldnt do this it not the way of the Jedi lets stay friends.

Nothing more annoying than women that cant make up their mind, one moment completely steamed up next its doctor logic. <_<

good thread! romance can really affect the plot as chris said earlier.

Once again ( no surprise ), KOTOR2 goes a step further and has romances that don't only affect direct plot but indirectly affect future plot. I would wonder if you were to have a romance with a person from your party. How would that affect the gameplay/combat?? Would they want to talk to you even more or fight more strategic to save you?? thnx again for the info

**Now there is a reason to max out persuade :p Romance all the ladies :-" **

dec. 6!!! WOOEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... thats monday.... yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee >_<

If I understood it correctly then you would be right. Unless, of course, the other romances were not plot related per se, and only were for character development.

Example:Falling in love with Bastila had very little to do with the plot. It was somewhat easier to redeem her then, but the overall story was the same.

I understood it to say, some people outside the party might have problems with your romantic relationships with those in your party.

Maybe I'm nuts. Stranger things have happened.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

good thread! romance can really affect the plot as chris said earlier.

Once again ( no surprise ), KOTOR2 goes a step further and has romances that don't only affect direct plot but indirectly affect future plot. I would wonder if you were to have a romance with a person from your party. How would that affect the gameplay/combat?? Would they want to talk to you even more or fight more strategic to save you?? thnx  again for the info

**Now there is a reason to max out persuade :p Romance all the ladies  :p" **

dec. 6!!! WOOEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... thats monday.... yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :-

Always had mine at max 16char around 23persuade >_<

I understood it to say, some people outside the party might have problems with your romantic relationships with those in your party.

Actually, that makes much more sense. And is even more interesting, dammit!

Ouch, this mean it can back fire, hope it nothing like in real life i almost always tend to create more problems that i can bit around >_<"

Ouch, this mean it can back fire, hope it nothing like in real life i almost always tend to create more problems that i can bit around :-"

>_<

I think it might be a case of art imitating life, I'm afraid. :p

/Begin Romance Thread

This is not because I am not a romantic, but I feel that not only is the game darker than Feargus

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ouch, this mean it can back fire, hope it nothing like in real life i almost always tend to create more problems that i can bit around >_<"

It makes more sense? What is the world coming to, if I'm starting to make sense lol?! Seriously, it sounds awesome. Thanks chris. I wonder if this will bring in racial barriers? For example, if I was a female PC (which I will be, the 1st time around anyway) and I romanced Bao dur, and we happened to come in contact with a guy like the one who attempted to buy Juhani in K1 and who hated all non human species, what would happen when he saw my PC and Bao together?

That would make for an interesting dynamic, especially if the character had something I needed that was crucial to the storyline, or just something I wanted really badly (like if he had a super rare lightsaber crystal for sale). That opens up another dynamic: You could kill or threaten, or force manipulate him for the crystal as a way around his problem with your romance (the ds way obviously), or you could simply try to persuade him to sell it to you (the lightside, or neutral way). Goodness, this game is gonna be good...

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Wonder if i can play with a female character and still getting action with women, guess it not important but would give 2 nice things to look at  :p  >_<  :-"

Well by that tolken they have to show hot manlove, and I don't think anyone wants to stuff like Carth on Jolee action. :p

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Wonder if i can play with a female character and still getting action with women, guess it not important but would give 2 nice things to look at  :p  o:)  :-"

Well by that tolken they have to show hot manlove, and I don't think anyone wants to stuff like Carth on Jolee action. :o

Wasent looking to start a discussion on this since it already been way overdue at NWN2 romance post in their forum, and peoples reaction to it.

Only curious if we could get a final answer if it was in Kotor2, as a player triggered romance or not.

But if you wanna make a post about i wouldnt mind but if it gonna take half as much room here as it did in NWN2 romance post then it should be a seperate post for discussion.