Treiler for EE ROTK out now!

Jumjalum

http://progressive2.stream.aol.com/newline...dCut_300_dl.mov

or for a larger version

http://progressive2.stream.aol.com/newline...dCut_700_dl.mov

Right-click and save as...

Looks pretty good, I especially look forward to the Saruman and Mordor scenes. Btw this is a brand new 7 minute trailer, not the old one.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Yes very much so, they have the pride of place of my DVD collection and 44.99 is a lot cheaper than I paid for the 3 (although I got statuettes with the first 2 and the third will be signed by Christopher Lee). Whether the EEs are better than the theatrical versions is up for debate but the added stuff is a must for anyone who knows the books well.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

if you've read the books (and if you haven't, dear god, what are you doing on a forum like this?) then the extended editions are always good value because they put in more of the stuff from the books that tended to get left out of the cinematic release because it was extraneous.

in ROTK, for instance, they seem to have restored: the scene with gandalf and sauraman at isengard, the palantir, the crossroads, the houses of healing, the mouth of sauron, etc. if you liked ROTK, how can you pass up the opportunity to see 50 minutes extra footage?

for me, the mouth of sauron sequence was a notable absence from the film because - at that point in the book - it made the final battle seem especially hopeless. from the trailer, it looks like they had some interesting ideas for how the mouth should look...

dumber than a bag of hammers