Spoilers

Kazic

Now, I'm a PC'er, so this doesn't affect, but I do the big name stores have less manners than the more dedicated game stores. (EB Games, Funcoland, Gamestop), when it comes to games. I have experienced up to 4 day delays or early releases from big name stores, who aren't dedicated to gaming, (WalMart, Target, KMart). It just happens.

And that is the same reason store like EB would not put a game on the shelf prior to the release date, but a chain like Wally World would. The wage slaves at Walmart just grab a box and whatever is in it, so long as it is the right type of item, goes on the shelf. HL2 was on the shelf 2 days prior to the release date at the Walmart in my town, and with one of those goofy "Just Reduced" labels on it.

Now, I'm a PC'er, so this doesn't affect, but I do the big name stores have less manners than the more dedicated game stores. (EB Games, Funcoland, Gamestop), when it comes to games. I have experienced up to 4 day delays or early releases from big name stores, who aren't dedicated to gaming, (WalMart, Target, KMart). It just happens.

And that is the same reason store like EB would not put a game on the shelf prior to the release date, but a chain like Wally World would. The wage slaves at Walmart just grab a box and whatever is in it, so long as it is the right type of item, goes on the shelf. HL2 was on the shelf 2 days prior to the release date at the Walmart in my town, and with one of those goofy "Just Reduced" labels on it.

Yeah, I don't have much respect for big chain stores when they pull off stuff like that. It seems to me that they pull off this kinda things, because they won't get punished by it.

Yeah, I don't have much respect for big chain stores when they pull off stuff like that. It seems to me that they pull off this kinda things, because they won't get punished by it.

The thing is that even if they do get hit with a fine from the publisher for putting a game out on the shelf early it would barely even show up on their end of the year buget outlook.

Put on dat sexy voice :thumbsup:

Haha, will do. Does that really work? :o

Not only does it work, it really works.

Especially coming from a lovely sweet creamy caramel like Kazic.

Bad Gandalf! Stop eating Kazic!

Oh man...

I'll second that Jag!

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

The thing is that even if they do get hit with a fine from the publisher for putting a game out on the shelf early it would barely even show up on their end of the year buget outlook.

Ya man, those giant retailers would pay off the fine with their bellybutton lint.

*sigh* tried target and they're busy! HOW is a target busy?!

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tried super target. They hadn't even heard of the game. *sigh*

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Nope Jedi. Apparently all the people who work in the stores around here can read, so they haven't put TSL on the shelves early, save for that one wal mart that is sold out.

I'm going to check and see if EB is shipping tommrrow. I think I'll disapear tommorrow. I don't want to be spoiled lol.

Right.

I know right lol. I want it as soon as possible. I preordered it though, so it'll come the 6th or the 7th. I still don't know wether it's supposed to arrive or ship on the 6th.

I'm supposed to get a confrimation email when they send it so I'll tell ya'll when I get it.