TSL -- The TV Commercial

Well HALO 2 didn't have a money limite, i see a commercial for it every 5 seconds, GT:SA had a bigass budget and i see commericials for it every 5 minutes and with MP i see ads for it on the web non-stop. I think it has to do with the game's budget.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

The K1 TV commercial was brilliant - I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, with 7 days left, I don't think we're going to get a TV ad this time around...well perhaps not until the PC release. But given that the vast majority of KotoR sales were on the XBox and not PC, LA is shooting themselves in the foot!

Hmm a pity I have never seen this commercial.

I wonder where I could get it? Maybe there's some site with TV commercials to download

Try here http://www.gametrailers.com/

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

The K1 TV commercial was brilliant - I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, with 7 days left, I don't think we're going to get a TV ad this time around...well perhaps not until the PC release. But given that the vast majority of KotoR sales were on the XBox and not PC, LA is shooting themselves in the foot!

perhaps if it is up to Lucasarts they are a bit distracted this year/next year something to do with a little unknown film called revenge of the sith ;)

In the end it doesn't matter because I'm buying it anyway, comercial or no, but the more copies it seels, the better the chance that we'll get a kotor 3 so...Lucasarts you fools! Roll out the subliminal advertising! ;)

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

I wonder where I could get it? Maybe there's some site with TV commercials to download

Thanks Pal! I owe you something now!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Ahh...but the PC movie trailers were completely different from the TV commercial. ;)

manthing2.jpg

The other day I contacted Lucasarts to see if I could get 3 copies of TSL to give away in a contest. The representative I talked to said that they aren't doing any contest with TSL cause TSL is one of their more popular games and they rather get those extra sells rather then just give them away. They did however offer to give me 3 copies of Republic Commando when that comes out though.

Well later on I goto Gamespot.com and TSL is not in the top 10 of overall games. Funny cause when there was less then 14 days before the KOTOR release KOTOR was the #1 overall game on GS.com. Hold on there is a point I'm getting to here. Then I head to Gamespot: Xbox to see where TSL stands....it isn't even in the top 3 infact it is #4.

The point I'm trying to get to is....TSL is supposed to be LA's more popular games but yet they aren't giving it the treatment that a more popular game would get. When I say that I mean advertising and marketing. 40 days before KOTOR came out I could walk into Babbages and see KOTOR posters **** like that here we are with less then 10 days before TSL comes out and I don't see that when I goto Babbages. Less then 10 days before KOTOR came out the KOTOR TV commercials was hitting peoples living rooms with TSL there has yet to be a single TV commercial.

My point is either Obsidian or LucasArts or both is assuming that just cause TSL is a sequel to a game that one over 150 awards, they don't have to put as much as money to advertise like how they did with KOTOR. They are probably believing that the Knights of the Old Republic name alone would sell the game. Well I hope Obsidian or LA comes down from their dream clouds and look at reality cause that isn't going to happen. Normally more marketing is put into the sequels that goes with videogames and movies. LA should be throwing it into peoples faces that KOTOR is back and better then ever. They should be making it known but they aren't.

TSL is my most anticipated games of 2004. Hell it is my most anticipated games since KOTOR and that came out in July of 2003. But I must say from a standpoint that TSL isn't going to sell like KOTOR did and probably won't win 1/4 of the awards KOTOR did. Thats just being realistic.

When it is all said and done, Obsidian or either LucasArts should have marketed TSL way better. Cause what they are doing now is just sad.

I agree Tyrell I had mentioned this before. Bioware did a lot more to promote their games with the fans. The multipule trailers & game footage with multiple character wallpapers. They got advertising here in Canada by having commercials on TV and in the movie theatre. These all helped genreate buzz for the game and I just hate not seeing this game get it due promotion-wize. I know over-promotion can create high expectations & I know that giving people too much too soon kill interest for a product but I still feel that TSL is being under-promoted & for such a high profile game that is really too bad.

if they dont make kotor 3 i will be so pissed. i mean, when kotor 1 came out. i was like star wars is kinda gay. but when i rented kotor 1, OMG!!! IT WAS THE BEST ****ING GAME EVER!!!!!!! and i joined hyperspace and everything! if they advertise kotor 2 a little more it may go along way!

Something being Star Wars sort of has its own built in commercial, I don't know anything that has such a built in fan base, I mean its like those EU books, people buy them no matter what just because they say Star Wars, the same goes for games, the advantage is that KOTOR was great, and I have little doubt this one will even be much better

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I agree, I just showed interest in KOTOR simply because it was writting Star Wars in front. I didn't even knew anything about that game until November last year.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

... And that's true devotion of a true fan!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.