Why did obsisdian remove all Xbox Live features

I said it from the beging Obsidian the new developer was Lazy as heck, they never in almost 2 years got the light sabers to cast a colored "glow" as they shoudl and they never even bother to give us the ability to have hoods up or down. Ok fine

But the straw that broke the camels back was when six months before Release they remove all Xbox Live functionaility they are so lazy. They could have just used the Originals Implemenatation

This is a sequel a step forward not a steap back and removeing features the originals Live capabilities were fine DLC and auto Updates to fix bugs now no patches or glicth fixes

what a let down I fear this game may hit the dreaded 8.5 score or below.

BBoi Weapon o:)

I don't know what's more foolish:

1. Critiquing an as yet unplayed game for something as specific as the laziness of its implementation

2. Giving Bill Gates $120 a year for an occasional bugfix

I said it from the beging Obsidian the new developer was Lazy as heck, they never in almost 2 years got the light sabers to cast a colored "glow" as they shoudl and they never even bother to give us the ability to have hoods up or down. Ok fine

But the straw that broke the camels back was when six months before Release they remove all Xbox Live functionaility they are so lazy. They could have just used the Originals Implemenatation

This is a sequel a step forward not a steap back and removeing features the originals Live capabilities were fine DLC and auto Updates to fix bugs now no patches or glicth fixes

BBoi Weapon o:)

perhaps if you got your head out of your arse you might see how ignorant you are...

We are having hoods which are in the up position and down position and there is no X-Box live content because lets face it... there isnt going to be anything worthwhile downloading for a CRPG anyway <_<

O yeah, and i forgot to mention....

**whispers** come closer

**whisper more quietly** closer

**whispers** ready for this?

**whispers** pretty much everyone on this forum like obsidian and the way the game is going....

hush hush! :ph34r:

But Obsidian knew thay had a "dealine" from day one, and logic dictates to implement an XboxLive feature(just use the old ones code and update it alittle) its not like all has changed so much.

:lol:

I'm beginning to understand... :-"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Dios mio.

What Obsidian is doing is creating a GAME for you to ENJOY. You're not being FORCED to buy it. Nobody is TYING YOU DOWN and saying "GET KOTOR2 OR MR. SNUGGLES GETS IT!" You don't have to buy it if you don't get your precious X-BOX LIVE. "Oh, I won't be getting some new skins to choose! Boo-hoo!"

If you want to be able to download content off the net, you buy the PC version. People here take the time to do that, and they don't even get paid for it. They do it because it's something that they like to do. Not because they make "big buckz!" off of Obsidian's game. They don't make any money. They're the gamers.

The fact is, your X-Box live was causing problems with KOTOR2. They couldn't get everything done on time if they had included it. And sorry, the consumer does not dictate the release, the publisher dictates that.

If you want a game that updates continually and is less than good because of a most likely rushed release (when it came out, there were no vehicles!): go play Star Wars Galaxies.

Note: I am sorry if this has offended you, but know that everyone else is in the same boat. And when it comes down to it, some new weapons and armour doesn't really dent the story.

Fnord.

BBoi Weapon :lol:

Hahahaha, you're joking, right?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

i really dont care about xbox live (although i would've like to have those two extra crystals in the first game), there's some more feats, force powers, more dialogue options and character involvement, something that you can't get with xbox live. they put all the good stuff in on their first try, don't see anything else that can be added.

and they've already added a lot of stuff that has been requested, i.e. more lightsaber colors and robes. what else more do you want?

just be thankful obsidian didn't remove anything else, like deciding to use a different engine, which would have ruined the game in my opinion.

BBoi Weapon :blink:

You're stupid! :shifty:

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

No we are stuck with  a lame duck "frozen game" No new wepaons items levels nothing.

or even auto Updates and Pathces nada. Too bad for Xbox owners

:shifty: their are new planets & weapons!!

I thnk he means no downloadable eqipment like the last game spnsered!

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

FLAME WAR!!!!!

My god mello out guys, its just his oppinion.  You dont have to agree with it, but you shouldnt bash him for it.  Grow up!

didn't ppl in like 70's say mello? and im grown up :shifty:

• 4 weeks later...

I know this topic is OLD NEWS and everything, REALLY OLD NEWS, but I was reading the current Xbox Magizine and it talks about Downloadable Content. In 'The Verdict Section' of KotOR 2 in issue #40 they talk about the Good (+), Bad (-) and Perplexing (?) parts of the game. The only Perplexing item is:

Xbox Magizine's own words:

"What will the Downloadable Content be?(Rubbing Hands together...)"

I do not own a copy of the game so I cannot check to see if there actually is downloadable content or not, so will someone please tell me in a PM or post it here.

Atleast you used the searce function so I don't have to see craigboy's idiotic comments

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well, not being Live enabled is a huge step backwards for the game and though Obsidian is responsible for the game, so is Lucas Arts. When it comes to the final accountaility both are to blame. Live enabled could have been used to fix the many many problems that the US X-Box version has. Without it those who bought the game would either live withthe problems they are having (if any) or trade up to a second printing if Lucas Arts chooses to do so with the PC and foreign X-Box fixes.

Yeah, it sucks, but the only thing the consumer can do is just not buy the game and hurt Lucas Arts and Obsidian in the pocket book in a vain hope that they will listen.

I'm not sure as to whom was responsible for leaving the Live feature out. I think I remember some dev post saying that since they didn't have enough time to do everything, Live was going to be left out, but LA probably had something to say about it.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.