Dog eat dog.

Make your choice carefully, padawan!  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Make your choice carefully, padawan!

• Anakin Skywalker aka Darth Vader
    • Emperor Palpatine aka Darth Sidious
    • Revan / Darth Revan
    • Exar Kun
    • Yoda
    • Luke Skywalker
    • Obi Wan Kenobi
    • Mace Windu
    • Qui-Gon Jinn
    • Dath Maul

I don't think it was implied that Jacen was the most powerful!

The Force pick him because he was the one with the right mindset to do that task.

Actually, it was. Vergere commented on the fact that he was. And what he accomplished has NEVER been done by a Force user before or after, atleast without them resulting in death. Jacen tapped in to the Force in a way that no one has ever been able to.

Just because it wasn't some lame thing like allowing him to destroy an entire planet by blinking doesn't mean it wasn't an extraordinarily powerful feat in the Force.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

As I said I believe he had the tight mindset.

That said I doubt that he could fight his way to that point as Luke did slightly before if you can remeber.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I don't think it was implied that Jacen was the most powerful!

The Force pick him because he was the one with the right mindset to do that task.

Actually, it was. Vergere commented on the fact that he was. And what he accomplished has NEVER been done by a Force user before or after, atleast without them resulting in death. Jacen tapped in to the Force in a way that no one has ever been able to.

Just because it wasn't some lame thing like allowing him to destroy an entire planet by blinking doesn't mean it wasn't an extraordinarily powerful feat in the Force.

I've read the books, and I think it's safe to say Vergere didn't know all the answers. In fact in the Unifying Force, Luke's final assessment of the Yuuzhan Vong/Force situation was separate from Vergere's, and he admitted to disagreeing.

That said I doubt that he could fight his way to that point as Luke did slightly before if you can remeber.

Again, you mistake "fighting ability" with "most powerful Force user". Luke's ability to fight with a lightsaber is completely different than tapping in to the Force to use it's power. Jacen was able to defeat his adversary without "fighting" him.

But hey, if you disagree with this, then take it up with Lucasbooks. Since they're the ones that implied what Jacen did was such a monumental feat. Personally, I still favor Yoda as the most powerful ever.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

hmmm...the two people i want least to be winning (Kun and Revan) are tied for first...what kind of world do we live in where EU characters are beating canon?  :rolleyes:

The excact same thought was crossing my mind.

I've read the books, and I think it's safe to say Vergere didn't know all the answers.  In fact in the Unifying Force, Luke's final assessment of the Yuuzhan Vong/Force situation was separate from Vergere's, and he admitted to disagreeing.

Yeah, and Luke admitted in the final book that he was WRONG and Vergere's views on the Force were the correct one.

Again, you mistake "fighting ability" with "most powerful Force user". Luke's ability to fight with a lightsaber is completely different than tapping in to the Force to use it's power. Jacen was able to defeat his adversary without "fighting" him.

But hey, if you disagree with this, then take it up with Lucasbooks. Since they're the ones that implied what Jacen did was such a monumental feat. Personally, I still favor Yoda as the most powerful ever.

If you recall it was said in the book that Luke was also one with the Force duting the fightiing. In fact his nephews were impressed and if I remeber it was said that he was glowing light during thaat period. So Jacen afterwards did something similar, but in a different way.

hmmm...the two people i want least to be winning (Kun and Revan) are tied for first...what kind of world do we live in where EU characters are beating canon?  :rolleyes:

The excact same thought was crossing my mind.

Some people might have an agenda, when it comes to this, maybe verifing some characters as more then they actually are

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I've read the books, and I think it's safe to say Vergere didn't know all the answers.  In fact in the Unifying Force, Luke's final assessment of the Yuuzhan Vong/Force situation was separate from Vergere's, and he admitted to disagreeing.

Yeah, and Luke admitted in the final book that he was WRONG and Vergere's views on the Force were the correct one.

That is incorrect. He specifically said he didn't fully agree with Vergere.

If you recall it was said in the book that Luke was also one with the Force duting the fightiing. In fact his nephews were impressed and if I remeber it was said that he was glowing light during thaat period. So Jacen afterwards did something similar, but in a different way.

No he wasn't. You're thinking of an entirely different fight in which Luke was brandishing two lightsabers. In the final book, it would have been impossible for his nephewS (plural) to be impressed, seeing as how Anakin Solo was dead by then and only Jacen and Jaina were in that final battle with him. And both were too busy to even see what Luke was doing.

I really don't think so!

Yes, Luke said that he had a wrong/reduced grasp of the Force, but I recall he said that even Vergere didn't had the full picture.

That is incorrect.  He specifically said he didn't fully agree with Vergere.

No, he didn't. After Jacen's performance he even TOLD the entire Jedi Order that from then on they'd have to view the Force in a different way, no longer necesarily separating LS and DS. I suggest you read it again.

No he wasn't. You're thinking of an entirely different fight in which Luke was brandishing two lightsabers. In the final book, it would have been impossible for his nephewS (plural) to be impressed, seeing as how Anakin Solo was dead by then and only Jacen and Jaina were in that final battle with him. And both were too busy to even see what Luke was doing.

Nephews, Jacen and Jaina were fighting alongside him torwards Shimrra.

Nephews, Jacen and Jaina were fighting alongside him torwards Shimrra.

Jaina's a neice. :rolleyes:

I really hope you'll concede, because I don't feel like typing out EXACTLY what was written during that battle just to prove you're mistaken.

That is incorrect.  He specifically said he didn't fully agree with Vergere.

No, he didn't. After Jacen's performance he even TOLD the entire Jedi Order that from then on they'd have to view the Force in a different way, no longer necesarily separating LS and DS. I suggest you read it again.

He did say that, he also said he didn't fully agree with Vergere either. And don't say "I suggest you read it again", that turns a fun argument into an immature pot-shots and bickering :rolleyes:

He did say that, he also said he didn't fully agree with Vergere either.  And don't say "I suggest you read it again", that turns a fun argument into an immature pot-shots and bickering  :rolleyes:

It wasn't meant as a potshot. Like I said to DSLuke, I'd rather you both re-read the book, since I don't feel like typing out everything in the book to prove my point.

Well if you get the impression after reading the book that Jacen was the most powerful, then there is nothing I can do about it, except saying what I believe.

Under no circumstances I'm saying that Jacen wasn't important, quite the contrary in the NJO. But don't confuse his role with his ability with the Force.

He did say that, he also said he didn't fully agree with Vergere either.  And don't say "I suggest you read it again", that turns a fun argument into an immature pot-shots and bickering  :(

It wasn't meant as a potshot. Like I said to DSLuke, I'd rather you both re-read the book, since I don't feel like typing out everything in the book to prove my point.

Neither do we. :)

Under no circumstances I'm saying that Jacen wasn't important, quite the contrary in the NJO. But don't confuse his role with his ability with the Force.

While I can't necesarily prove he IS the most powerful, I'd suggest there's more evidence backing my case than there is for you to prove he is NOT.

While I can't necesarily prove he IS the most powerful, I'd suggest there's more evidence backing my case than there is for you to prove he is NOT.

Are you sure we have read the same book?

Yeah but facts are facts, Vader and Palpi had lame force powers.

And besides everything is a matter of opinion.

I say that, as for comic character,  3rd place just behind characters from movies seen by billions is still a very good score.

dude it looked like they had lame force powers cuz it was filmed in the 70's, and they didnt have very much funding or CGI back then ao give them a break, besides ppl who write the books have creative liscense. Palpatine and vader/anakin have much more force powers, just watch episode 3 when it comes out. trust me