K2 Story Bigger Then "I Am Your Father" Moment?

Hi There, :p

Somthing else has come across my mind as I was reading the UK Xbox review for KOTOR 2 it said somthing that the story line will surpose to sur-pass the "I am your father" moment from ESB now don't get me wrong here but the "I am your father" saying was one of the most splendard moments in movie history...It said on one of the web sites on yahoo in the past that the "I am your father" moment came second for cinema history?

Now the UK Xbox magazine said it will sur-pass

"I am your father" moment???

Now how on earth can a game sur-pass "I am your father" moment?

any thoughts guys??

How bout we wait a week and find out!!!!!!!hahaha or just me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway bastilla I love ur posts cuz they are always so random and not important, Im not makin fun of u Im just saying it shows how excited u are about the game, u make a billion threads a day.

Aren't you mad that You must wait till Febuary? Next Monday I will be playing the game on my big HDTV...all day....all night....for days....and days....and I"ll probably beat the game 500 times before you get to play it....yes.....I sense the hate within you...give into your anger....and release it...use your rage as a tool....GIVE INTO THE DARKSIDE!

Anyway bastilla I love ur posts cuz they are always so random and not important, Im not makin fun of u Im just saying it shows how excited u are about the game, u make a billion threads a day.

Aren't you mad that You must wait till Febuary?  Next Monday I will be playing the game on my big HDTV...all day....all night....for days....and days....and I"ll probably beat the game 500 times before you get to play it....yes.....I sense the hate within you...give into your anger....and release it...use your rage as a tool....GIVE INTO THE DARKSIDE!

Thankyou Lord Satasm :lol: yes I am so so so so so excited about the game I am hanging more at obsidian now and posting of what I have learnt about the game..I am also a very very big KOTOR fan and I was very excited to hear that there was gonig to be a sequal to kotor....and form the the info I have read here it makes me even more excited...(I have had dreams about KOTOR though :lol: )

as for you getting the game next monday...you get to play it 500 times before I even get to play it...

*struggles with her emotions lets out all her anger at having to wait till Feburary :devil:

lol :lol:

Thankyou Lord Satasm :lol: yes I am so so so so so excited about the game I am hanging more at obsidian now and posting of what I have learnt about the game..I am also a very very big KOTOR fan and I was very excited to hear that there was gonig to be a sequal to kotor....and form the the info I have read here it makes me even more excited...(I have had dreams about KOTOR though :lol: )

as for you getting the game next monday...you get to play it 500 times before I even get to play it...

*struggles with her emotions lets out all her anger at having to wait till Feburary :lol:

lol    :lol:

Might I suggest a switch to decaf? :devil:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Aren't you mad that You must wait till Febuary?  Next Monday I will be playing the game on my big HDTV...all day....all night....for days....and days....and I"ll probably beat the game 500 times before you get to play it....yes.....I sense the hate within you...give into your anger....and release it...use your rage as a tool....GIVE INTO THE DARKSIDE!

*struggles with her emotions lets out all her anger at having to wait till Feburary :devil:

Yes, feel the Power of the Darkside flow from Within, fueled by your passion, strengthened by your rage and completed with your Power! Your transformation is complete, now join my side in the Darkness, study the DarkSide as my apprentice, and bow to the Glory of the Sith! All Shall Perish who stand in my way and all shall suffer who question my Power!

I hope that we get to that moment of horrorific realization of the truth and be able to say, "So what."

Darth Vader: Luke, I am your father.

Luke: So?

Darth Vader: Come join me.

Luke: Why should I join you? You never came to my birthday parties.

Darth Vader: Well, I... Um, I was busy.

Luke: Yeah, so busy conquering the galaxy that you cannot come to your only son's birthday party?

Darth Vader: Well, I... *growls and cuts off Luke's hand*

Luke: OW! What did you do that for?

Darth Vader: It seemed a good idea at the time.

Luke: Just for that I am going to jump.

Darth Vader: So?

I hope that we get to that moment of horrorific realization of the truth and be able to say, "So what."

Darth Vader:  Luke, I am your father.

Luke:  So?

Darth Vader:  Come join me.

Luke:  Why should I join you?  You never came to my birthday parties.

Darth Vader:  Well, I... Um, I was busy.

Luke: Yeah, so busy conquering the galaxy that you cannot come to your only son's birthday party?

Darth Vader:  Well, I... *growls and cuts off Luke's hand*

Luke:  OW!  What did you do that for?

Darth Vader:  It seemed a good idea at the time.

Luke:  Just for that I am going to jump.

Darth Vader:  So?

hehe

That would be incredibly funny if you had a

"Meh"

"Snort in indifference"

type of option

Then watching the other NPC getting all flustered.

That is what I wanted to do with Malak when they finally told you that you are Revan, but no.  Bioware had to force the player to play his or her character as an ignorant buffoon.

you say you like roleplaying to the letter .. the PC didn't know, so therefore you must play it! :devil:

Fortune favors the bald.

you don't know that!

edit:

nah I agree with you on that issue a character with about int 14-15+ (not wisdom you only need reasoning imo) should've seen it coming (even if the average gamer didn't).. I couldn't resist being stubborn in my arguments, like so many others here! :devil:

Fortune favors the bald.

That is what I wanted to do with Malak when they finally told you that you are Revan, but no.  Bioware had to force the player to play his or her character as an ignorant buffoon.

Terrific idea Hades, but that option should have only been there if your PC had a high wisdom/intelligence. After all, they should reward your character's talents & abilities - not yours. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Damn. I should have read the second page. :lol:

manthing2.jpg

I think the review was hinting at the fact that the 'I am your father' thing made a the original trilogy's story great, and in the reviewers opinion the original trilogy's story wouldn't have been great otherwise.

The suggestion is that Kotor II has an overall better STORY than the original trilogy, not necessarily a better surprise. Whether this will bear out we shall have to see.

The thing is Obsidian have said at times that there will be no plot twist, then they say there are lots of twists, then they say there's A twist, then we get people saying the twist is the best thing since sliced bread. It's all very confusing.

Vader: Give in to your anger, join the darkside!

Luke: You can't tell me what to do, you ain't my father!

Vader: Actually...

*struggles with her emotions lets out all her anger at having to wait till Feburary :p

Yes, feel the Power of the Darkside flow from Within, fueled by your passion, strengthened by your rage and completed with your Power! Your transformation is complete, now join my side in the Darkness, study the DarkSide as my apprentice, and bow to the Glory of the Sith! All Shall Perish who stand in my way and all shall suffer who question my Power!

You don't have the appropriate motive to be the Dark Lord since you have an XBOX and remember that there are a lot of PC Gamers out there who want to smash your xbox and tie your mouth to avoid spoilers :geek:

Forgion that is not a very nice thing to say...I'm sorry but I suggest you take back what you said about "smashing my xbox" by deleting that "insulting post or I'm going to have to report that insulting post!

I'm sorry but I am insulted :(

but I am easy...either change that post or I will have to report the post .

Forgion that is not a very nice thing to say...I'm sorry but I suggest you take back what you said about "smashing my xbox" by deleting that "insulting post or I'm going to have to report that insulting post!

I'm sorry but I am insulted:angry: 

but I am easy...either change that post or I will have to report the post .

Now this is power of Bastila!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.