DS to be harder than LS?

Mess

As you all remember in the first KotOR, being DS was arguably easier than LS. Not only could you gain more credits by being a bully, which helped in Taris where you had little money, (which, IMO, made being DS a real turn-off, but anyway), you could also use Force Storm, Force Choke (which made for some really interesting dialog options), Drain Life, etc. No matter what you do, your LS NPCs will still stick by you.

Now, however, things could be different. Being good to people and droids will probably go well with the majority of your NPCs who are LS. This in turn might help you gain more influence over them. But if you are Dark Side and keep terrorizing that freak of a Bantha along the street, chances are this will not settle to well with your party, possibly losing influence over them as well.

What are your thoughts? Discuss.

you should read the post again!

it said that different people react differently! so some may enjoy the fact that you enforce your power over the weaker ..

and you can manipulate the LS in your party and still keep your alligment! so it just takes more wits to be a "good" bad guy ..

Fortune favors the bald.

I disagree to an extent. Being LS allowed you to get an insane wisdom with certain items (+5 wisdom headband for LS characters only for example) which, combined with a suitable 2/18 whatever/consular meant your force powers were almost unstoppable. Add to this the incredible cheese of destroy droid and it's quite easy to argue LS is easier than DS, except at the opening stage of the game.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

Chaotic Stupid behavior will probably be tougher.

However, an evil character who knows how to manipulate, how to twist their words until they've turned dedicated Jedi companions into black-hearted Sith Lords, is likely to prosper as well as any character.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Chaotic Stupid behavior will probably be tougher.

However, an evil character who knows how to manipulate, how to twist their words until they've turned dedicated Jedi companions into black-hearted Sith Lords, is likely to prosper as well as any character.

Chaotic Stupid Behavior was the DS way in KOTOR, and it sucked. I hope they would be able to allow more manipulation.

Yea, that's always the eternal question. After you conquer the galaxy, what next? You could kill as many people as you want, but that's gonna get boring after a while. Plus, you'd have to deal with all of those annoying uprisings :sorcerer: . Medal's better, that way you can get a sequel :p

If anything I would say that DS will be easier than LS.

It should be.

But it should be less satisfying as well.

Yes, this time around, staying in the Light is supposed to be a real challenge. I guess the thinking is, that you're the lone force of good, holding out against a galaxy full of evil, which would be hard.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Nah, just imagine all the free pie you would get if you saved the manufacturers from the evil pie munching Sith Lords :ph34r:

If your determined then staying nice is easy.... its kinda like telling your girlfriend that she looks gorgeous, even when she sometimes doesnt o:)

Human nature is evil, thats why the DS is so easy to accept and embrace :lol:

Maybe your nature is.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.