Spoilers

Kazic

Yeah, the PC is holding the reb saber, Malak is holding the purple saber...

No, look carefully. In the PC's right hand is the BLUE saber, and the PC's left hand is the PURPLE saber. Malak is using his traditional RED saber with both hands. :-

EDIT: And he's just hit the PC for 12 damage, mind you. :ph34r:

manthing2.jpg

Hmm. They did imply "I am your father" would look childsplay compared to TSL's take - there might be something to this Malak thing.  :ph34r:

They also did their level best to avoid spoiling the 'big twist' in the review, which would be pretty pointless if they posted a picture which shows what the twist is. It would be like posting a picture of the cutscene showing Revan removing his mask in a review for the first game.

I'm sticking to my theory that it's something inconsequential; a hallucination, an illusion, a training exercise, or something other than your character suddenly finding himself surrounded by Jedi who shouldn't be alive and a Dark Lord of the Sith who pretty clearly met his end in the first game.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Hmm. They did imply "I am your father" would look childsplay compared to TSL's take - there might be something to this Malak thing.  :ph34r:

They also did their level best to avoid spoiling the 'big twist' in the review, which would be pretty pointless if they posted a picture which shows what the twist is. It would be like posting a picture of the cutscene showing Revan removing his mask in a review for the first game.

I'm sticking to my theory that it's something inconsequential; a hallucination, an illusion, a training exercise, or something other than your character suddenly finding himself surrounded by Jedi who shouldn't be alive and a Dark Lord of the Sith who pretty clearly met his end in the first game.

Either way, it's playable (such as a playable flashback), as the PC has just taken 12 damage. That hardly strikes me as "inconsequential". :-

manthing2.jpg

So i am your brother is out of question? But if what you say is true then it still adds together with Revan since many of the old party member will be cameo's.

But i doubt its to much in with prior Kotor1 less the make a walk through memory lane with kotor1, otherwise people who havent played kotor1 would be lost in plot, if its linked alot to Kotor1 plot

Either way, it's playable (such as a playable flashback), as the PC has just taken 12 damage.  That hardly strikes me as "inconsequential".  ;)

Don't you think 12 damage is not that much, considering that it comes from Malak? Malak would do like 40 damage or something to my PC in Kotor

You misunderstand. I'm retorting Ivan's statement that the scene is of little consequence to the spoiler aspect of the story. The damage referral was indicative of the scene's playability - thus supporting further evidence of importance. :(

manthing2.jpg

Maybe you were captured on Dantoine Along with some of those Darth Malak used as force tanks, just might been put a different place and somehow god knows how managed to escape starforge Destruction.

Think making the Matrix over would fall down the drain, but its however not unlikely the two Revan and Pc have a linked past if you even have to meet Revan.

You misunderstand. I'm retorting Ivan's statement that the scene is of little consequence to the spoiler aspect of the story.  The damage referral was indicative of the scene's playability - thus supporting further evidence of importance.  :(

What I meant was: In what kind of situation would Malak do only 12 damage to you? either you are highlevel, or he is lowlevel.... If you know what I mean ;)

Just an wierd idea out of the blue,  but thinking back at some other screenies, there was a few that had to do with a tomb and you surviving some darkside energy i belive ::muses:: Could it not be that this 'flashback' is the effect of the said energies, it affecting you diffrently depending on what you do?  :(

You mean something similar to the vision Luke had inside the cave at Dagobah?

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Well, what are the only possibilities for a lightside Malak to be present 5 years after his death?

Some Ideas:

1. Inconsistency w/ prequel -- Malak is redeemed and fixed up.

2. Clone -- Star Wars is fond of clones; easily possible.

3. Survival -- Malak somehow survived the Star Forge's destruction and force healed?

4. Hallucination -- Malak is not there, it's a Force Hallucination.

5. Droid -- It's an assassin droid gussied up like Malak.

6. Shapeshifter -- It's an alien who changes to look like Malak, thus only 12 damage.

Anyway, there's a few thoughts. I'm still confused, though.

"You shall not pass!"

Well, what are the only possibilities for a lightside Malak to be present 5 years after his death?

Some Ideas:

3. Survival -- Malak somehow survived the Star Forge's destruction and force healed?

6. Shapeshifter -- It's an alien who changes to look like Malak, thus only 12 damage.

Good analysis on your part.

But I think the developers have us on this one. I won't be an easy guess.

Some Ideas:

Good analysis on your part.

But I think the developers have us on this one. I won't be an easy guess.

I expect they're grinning like the cat who caught the canary at our crazed guesses. :(

I'm sure it's been stated somewhere that flashbacks and so forth were out of the question in KOTOR II as specified by LucasArts.

..in fact, I'm 99% positive...perhaps a Dev could shed light on that one for us, but something tells me the explanation for this screenshot MUST be a simple one, otherwise they wouldn't spill such a HUGE spoiler like that in an OFFICIAL magazine.

....me thinks we're being led astray somehow....

EDIT:

Will I see any old characters from the first game?

Yes. most old characters from the old game will be seen/mentioned if either alive or dead. However don

Well the game has to be good when one of the few things they can complain about is that there is lack of a planet from the movies! That is a very good sign to me :D

Usually it is the other way round.

Ahhhh, not that planter again [hint: Tatoine]

Hey everybody I'm back. Malak is holding the red saber and these are most certainly NOT force ghosts.

As for what they are...haven't a clue. Perhaps it's some force sensitive Sith camoflaguing themselves with the force to look like people from the PC's past.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi