Merry Christmas!

it's wrong to blame religion for the problems of humanity! only people are to blame for that .. religion is fundamentally a good thing, which tried to bring out the best in us! but some people use it wrong! but that is not religions fault!

and Obi-Wan Kenobi, my exsitence is a result of evolution .. my purpose of life is simply life it self, there is no higher meaning dictating our lives .. I believe in the ultimate free will!

Fortune favors the bald.

Religion is the cause of most of humanity's problems. It is an outdated defunct form of group mind philosophy to help people feel better at night. By all rights, it should have disappeared a long time ago and until it does nothing will get better.

I think i agree with you on this. It stayed so long becuase the "new" religions: kriistendom, islam and the rest were perfect for people with power and becuase they gave people hope. But now, we don't need them. People just don't realise that.

If there is not a God than explain to me about your extience

Why would we need a god to exist? I don't see anything wrong in believing all that stuff in the bible that was made up by humans, but i think it's BS. I can go and do that too. If Jesus would be alive today and would say that he is the son of god, nobody would believe him and he'd just end up in an asylum.

HAHAHAHA, your all going to HELL

There is no hell. It's possible there is a god(s) but there is no hell. If there is a god, then that means he created us knowing that at least some of us would do bad things (freedom of choice). However, if we get punished and go to hell for doing bad things, that is just wrong. That means that god made us knowing that we may spend a long time being tortured. If that's the case, that means god is a sadistic bastard, and I'd rather be in hell than with him. Obviously that is not the case, therefore there is no hell.

It creates strife due to the fear and ignorance of its teachings. You can examine Abrahamic religious beginnings and disprove them. Hell, the Bible creates so many logical fallacies it's astonishing (IE the first men leaving the garden of Eden and finding wives... how can that be?- they're supposed to be the first people.)

Some time talk to someone about not having a heaven and seem reasonably confident about post-death nothingness. They literally get freaked out; I once had a religious person tell me not to talk to them because it was frightening. That's why people believe in religion, an inability to accept that there is no afterlife.

HAHAHAHA, your all going to HELL

Can I print this forum? I think it might help for me sociology coursework. Religious intolerance all the way here! Any it's the value that count! Family, friends, forgiveness and turkey! Plus playing KOTOR 2 if you have it!

Actually I think there is evidence that a person called Jesus "the Christ" of Nasarath, (apologie's for spelling mistakes.) Whether he was divine or not is a different matter.

This is uot of topic. Sign

The existance or not of god is something that can simply not be proven. You can't prove that god exists, nor you can entirely deny his existance, because these are things beyond comprehension. Can you trully understand what eternity means? Or soul?

In order to have an organised society there must be some kind of religion. God(s) is/are supposed to be greater than humans, and thus it is a form of discrimination. Without religion, no stable society can survive, because people would all be entirely equal. Religion makes our mind possitive towards the belief that some beings are uber, or that some people are uber, or that we must have some leaders, who are uber.

There is hope beyond hope

That's why people believe in religion, an inability to accept that there is no afterlife.

I think that's pretty arrogant of you to say. I don't necessarily believe, but I keep an open mind b/c I don't know for sure. I am willing to accept that some people may have proof in there being a god, but I do not. What I don't like is arrogant people who believe in god simply becauset they're insecure with their life. Being arrogant like you are towards EVERYBODY only worsens the matter.. ;)

"Obi-Wan Kenobi", you're just like every fanatic. You preach and preach but in the end you can't say anything else than you're going to hell and you can't even explain why. And you ofcourse are going to heaven... well write me a card and tell me how it's up there will ya?

I think i agree with you on this. It stayed so long becuase the "new" religions: kriistendom, islam and the rest were perfect for people with power and becuase they gave people hope. But now, we don't need them. People just don't realise that.

no they were perfect becaust the reversed nature .. and made man feel superior! weak became strong, strong became weak .. those who look after each other are rewarded, while those who sacrifice themselves in pure nature get's nothing but death for it .. you could argue it's a system of control for those in power, but that's just because of people again, not the religion since it implies love and respect for life ..

Religion is as needed as ever, since our society is becoming increasingly nihilistic .. People need something to cling their hopes too, this is as relevant as ever! but I would agree with you, if what you meant was that religion needs to reinvent it self to suit modern society ..

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm not arrogant, just truthful. All the religious people I've met (yes, anecdotal evidence) have been driven by fear of the afterlife.

Also, saying that you cannot disprove something is a HUGE logical fallacy. You cannot prove that leprechauns DON'T exist, or elves, or any other fable. In fact, you cannot disprove the existence of anything, because a ludicrous argument can always wash aside rational thought (Santa does exist because...blahblahblah).

no they were perfect becaust the reversed nature .. and made man feel superior! weak became strong, strong became weak .. those who look after each other are rewarded, while those who sacrifice themselves in pure nature get's nothing but death for it .. you could argue it's a system of control for those in power, but that's just because of people again, not the religion since it implies love and respect for life ..

Religion is as needed as ever, since our society is becoming increasingly nihilistic .. People need something to cling their hopes too, this is as relevant as ever! but I would agree with you, if what you meant was that religion needs to reinvent it self to suit modern society ..

Yes, religions should be more modern. I'm not saying that all people could klve without religion, i mean that we wouldn't die without it, we would survive and go on. that's what is amazing about a human being, we can adjust to almost anything.

In my view a human being is a human being, no one human being is inferior or superior to another human being.  They all suck.

Agreed, you're absolutely right ;)