Designer Ramblings: Beyond Kotor 2

after my fourth time it got boring, still on taris for my 5th playthru 4 months after startin it :)

Not all hope is lost.

There is a change that you will continue your game, as we have 2 more months to wait until the sequel.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

after my fourth time it got boring, still on taris for my 5th playthru 4 months after startin it :o

Not all hope is lost.

There is a change that you will continue your game, as we have 2 more months to wait until the sequel.

Would everyone please stop reminding me that it's 2 more months!? :-

Bah. i'm going to get some chocolate icecream...

Last I heard K3 was cancelled and LucasArts fired the staff.

Nevertheless I'm sure there will be one.

They were just working on an engine at the time, from the little i heard it wasn't much more than that. LA is seemingly trying to because just a publisher rather than a dev/publisher.

And I wouldn't expect to see a K3 for this gen of consoles

you guys do realize that now kotor 3 will have a near impossible job of going one better, what one better than this?(Hades don't answer with nonsense about complying with d20, but if you have another suggestion then you can reply I don't want this thread to turn into whinge central)

That's great! At least this way there are quite a few more variations that can occur, which gives me a reason to play this one 20,000 times, as opposed to the 10,000 I played the other.

I'd just like to say (as if everyone here hasn't already) that I think you guys did an excellent job with KOTOR 2 from what I can see, and I have great expectations of the game.

KOTOR3 will be the "Return of the Jedi" of the series.

So that means it'll be the weakest of the series and introduce a kid-friendly species that makes the film feel more focussed on the children?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

KOTOR3 will be the "Return of the Jedi" of the series.

So that means it'll be the weakest of the series and introduce a kid-friendly species that makes the film feel more focussed on the children?

People complained in ESB that the comments by C-3P0 were lame and his jokes were annoying and just in there for kids. The said the same thing abot the ewoks. twenty years later nobody seems to mind, people just hate Jar-Jar. GET OVER YOURSELVES, admit that it's funny and quit being so arrogant :)

Come on, it's too early for gungans, right? Ewoks are ok if you can get a hunting license...... Really though, Star Wars is a kids franchise. This one is supposed to be darker, but Kotor 1 had that Episode 1 happy shiny people feel a lot of the time, unless you were dark and then it was just kind of odd.

People complained in ESB that the comments by C-3P0 were lame and his jokes were annoying and just in there for kids.  The said the same thing abot the ewoks.  twenty years later nobody seems to mind, people just hate Jar-Jar.  GET OVER YOURSELVES, admit that it's funny and quit being so arrogant  :-

Actually, 20 years later I'm still cursing the fact that GL decided to go with the ewoks and Endor instead of his original idea of using Kashyyk and Wookiees. :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Chris - (end-game spoilers)

I've played through the game and I find myself unsatisfied with the hastiness with which the exile's companions have been consigned to the Fates. Places are fine, but people in whom the main character may have vested himself emotionally deserve more than a quick summary of the future.

Well, as for my question: Does this mean that there is no chance of them appearing with the exile if you guys are ever given the opportunity to make a sequel? I find it hard to believe that none would seek him out, especially considering the unique ability of the exile to form near-physical spiritual bonds with others.

It appears that the exile's fate mirrors that of the Nameless One's, but this time it was altogether unfulfilling and left me hollow. I never want to play through the game again, seeing as these are the best possible outcomes. I understand that the game can't end on a super-positive note, but I wished for there to be some hope, and I found none. Only more frustration as the exile departs from the galaxy to wait for a war that may never even occur in his lifetime.

This question has been burning in the back of my mind for a while now, and I don't hold out much hope that you will answer and will not blame you if you do not, but an answer will be greatly appreciated.

Come on, it's too early for gungans, right?  Ewoks are ok if you can get a hunting license......  Really though, Star Wars is a kids franchise.  This one is supposed to be darker, but Kotor 1 had that Episode 1 happy shiny people feel a lot of the time, unless you were dark and then it was just kind of odd.

People complained in ESB that the comments by C-3P0 were lame and his jokes were annoying and just in there for kids.  The said the same thing abot the ewoks.  twenty years later nobody seems to mind, people just hate Jar-Jar.  GET OVER YOURSELVES, admit that it's funny and quit being so arrogant  :p

Actually, 20 years later I'm still cursing the fact that GL decided to go with the ewoks and Endor instead of his original idea of using Kashyyk and Wookiees. :thumbsup:

naso that comment on playin ds in kotor1 rings so true, never a more screwed up version of bein evil hav i seen, it had barely any effect!

as for goa well be glad that he did use endor and the ewoks cos hes saved the best (kashyyk) for ep3 which looks phenomonal