Designer Rambling: Returning Companions and Levels

It's sad that you're too stubborn to enjoy something that's turning out to be a breath of fresh air, in terms of how NPCs interact and act towards you and within the story, all because of a ruleset that they never said they were going to 100% follow anyways.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Its not sad at all.  Its how I game.

or maybe you are using evil twisted double psychology!! by pointing out all the things you find negative, forcing others to praise the game to provide a opposite argument! and thereby raising their natural love for the game .. oh your good ! :(

Fortune favors the bald.

Yes, because I have certain expectations when I get a game and one of those expectations when I bought KotOR was that I was buying a SW d20 CRPG.

If that's an expectation, I think it's already been violated repeatedly; by the end of the first game, your entire crew was on a par with Yoda and the Emperor, the Jedi Sentinel doesn't exist in D20 Star Wars, and pretty much every Dark Side rule in existence (going from 'tainted' to 'Dark' when your Dark Side points exceed your Wisdom, for example) was chucked aside.

I'm guessing it'll do your sanity a lot more good to just think of the games as being loosely based on D20 with lots and lots of modifications.

Ivan:  Yes that is very impressive but that does not change the game rules mechanics.

At least you agree it's a damned cool feature. Yes, we may have to play as Jedi. Yes, the Designers may have nigh-gleefully ripped apart the D20 Core Rulebook and used its pages for toilet paper....but, all in all, those grievances are secondary next to what seems to be forming up as a solid, story-based RPG.

We'll see in a week, though.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Hades is just so grumpy cuz Obsidian mirrors himself, kinda like how hitler persecuted ppl similar to himself, he's always falling short of his own expectations....I' wouldnt be suprised if he complained that his PC in KOTOR 2 (once he plays it) has problems like getting laid, or keeping it up, and etc.

Hades is just so grumpy cuz Obsidian mirrors himself, kinda like how hitler persecuted ppl similar to himself, he's always falling short of his own expectations....I' wouldnt be suprised if he complained that his PC in KOTOR 2 (once he plays it) has problems like getting laid, or keeping it up, and etc.

Such personal attacks are meaningless and downright rude. If you want to act as a juvenile go somewhere else and let those who have the maturity to have a civil discussion have some peace while doing so.

Tabletop systems are just too complicated and all ecompassing to be completely and accurately transtated to a computer.

You know that Hades, and while I respect your fight to keep having people raise the bar, I think that your fight has turned a little unlrealistic and unfair to a game that you haven't had the chance to experience.

Revan better not have a patchy memory again though, that would be worse than Candy being Mandalore.....

That is why I only wish to see 70% compliance and not 100%.  100% would be downright impossible.  70% however is very possible and has been done in the past.

That's easy for you to say when you've never stated what would reasonably fall within that 30% range.

It seems EVERY divergence they've made from the d20 system, you complain about. I've yet to hear you say "well, that's not in the d20 rules, but that's part of the 30% I'll let go". Sorry to say, but you're expecting a 100% compliance. Atleast based on the fact that you complain about any variations.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hades stfu, I'm 19 years old, so I'll talk **** like a 19 year old.....if you want to talk **** about the game in a "civilised manner or w/e according to ur old age" then thats fine by me, but just deal with it ok...theres young teenagers, little kids, young adults, and old people on these forums so don't tell me how to talk....especially when you have no room to talk, because these forums are for the gamers who are actually excited about this game. To all of us you just come across as an uneducated moron who's mother must have never taught him to "not judge a book by its cover." Or, maybe she did...and you just like to be the outsider or outcast in every situation and go against the grain just to go against the grain, and in that case, I raise my hat to you, but you've got to take resistance to your opinions alittle better than to whine and call me juvanile, especially when u force ur opinions so strongly to everyone....my opinion is....go **** yourself ;-)

Have a nice day

And welcome to the DarkSide, Mother ****er

Nice use of the asterisk, Satasn. I commend you on your ingenious whit. :(

Ghostie, they changed more than 60% of the rules right off in the first KotOR and have shown nothing that they are going to scale that back. If they used more skills, convert the force system as well as the vitality/wound system, and the feat style of the SW d20 game then I probably wouldn't be complaining as much.

Nice use of the asterisk, Satasn.  I commend you on your ingenious whit.  :)

Ghostie, they changed more than 60% of the rules right off in the first KotOR and have shown nothing that they are going to scale that back.  If they used more skills, convert the force system as well as the vitality/wound system, and the feat style of the SW d20 game then I probably wouldn't be complaining as much.

See thats all I want, you to accept me as young and hot headed, then I will accept you as old and cynical with a biast view on life :(

Ghostie, they changed more than 60% of the rules right off in the first KotOR and have shown nothing that they are going to scale that back.  If they used more skills, convert the force system as well as the vitality/wound system, and the feat style of the SW d20 game then I probably wouldn't be complaining as much.

That's fine, but you don't seem to take into account what they've added to the experience. Are you telling me that the fact that NPCs will react to your actions to a greater degree than pretty much ANY game out there isn't a reason to overlook some modifications to the rules? I would have thought the positives they've added would far outweigh any negatives.

That's fine, but you don't seem to take into account what they've added to the experience. Are you telling me that the fact that NPCs will react to your actions to a greater degree than pretty much ANY game out there isn't a reason to overlook some modifications to the rules? I would have thought the positives they've added would far outweigh any negatives.

No, Anakin you're right, the positives FARRRRRRRRRR out weigh the negatives (which I dont even consider negative cuz Im not a HardCore RPG'er like some ppl)

You just can't please Hades so I'd ignore his posts lol...but dont look at my example...I cant walk away from anything

That's fine, but you don't seem to take into account what they've added to the experience.  Are you telling me that the fact that NPCs will react to your actions to a greater degree than pretty much ANY game out there isn't a reason to overlook some modifications to the rules?  I would have thought the positives they've added would far outweigh any negatives.

I look at boththe story aspects and the game rule mechanics equally, for both are important in a CRPG. If they weren't Obsidian might as well just publish KotOR 2 as a novel instead of a CRPG and be done with it.

I really think the Mods are going to wind up locking this thread.

If they ever come back to the forum, that is.

Why? For the most part it's been a discussion. I don't think I've flamed Hades in this thread and vice versa, and neither have 99% of the replies.