Why did obsisdian remove all Xbox Live features

I said it from the beging Obsidian the new developer was Lazy as heck, they never in almost 2 years got the light sabers to cast a colored "glow" as they shoudl and they never even bother to give us the ability to have hoods up or down. Ok fine

But the straw that broke the camels back was when six months before Release they remove all Xbox Live functionaility they are so lazy. They could have just used the Originals Implemenatation

This is a sequel a step forward not a steap back and removeing features the originals Live capabilities were fine DLC and auto Updates to fix bugs now no patches or glicth fixes

what a let down I fear this game may hit the dreaded 8.5 score or below.

BBoi Weapon :lol:

so you're basing the game on how they changed it, you haven't even played it yet! and you shouldn't rate a game on the amount of hype or the amount of things that were takin out, you should rate it on how good of a game it played! <_<

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

I said it from the beging Obsidian the new developer was Lazy as heck, they never in almost 2 years got the light sabers to cast a colored "glow" as they shoudl and they never even bother to give us the ability to have hoods up or down. Ok fine

But the straw that broke the camels back was when six months before Release they remove all Xbox Live functionaility they are so lazy. They could have just used the Originals Implemenatation

This is a sequel a step forward not a steap back and removeing features the originals Live capabilities were fine DLC and auto Updates to fix bugs now no patches or glicth fixes

LA wanted atleast one december release and because 80% of KOTOR's sales where from the xbox so Obsidian didcided to finish that first, also Obsidian didn't want to pull a Bioware and decide to add Xbox live content but than leave the game full of bugs and not well polished. Oh ya and don't be such a freaking jackass.

What expectations did you have going in to the industry, and how have they changed?

I have had friends in the industry so I was probably more prepared that the average person coming in fresh. I think the biggest wake-up call was the fact that "**** happens!" and it's not always someone's (or some company's) fault. I used to tear into companies when a game fell short or content had to be cut or I found a bug. But looking at it from the inside, I now understand that there are so many factors and variables that go into making a game that you can never account for everything no matter how much experience you have around the table. I think the hardest thing for some people to get used to is to have their work on the game get cut or not make it in (that's assuming the entire project doesn't get scrapped). It can mean that months of work would have essentially been for nothing and some people can find that hard to take. There are many good reasons it happens, but people can still take it personally and be hurt or offended by it. You just have to grow a pretty thick skin.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

They don't remove it because they are lazy, LA gives them a deadline, and they want to make a good game. I prefer a good game without extra content then a bad game with extar content.

Please, instead of flaming, start thinking!!!

I mean Fable desvrese some ceredit Xbox Live for content downloads new eapons items We get none of that in a sequel no less its supposed to be an improvement not a deprovement

Fables "expresions" are sweet.

And It may or may not fit in KOTOR's world but I would have liked the ability to "Own" Property like a Cantina or a Hover Bike.

Taking a wife I don't care much for.

But rideable creatures and controable ones would have been Nice oh well maybe KOTOR3

:lol:

Oh at least Xbox 2 with its wirles standard Bluetooth controlers and 8o2.11g and Bluetooth right out of the box will be nice, and no need for a built in HD since all save files will go directly to a folder on your PC via WiFi automaticaly KOTOR 3 should PWN all

I mean Fable desvrese some ceredit Xbox Live for content downloads new eapons items We get none of that in a sequel no less its supposed to be an improvement not a deprovement

You mean the AR made by someone who hacked their Xbox!

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Fables "expresions" are sweet.

And It may or may not fit in KOTOR's world but I would have liked the ability to "Own" Property like a Cantina or a Hover Bike.

Taking a wife I don't care much for.

But rideable creatures and controable ones would have been Nice oh well maybe KOTOR3

:wub:

Oh at least Xbox 2 with its wirles standard Bluetooth controlers and 8o2.11g and Bluetooth right out of the box will be nice, and no need for a built in HD since all save files will go directly to a folder on your PC via WiFi automaticaly KOTOR 3 should PWN all

just to let you know fable didn't have downloadable content, it had liveaware witch basically allowed you let your friends online let them know you were playing fable. the downloadaable content was AR designed by a group of ppl!

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

BBoi Weapon :wub:

Why do you even post here? Every single post of yours has been the exact same thing. We heard you the first time. Goodbye.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ok fine they had a deadline from Lucas Arts but you guys use that almost as excuse to stick up for Obsidian maybe rightfully so.

But Obsidian knew thay had a "dealine" from day one, and logic dictates to implement an XboxLive feature(just use the old ones code and update it alittle) its not like all has changed so much.

Because no matter if you decide to drop Xbox live functinality to devote more time, and give us "a better game" excuse cough cough don't fall for it.

They should have secured Xbox Live from day one because Bugs and major glitches are bound to come up its Murphy's LAw.

No we are stuck with a lame duck "frozen game" No new wepaons items levels nothing.

or even auto Updates and Pathces nada. Too bad for Xbox owners

I'm so mad I may just shell out $299 for a huge powerfull Video Card so a least Via PC we can get much needed Patches and Bug fixes

BBoi Weapon :wub:

if you were the rulerof the world we would be scwed of sure

Ok fine they had a deadline from Lucas Arts but you guys use that almost as excuse to stick up for Obsidian maybe rightfully so.

But Obsidian knew thay had a "dealine" from day one, and logic dictates to implement an XboxLive feature(just use the old ones code and update it alittle) its not like all has changed so much.

Because no matter if you decide to drop Xbox live functinality to devote more time, and give us "a better game" excuse cough cough don't fall for it.

They should have secured Xbox Live from day one because Bugs and major glitches are bound to come up its Murphy's LAw.

No we are stuck with  a lame duck "frozen game" No new wepaons items levels nothing.

I'm so mad I may just shell out $299 for a huge powerfull Video Card so a least Via PC we can get much needed Patches and Bug fixes

yes this almighty game will suck for you, but not for me I dont worry about smiple little things like this

No we are stuck with  a lame duck "frozen game" No new wepaons items levels nothing.

Stop talkin badly at him, he is willing to be turned away from the xbox side....we should encourage him.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Stop talkin badly at him, he is willing to be turned away from the xbox side....we should encourage him.

Nah, he just enjoys bitching about the exact same thing. Read his post history. It's basically "blah blah blah Obsidian sucks, KOTOR now sucks because they are lazy".

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Nah, he just enjoys bitching about the exact same thing. Read his post history. It's basically "blah blah blah Obsidian sucks, KOTOR now sucks because they are lazy".

who me?

No they didn't, in April they got assigned a deadline and it was Feburay not Decmber. Oh ya, you also don't know **** about making a game.

o:)

No they didn't, in April they got assigned a deadline and it was Feburay not Decmber. Oh ya, you also don't know **** about making a game.

go easy on him just because he is slower than you does not mean you can be mean to him

Well he doesn't look all that different to Hades One.

Hades' concerns are usually legitimate. He just tends to carry on a lot.

This guy hasn't posted a legitimate topic in his entire 36 (or whatever) post history.

Out of curiousity, JediMafia, where the heck are you at? If the reqs are still not that different from KotOR II, I'll just keep my GeForce FX5600 to play with. And that only cost $130 for a 256MB, clear back 10 months ago. I'm sure with the 6 series out, it's probably dropped further.