The Seven Forms of lightsaber combat

Haven't any of you guy seen Legend of the Drunken Master or any of those badass kung fu flix

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I prefer to enjoy the fighting than overanalyzing it. I think that it reduces the fun.

You aren't true fan of Vapaad then. Shoo! Shoo!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

form 1: Basic sword techniques. Blocks, thrusts, swipes, parries. Learned by all young padawan in training.

form 2: Ancient and efficient fighting style from the old republic. Created specifically for use in lightsaber duels. Not used by the jedi order in the time of the films due to the fact that their known enemies did not wield lightsabers. Used by Count Duku.

form 3: Extreme defensive stance. Based on exercises in deflecting blaster fire with the lightsaber. Masters of this form can be all but impossible to kill, but may have trouble dispatching their enemy as well. Used by Obi-wan.

form 4: Acrobatic and speed based style. Lightening fast movements coupled with atheletic maneuvers allow for quick strikes and make the practisioner a moving target that is hard to strike. Used by Qui-gon, mastered by Yoda.

form 5: For those who feel that form 3 does not provide enough offense. Based on exercises in which the jedi deflects blaster bolts so that they return to strike the person who fired them. A style that uses broad and powerful strokes to overpower the opponent. Used by Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker.

form 6: The diplomats form. Uses elements of forms 1, 3, 4, and 5. This is the style used by most jedi during the time of the movies. It incorporates techniques from many of the other styles but mastery of none of them. A very defensive style used by peace keepers. It is considered to be the weakest lightsaber style.

form 7: Very rare and most deadly lightsaber technique. Is a combanation of styles 4 and 5. Uses extremely powerful strokes at unpredictable angles and speeds to confuse and overpower enemies. Dangerous for the inexperienced because it feeds off of emotions and can easily lead to the dark side. Practiced by Mace Windu.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no dark side there is lightside.

There is no xbox there is only PC

Im an LS in every game, but so help me....that has inspired me to write my own version:

Peace(PC) is a lie, there is only passion. (For my early XBOX version!)

Through passion(of playing it early), I gain strength(to ignore hardcore PC fanatics).

Through strength, I gain victory.

Through victory my chains are broken.

KOTOR II:The Sith Lords set me free.

I really don't have some fanboy mindset for either side.(Really.) But I do like my XBOX(almost as much as my PC), and I get tired of this constant debate. Both have good and bad points. Let it be.

What do you mean? I took that straight from one of your posts one the previous page. It isnt there anymore, but I swear, by God, that it was there.

I was just making a reply. Drunk? Never. Eccentric? Maybe.

EDIT:Checked again, and found it this time. You took some sayings and altered them toward PC, I did the same for XBOX. Then I went on to say that Im not a fanboy, or anything, and I simply believe that PC AND XBOX are good.

Haven't any of you guy seen Legend of the Drunken Master or any of those badass kung fu flix

Yep.

Local channel shows one martial arts movie every saturday, horrible dubbing included. :p

Nur, good link. Missed while searching theforce.net forums for info.

And the *drunken* style uses sometimes awkward, random moves to defeat an opponents defense. Kinda like that

They say Vapaad is the most powerful, but it seems it is defeated by Anakin's VI style, so whos kung fu is better?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yep.

Local channel shows one martial arts movie every saturday, horrible dubbing included. :p

Nur, good link. Missed while searching theforce.net forums for info.

And the *drunken* style uses sometimes awkward, random moves to defeat an opponents defense. Kinda like that

They say Vapaad is the most powerful, but it seems it is defeated by Anakin's VI style, so whos kung fu is better?

Neo's :ph34r:

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Neo's :ph34r:

Those movies sucked, and didn't one of the bros. get a sex change?

Thats what my friend Skylar told me

Remaining 4 forms are force forms, and have nothing common with the lightsaber.

"There are 11 Lightsaber forms to learn (though you can only learn 7 total), which allow you to choose the type of defense and offense to match the situation. There are forms to handle being surrounded by opponents, for taking on foes with blasters, and even a Lightsaber form to handle Jedi."

It doesn't say 11 forms total it says 11 LIGHTSABER forms, whether its right or wrong we wont know until we play the game. But from the way ut sounds there, there will be 15 forms total (11 Lightsaber forms and 4 force forms).

Also for those who are interested all the lightsaber forms which can be learned in the game are open to any type of saber and also to multiple sabers as well.

The type or number of sabers you are using doesn't have any effect on lightsaber forms.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Remaining 4 forms are force forms, and have nothing common with the lightsaber.

"There are 11 Lightsaber forms to learn (though you can only learn 7 total), which allow you to choose the type of defense and offense to match the situation. There are forms to handle being surrounded by opponents, for taking on foes with blasters, and even a Lightsaber form to handle Jedi."

It doesn't say 11 forms total it says 11 LIGHTSABER forms, whether its right or wrong we wont know until we play the game. But from the way ut sounds there, there will be 15 forms total (11 Lightsaber forms and 4 force forms).

Also for those who are interested all the lightsaber forms which can be learned in the game are open to any type of saber and also to multiple sabers as well.

The type or number of sabers you are using doesn't have any effect on lightsaber forms.

Read my post on the first page:

In KOTOR II, you can learn up to six of the seven Jedi Lightsaber Forms.

These Lightsaber Forms are the domain of the Sentinels and Guardians. Consulars learn the most basic ones, but then study Force Forms, which affect how they utilize their Force Powers.