Merry Christmas!

It kind of the thing with Durkheim and his totamism, when you worship a "divine being," you worship society and promotes social solidarity that what organised religions actually are! Faith is your beliefs in it, very personal and a bit odf a blind leap! Some of the dogma is the ideas that durkheim described and represent ideals, there NOT religious truths! (E.g Noah)

Yes but can you accept that? Besides, it is hard to say, but since we are all different none is equal. Some are superior and others infrerior(not in society, in biological terms). And i should have said"leaders who we think are uber". My mistake.

There is hope beyond hope

Also, saying that you cannot disprove something is a HUGE logical fallacy.

Let's fact facts, you cannot disprove god. Logically it's impossible. We'll never be able to. You can't honestly say we ever will...

No, we can't but who's to say that it's GOD? maybe it's something else? maybe there are more than one? maybe it's not an intelligent entity? maybe an alien came here and we took him for a god? (no, not kidding) or maybe there is nothing.

So many possibilities and we will probably never know.

Also, saying that you cannot disprove something is a HUGE logical fallacy.

Let's fact facts, you cannot disprove god. Logically it's impossible. We'll never be able to. You can't honestly say we ever will...

You can't prove him either!

Technically, god could reveal himself to us thus proving he exists. otherwise yes it would be impossible, which makes it a mystery.

Let's fact facts, you cannot disprove god.  Logically it's impossible.  We'll never be able to.  You can't honestly say we ever will...

Of course, because as I just stated, nothing's existence can be disproved. Leprechauns don't exist, right? No, they do. You just can't see them. They're invisible and can become insubstantial at will using super-leprechaun magic, so you'll never actually see... therefor they can exist... in fact, using Dr. Zug's prophecies, it's likely they do exist... disbeliever... heretic....

Same old line of reasoning.

I saw someone else write "we don't understand lots of stuff, so becuase there are mysteries, god must exist." Again, a logical fallacy. Because an animal doesn't understand psychology, does that mean god exists for him? No, it simply means he doesn't have the intellect to understand, or the knowledge to build an understanding upon. It's Biblical ignorance.

If you ever feel the need to play console games, buy the game (unless your a cheapass and you download) and get an emulator. Spend about $100 and buy an adapter and controller and whatelse you might want and play the game on your PC.

Geez, how did this topic happen?

My knowledge on religion is virtually nil, so I won't say anything other than, religion gives strength and faith to some people to accomplish great works to benefit humanity. It also gives great power to those who seek to control the lives of others.

I'm sure all of you have seen or heard examples of this throughout your lives.

Hmm, now that I write this religion sounds like the Force!

Hey, this is a Star Wars forum after all.

;)

I am an amateur Theologist.  Religious Studies was my minor at the University.  Of all the religions I have studied I hate Christianity the most, though each one have certain level of dislike except for Bhuddism.  I just can't hate a bhuddist.

That religion has intrigued me, and I understand little about it. However, after reading ancient Chinese works like Monkey, I am struck by how Buddhism is slightly cruel. People seem to accept their lot in life because they believe that it is due to something (in the case of the misfortunate) horrible they did in a previous life, thus putting the fault of their own misfortune on themselves. And, of course, the patricians did something good and should be more revered because they were virtuous in a previous life. I may be mistaken, but it seems kind of cruel to me.