Bao-Dur (Spoilers)

One of the things that peaked my interest most about the UK magazine review was the info provided about the character known as Bao-Dur. The review mentions that he "has an upgradable cyber arm". The picture shown of him is too cool! I like how the top part of his left arm ends above the elbow, with some sort of round device that projects an energy beam. The beam then connects to the lower part of his arm and hand.

I noticed this aspect of him when I downloaded the KOTOR II wallpaper but I never noticed it was his actual arm. I always thought it was a weapon he was holding that projected some sort of light.

That is such an unusual and very clever concept for a character. I'll bet the "upgradable" part means that you can swap out the lower part of his arm with different configurations such as weapons, useful items, stronger arm attachments, etc. Any thoughts on what those upgrades might be?

I also like the part that states "A dark, troubled past has seen him forever wandering the galaxy looking for peace". That one sentence opens up so may possiblities for this character.

Is he a dark side character? What troubles did he have? Is "forever" literally "forever"? Is he immortal? What happened to his arm? How did he lose it? How did he replace it with the cyber arm? Did he replace it himself?

Plus he just looks cool with all of those horns on his head!

At this point I'd have to say that he's my favorite character.

This game is going to be so awesome!

Bao_Dur.bmp

I don't have any answers to your questions but i would like to say that you're very obsevant, i didn't realize it for awhile either. I too would like to know about his arm upgrades bcs he seems very interesting. :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

Well, MCA has already confirmed that NPCs won't constantly torture you with their stories if you don't want to hear them, so I think it's safe to assume we won't be getting a a whiner out of this guy. If it is actually up to the player to dig out his 'secrets', he might prove to be a most interesting character.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

There is a possibility that he is using the lightsaber technology in his cybernetic arm. Because he is a good technician and he will you help to construct and upgrade your lightsaber. Maybe he has lost his arm from a lightsaber attack, is there any spoiler saying this?

There is a possibility that he is using the lightsaber technology in his cybernetic arm

That is a very good point! You may have nailed it!

When I look at the picture of him on my wallpaper it certainly looks as if the beam of light could be the type of light used in a lightsaber. I never thought of that before! I have not heard of a spoiler saying how he lost his arm. That would be ironic if he lost his arm due to a lightsaber attack and then turned around and used that technology to benefit himself. And I could so see that! That would be very "Star Warsy"!

This is so much fun! I love bouncing all of these ideas around. It gives me something to do that is KOTOR II related until the actual game comes out!

but i would like to say that you're very observant,

Thanks for the compliment!

I don't have any answers to your questions

I am actually looking for your thoughts/theories and not necessarily answers. I thought it would be fun to brainstorm about this guy and then compare our guesses to the actual game once we play it.

so I think it's safe to assume we won't be getting a a whiner out of this guy

You're right there! He definately does NOT look like a whiner! I'm betting this guy is tough, with maybe a bit of an attitude, too. I hope so, because HK and Canderous are my favorites from KOTOR I.

mr brennecke

Pardon my ignorance, but who is he?

the lightsaber technology is a good idea but i dont think hes using the crystals found in lightsabers to make an arm..i think its more like the beams holding the pod racers together

I agree, if he was using lightsaber technology he would cauterize himself. Plus his hand wouldn't stay connected to the rest of his body.

Yes it must be something like the podracing technology.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

ya it doesnt seem like the arm is a saber beam. because wouldnt the beam slice the metal parts of the arm? like Ronil said its more likely the beam Jar Jar got his tongue caught in in Episode 1

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I'm imediately distrustful of creatures with horns, we'll have to see if he gets a chance to show his quality

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'd prefer to have Ragnos in my team. His horns are much bigger.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I am actually looking for your thoughts/theories and not necessarily answers. I thought it would be fun to brainstorm about this guy and then compare our guesses to the actual game once we play it.

I think that he'll prove to be one intresting character, as long as he is not boring (which his story would be pretty hard to be boring if he is unsuccessful at finding peace), and I hope that his upgradeable arm is as much if not more than what we are hoping for, cuz that would add a great element to his character!

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

I think that he'll prove to be one intresting character, as long as he is not boring (which his story would be pretty hard to be boring if he is unsuccessful at finding peace), and I hope that his upgradeable arm is as much if not more than what we are hoping for, cuz that would add a great element to his character!

Yeah, like Bao, give me a "hand" over here! Will ya? ;)

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

His arm can't be made out of lightsaber technology, it cut him. It's probably the same type of technology used in force fields and such.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

i think its more like the beams holding the pod racers together

Ah hah! I forgot about that! Now you're thinking smart! That's why I needed help from ya'll. That would be a great way to make a connection to one of the movies.

If memory serves, we aren't told what those beams on a pod racer are. They're just one of those Star Wars gadgets that is assumed to be common place, I guess.

The only thing about this is that in Ep I the pod beams look more like thin lightning flashes, while Bao-Durs beam looks more like a beam of light.

Very good possibility, though.

I'm imediately distrustful of creatures with horns

Me too! That's what makes this character so great! You've got that element of tension and suspicion right from the get go based on his appearance. But yet we know he helps construct the lightsaber, which is obviously helpful to the PC. So it's as if he could go either way. Which is perfect! That's what you want-a character that you can't pin down immediately!

It's probably the same type of technology used in force fields and such.

Yet another good theory!

khollar, i understand your trying to be positive and encouraging, but i have to say it bothers me when people make comments like " prob a lightsaber beam" etc etc. why would it be a lightsaber beam? why would it be a pod racer/force field beam either? isn't it an arm? so i think it's much safer to assume it's a technology used in limb replacement and prosthetics. not that it's not related to any of the above mentioned tech, but if they don't specifically tell us "A=B" then what does it matter? sorry to all my first post is a vent.....try to do better next time ;)