Spoilers

Kazic

I think the references to battle scars was in the context of returning characters from the first game.

Since Kriea's xp bonus gains an upgrade at 7th level it seems likely that she starts off at less than 7th level. Since she doesn't join the PC when first encontered, but a little bit later she is probably about 4th-5th level at the start (Carth began at 4th level). Atton is probably 2nd-3rd level at the start.

Loosing a hand later in the game could be a way of making her a bit less uber and encoraging the PC to take a non-Force character instead.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Seems the Darkside gonna be harder to resist in Kotor2 than in Kotor1, seems at some point in the game your given the choice of resisting the darkside or getting powerful artifact and powers you wouldnt normally gain.

I think i am feeling the Dark side Grow in me :D

I've heard a lot of people joking about how Kreia might cut off her own hand:

IMO, that would be TOO reminiscent of the movies.

very true but its the only thing I could think that would account for the error other than someone else (more than likely Sion) taking her hand. Or who knows maybe she hasn't used a saber in so long that the first time she uses one she cuts her own hand off.

I would really hope that a jedi no matter how old, wouldn't cut off there own hand

Actually I was looking through something the other day(given all the talk of lightsaber forms) and found this:

Cut off weapon hand (cho mai)

Cho mai immediately makes that the opponent can no longer use his weapon, but does not kill him. It is a preferred Jedi move. The precision of cutting off only a hand is considered the mark of a superior lightsaber master.

Many Jedi stop at this mark, not willing to kill their opponent.

Fighting Styles I don't know if this is a possibility or not, but I thought Id throw in my two cents.

On another topic, someone mentioned earlier how Atton's profile said he would surprise gamers at the end. Well, the conspiracy has him seeming very self-serving. What if he is supposed to protect you or watch over you somehow? Perhaps in the end game he becomes very selfless? That would surprise me a little.

No, I don't think so. In one article, it was mentioned that those characters who do do cameos in the game won't be level 20 and they'll have a reason for it (like recieving a war wound or something) so maybe early on kreia is powerful (to make your 1st "planet" easier) and then after that fight with sion she loses her hand to make you rely on your player's abilities more (not intentionally, it's done as difficulty curve thing).

Any thoughts on that? And what do ya'll think about the darkside ign article?

It sound like there's going to be alot of characters with severed limbs and such, kind of weird. We need some mindless speculation on what injuries who has and why.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

What about Kreia's agenda? We keep wondering about her past....what about her present/future? It's been listed that she liked:

Kreia, the mystical old woman who acts as mentor from the earliest moments of KOTOR 2, is not initially inspired by talk of good or evil. Instead, Kreia is impressed by your ability to control a situation, to manipulate or negotiate your way into a position of control, so that you avoid a weak position in any conflict.

So if she wants someone who can be in control, and is trying to influence you to be controlling, might it be that she is looking for someone powerful to manipulate into doing her will? (Whatever that may be?)

"The elderly mentor Kreia forms a powerful telepathic bond with the player, determined to help him rediscover the ways of the Force. She is, in fact, quite willing to sacrifice herself if it means the player will survive and reconnect with his teachings."

Why you? Why is the Exile so important? Kreia treats him like he's the only one who can save the galaxy. He's not Revan, what's the deal?

"You shall not pass!"

post-5673-1102001421_thumb.jpg post-5673-1102001464_thumb.jpg

Think these 2 pictures would strongly surgest Dxun/Onderon is either the last planet or one of them.

Which could lead me to believe that Exar Kun or Qel Droma somehow has something to do with all despite Exar Kun is dead and who knows about Qel Droma. :lol:"

I think you go there once, do some quest, then have to flee and come back.

After all, Handmaiden stows away when you leave Onderon.

I bet that picture is of "the Exile's triumphant return to Onderon to save the day (or seize it)."

Well, the info about you being fully corrupted to Darkside at ancient temple and having your prestige do surgest it one of the last places, also it is where Freedon Nadd's spectre was before Exar Kun took it inside him and eventually killed Freedon, so one cant help but wonder what secret the ancient Temple holds.

Edit: if i remember right correct me if i am wrong :D

"The elderly mentor Kreia forms a powerful telepathic bond with the player, determined to help him rediscover the ways of the Force. She is, in fact, quite willing to sacrifice herself if it means the player will survive and reconnect with his teachings."

Why you? Why is the Exile so important? Kreia treats him like he's the only one who can save the galaxy. He's not Revan, what's the deal?

Well, let's examine it: She/He's not Revan, or any other powerful character we know. So (s)he has something unique about him/her. I guess part of it would be in the reason (s)he was Exiled, and what (s)he was doing before that. What do we know about the PC's history? What would be reasons for exile? Going against the Council? Why would the PC do that? *frustrated* Hard to tell.

Well, let's examine it: She/He's not Revan, or any other powerful character we know. So (s)he has something unique about him/her. I guess part of it would be in the reason (s)he was Exiled, and what (s)he was doing before that. What do we know about the PC's history? What would be reasons for exile? Going against the Council? Why would the PC do that? *frustrated* Hard to tell.

My guess is it is Aleema that somehow dident die think age might fit if Revan Era dident take place long after Exar's Fall.

Edit: If so you likely Qel Droma spirit manifestion and Sion Aleema's brother, a far of guess but who knows would explain why Dxun might be last world.

post-5673-1102001421_thumb.jpg post-5673-1102001464_thumb.jpg

Think these 2 pictures would strongly surgest Dxun/Onderon is either the last planet or one of them.

Which could lead me to believe that Exar Kun or Qel Droma somehow has something to do with all despite Exar Kun is dead and who knows about Qel Droma. :lol:"

Since Exar Kun's spirit is on Yavin 4 in the EU, and Ulic Qel Droma died severed from the force(still don't know how the hell that would happen) I doubt they have anything directly to do with anything, but perhaps some knowledge they left behind? who knows?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

That sounds like a very good and interesting theory.......

Who's Allema? :lol:

One of the Sith Krath who supposedly was to have died along with her brother using some sith weapon of destruction, she was Qel Droma's new lover or partner at least after he left Nomi Sunrider to join the Dark side.

It would fit the theory why she is interesting in you if are imbued with Qel Droma's spirit, also one thing funny about Qel Droma is he was stripped off his force powers like Your Pc by Nomi sunrider for killing his brother.

Hmm, that's seems to be a stretch though it is possible and would be interesting  :-"

Though I think he was just exiled because of his involvement in the Mandalorian Wars, joining with Revan despite the warnings of the Council.

Well, normally, I would agree. However, given this "Paranoid" feeling that is overshadowing the game, what with hidden agendas and promises of great surprises, Im trying to think of things that I normally wouldn't assume so as to make a better guess.

Its going to be interesting to see how they craft a story at this time without upsetting the characters and events of the EU. The first game really seemed only to make mention of the events of the EU and not *meddle* in any of the places that were really important at the time. I wonder exactually how much licence they've been given to use the characters from those comics.

There's several really cool videos on IGN from the game.

There's one on the Harbinger, right after Peragus II. It's the Exile, Kreia, and Atton confronted by Darth Sion. Kreia takes him on alone while Atton and the Exile run.

(Maybe that's where she loses a hand. It's still pretty early in the game.)

Man, I want KOTOR2 BADLY!

"You shall not pass!"

Actually, to quote myself:

Actually I was looking through something the other day(given all the talk of lightsaber forms) and found this:

Cut off weapon hand (cho mai)

Cho mai immediately makes that the opponent can no longer use his weapon, but does not kill him. It is a preferred Jedi move. The precision of cutting off only a hand is considered the mark of a superior lightsaber master.

Many Jedi stop at this mark, not willing to kill their opponent.

Fighting Styles

I don't know if this is a possibility or not, but I thought Id throw in my two cents.

There are datalogs on board the Harbinger that your character accesses in one of the IGN movies. The Harbinger (when still Republic controlled) apparently discovered the Ebon Hawk and changed course for Onderon on discovering its mission. Maybe that's why you go to Onderon the first time. I anticpate that Peragus fulfills the role that Taris played in KOTOR, and Onderon is the new Dantooine for you to flee to.

"You shall not pass!"