The Seven Forms of lightsaber combat

I've been reading about how they are going to have lightsaber stances in TSL, now my question is this: Are the stances just dev made PC stances or moves just to look cool while performing them? OR are they actually putting the TRUE Seven forms into this game for those who do not know the seven forms here is a quick rundown:

Form I: Basic swordplay (younglings learn this)

Form II:Fencing (a rare style by the time of AOTC, it is used by Count Dooku)

Form III: Master defensive posture (used by Obi-Wan)

Form IV: the Acrobatic (A force driven form that involves graceful and acrobatic moves such as twisting and jumping, favored by Qui-Gon Jinn and Yoda)

Form V: the Power posture ( a very strong posture that involves slower but more powerful moves, favored by Vader and Anakin)

Form VI: a collection of some of these forms, not sure which ones off the top of my head.

Form VII: Vapaad ( mastered by few, favored by mace windu, the most powerful and dangerous of all forms )

*This info can be found in SW Insider issue #62*

If the devs implemented THIS...I think I'll wet myself :"> , oh the choices...

Vapaad was invented by Mace Windu so, how it could be in a video game that takes place 4000 years before Windu?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I just read in IGN that there are 11 forms and 7 that you can learn.

"There are 11 Lightsaber forms to learn (though you can only learn 7 total), which allow you to choose the type of defense and offense to match the situation. There are forms to handle being surrounded by opponents, for taking on foes with blasters, and even a Lightsaber form to handle Jedi."

edit: the reason you can't learn all of them is because you have to be of a certain alignment to learn some.

Remaining 4 forms are force forms, and have nothing common with the lightsaber.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/563/563609p2.html?fromint=1

In KOTOR II, you can learn up to six of the seven Jedi Lightsaber Forms. These are fighting techniques whose effectiveness depends upon the tactical situation. Each form shines in certain conditions, but also has weaknesses. Learning the characteristics of the Lightsaber Forms, and switching between them as the combat situation changes, can allow a Jedi to prevail in what would otherwise be a fatal encounter.

These Lightsaber Forms are the domain of the Sentinels and Guardians. Consulars learn the most basic ones, but then study Force Forms, which affect how they utilize their Force Powers. Force Potency, for example, increases the damage inflicted by many Force Powers, but taxes the Jedi's energy. Force Affinity, on the other hand, allows the Jedi to focus so completely that they can even recover their Force Points during combat. As with the Lightsaber Forms, mastering when to use each Force Form will have a profound effect on a Jedi's effectiveness in combat.

EDIT: Concerning the seventh form, it is a little conflict point. For those that care, the Seventh form is called Juyo and Vaapad is a form included in it, it seems.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?top...&start=16376599

Search button people

Also in the IGN interview Kevin Saunders said, "In KOTOR II, you can learn up to six of the seven Jedi Lightsaber Forms." Six out of seven, which one is the odd man (woman, trying to be pc) out? My money is on Form VI, since it really is just an amalgamation of I, III, IV, and V and Obsidian may think it's redundant.

I'd say form I since all Jedi learn that one automatically.

All 7 Lightsaber Forms are in K2, as well as 4 Force Forms. You can learn up to a total of 7 of these 11 -- which ones you get depend upon your class. Consular-types will get the 4 Force Forms, while Sentinels/Guardians will only get the first one.

Kevin

One of the devs explained, iirc, that Mace Windus "form" is a hybrid of 2 other older forms and that the VII form was Juyo

They say in the insider that Darth Maul uses a sith version of form VII...now, since it is unlikely Windu taught him that particular form, it's my understanding that VII has been around before Windu. Windu most likely took the core of form VII and developed his own branch of fighting and moves seperate from the original structure.

Well Official Site pretty clearly states that Windu was developer of FORM VII and that it was still in experimental phase, but I understand that Obsidian must find some explanation for its presence in so ancient game

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Well Official Site pretty clearly states that Windu was developer of FORM VII and that it was still in experimental phase, but I understand that Obsidian must find some explanation for its presence in so ancient game

After searching the offical site, not sure where you saw that, but this is as close as you come.

Mace is a master of a lightsaber technique called Vaapad.

Vapaad is like drunken man's lightsabering :shifty:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Vapaad is like drunken man's lightsabering :shifty:

In your hands certainly. :blink:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Awesome link Eduardo! Congrats for redirecting all those infidels to the stronghold of the EU, hyhy.

And here's another very interesting vapaad link: Penumbra of the Dark Side: An Essay on Vaapad

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: