KOTOR II: How to Talk Dirty and Influence People

Thanks craftsman. You rock ;)

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Hey I was reading the article and looking at the screens and looky what I found...

check this pic Click the link you will see that defence is a category, where as in the first it was Dex

Uh, it's the same as KOTOR.

If you look at the stats for the character, you will see the first six are attributes and seperated by a bold line is defense and vitality and seperated by a bold line is the fortitude, reflex, and will. This is the same as the original.

EDIT: Just when you try to explain something, a dev steps in and says it first.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

This 'influence' and the apparent detailed dialogue is catching my attention far more than new Force Powers or lightsaber stances. The story and NPC interaction are always what keep me playing multiple times in any RPG, far moreso than any game mechanic or 'feature.'

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

This 'influence' and the apparent detailed dialogue is catching my attention far more than new Force Powers or lightsaber stances. The story and NPC interaction are always what keep me playing multiple times in any RPG, far moreso than any game mechanic or 'feature.'

Ditto.

Which was why I'm more enthusiastic about the game after reading about these new additions like influence and NPC interactions, than when stuff about Force powers were revealed.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Looks like Obsidian has taken the best elements of KOTOR and have improved upon them. What more could we ask for in a sequel? The possibility of a much deeper character development system is the number one thing I would like to see implimented in a KOTOR sequel. The Obsidian team must be psychic. ;)

Most excellent find, I can't wait til this game comes out! I wonder what new force powers that IGN will show us? :D

i can't wait for the review IGN is gonna give out this friday. i predict TSL will get at least a 9.0.

"In the coming days, look for new details on the differences between the Dark and Light Side in KOTOR 2 and a look at some new Force powers. " -IGN

i can't wait to see the new info IGN has in store. hopefully they'll have some new info tomorrow.

Most excellent find, I can't wait til this game comes out! I wonder what new force powers that IGN will show us? :D

i can't wait for the review IGN is gonna give out this friday. i predict TSL will get at least a 9.0.

"In the coming days, look for new details on the differences between the Dark and Light Side in KOTOR 2 and a look at some new Force powers. " -IGN

i can't wait to see the new info IGN has in store. hopefully they'll have some new info tomorrow.

Yea this is some great info here, I hope that IGN has some stuff that has been reported on yet cuz that would be really handy! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

Indeed. Pity that the PC game won't be available for the holidays. I'll have to feed off of the second, or third,-hand rumors and details from XBox users until then.

Looks like Obsidian has taken the best elements of KOTOR and have improved upon them.  What more could we ask for in a sequel?  The possibility of a much deeper character development system is the number one thing I would like to see implimented in a KOTOR sequel.  The Obsidian team must be psychic. :blink:

They also took the worse aspects, the munchkinized force classes, and increased them threefold. From 3 Munchkin classes we now have 9 with little variance in gameplay. That is most definitely on the road of making the game worse.

Indeed. Pity that the PC game won't be available for the holidays. I'll have to feed off of the second, or third,-hand rumors and details from XBox users until then.

Hypothetically, it

Hey I was reading the article and looking at the screens and looky what I found...

check this pic Click the link you will see that defence is a category, where as in the first it was Dex

Defense is your base AC (armor class). Dexterity is still there.

star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords-20041118110210690.jpg

:p

I'm slightly dissapointed with the new stat layout - it's all muddled up now. It was so much better keeping the main stats away from the saving throws & hp/ac stats. At the very least, smaller font size should have been used to differentiate between the former and the latter. :p

manthing2.jpg

Going by how KotOR handled the Force classes and how the Force classes are like in the Star Wars d20 game, the classes by default are munchkin classes. You can make the game challenging for force users and make everyone else die quickly or balance the game for everyone else and the Jedi will mop the floor.

The very nature at the Jedi core is mucnkin gameplay.