What's wrong with Carth?

My only problem with Carth was he kept trying to force a point, sometimes at the most inopportune times. I'd be running along and he'd pull me up short with that dialogue screen saying "... Carth looks like he needs to say something. Maybe you should talk to him" (or something like that). That in itself wouldn't be so bad, but he kept bringing up that trust issue of his. I thought I'd settled it the first couple of times. After awhile I just ignored that pop-up dialogue, but it kept coming back!

I kept thinking, "look Carth, I know you've got trust issues, but this isn't the time to go over them for the umpteenth time! You do what you feel you have to, that's all anyone here is gonna expect you to do." He certainly wasn't being stoic about it (like I'd expect any other veteran soldier to be). It got to the point where it seemed he wanted my PC to admit that he was willing to trust Carth. He gave me the impression of being overly "clingy", maybe that's why a lot of individuals are calling into question his masculinity *shrugs*.

First it seems he wants to reach out by talking, and then he pulls back and mopes. I came to the conclusion (however mistaken it may have been) that he was one confused little man :ermm: . Of course, when KotOR was said and done, it ended up that my PC was the one suffering from an identity crisis, and Carth was actually closer to the mark with his comments than I originally thought. :ph34r:

Carth whinned like a little girl too much. It's a shame you can't kick people out of your group.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Actually that is a point in his favor. You see, staying to fight a battle you can't win and that serves no purpose whatsoever, only proves how dumb you are and how much you deserve to die.

That's not it what I meant, the point was that he ran and left mission! Even if is was a doomed battle he could of stood up and been a man to protect her. He was a freaking war hero for crying out loud.

Carth was good for the first 20 or so playthroughs but his constent whining really got on my nerves after that. As for Dustil I never had much problem with him since he didn't really seem as annoying as Carth.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Carth was good for the first 20 or so playthroughs but his constent whining really got on my nerves after that. As for Dustil I never had much problem with him since he didn't really seem as annoying as Carth.

How can you find Dustil????

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

That's not it what I meant, the point was that he ran and left mission!  Even if is was a doomed battle he could of stood up and been a man to protect her.  He was a freaking war hero for crying out loud.

Carth abandoned Mission! :blink: The knave! :angry:

I'm glad I didn't try out that part, otherwise I would have been tempted to try and hunt the craven coward down. :lol:

Dustil was unlikeable because his story made no sense. How the hell do you spend even five minutes on Korriban without figuring out that the Sith are evil? Does anyone really need a little datapad to reveal that using Force Lightning on civilians, starving people to death for entertainment, and having Republic prisoners of war as target practice is morally questionable stuff?

His story (and that of so many others at the Korriban Academy) reminded me of an old episode of G.I. Joe where a good guy switched sides and joined Cobra only to realize that, golly, the bad guys aren't nice people! Who'd have thought the Dark Side of the Force wasn't nice!? It boggles the mind!

Talk with Carth every once in awhile, go to Korriban as one of your last two planets, and take Carth with you on occasion when stepping out on the landing ports of different planets (except Korriban.) Eventually, he'll be confronted by an old war buddy who tells him Dustil is still alive and has joined the Sith.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

His story (and that of so many others at the Korriban Academy) reminded me of an old episode of G.I. Joe where a good guy switched sides and joined Cobra only to realize that, golly, the bad guys aren't nice people! Who'd have thought the Dark Side of the Force wasn't nice!? It boggles the mind!

:p , that show back in the days, ranked right up there with the Original Transformers series (or maybe it was just that there was nothing else on at the time). Now, you couldn't strap me down to watch the Old GI Joe cartoons! (the Original Transformers is still okay ... )

[Edit: that reminds me, there were a whole load of cartoons back then, among them was the Star Wars: Droids cartoon, which I remember being notable because of a cameo appearance of Boba Fett :) . I haven't seen any of these new Clone Wars cartoons yet. Makes me wonder if a KotOR TV series would be in the works]

And then I suppose you can save him or kill him???

Yep. That's pretty much what it amounts to. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: , that show back in the days, ranked right up there with the Original Transformers series (or maybe it was just that there was nothing else on at the time). Now, you couldn't strap me down to watch the Old GI Joe cartoons!

It would be alright if it weren't for the fact that no one gets killed. Ever.

It's a show glorifying the military in which every plane shot down is inevitably accompanied by a parachute opening, and every gunfight ends with the bad guys surrendering without losing a man. Laser shots (not bullets) always miss their targets, and the most that's ever accomplished is the bad guys leaving the scene of their latest failed evil plan swearing they'll get revenge.

Coming from an era where video games compete in thinking of new and more gruesome ways for your enemies to die, it's a frustrating show to watch. :lol:

Dustil was unlikeable because his story made no sense. How the hell do you spend even five minutes on Korriban without figuring out that the Sith are evil? Does anyone really need a little datapad to reveal that using Force Lightning on civilians, starving people to death for entertainment, and having Republic prisoners of war as target practice is morally questionable stuff?

Talk with Carth every once in awhile, go to Korriban as one of your last two planets, and take Carth with you on occasion when stepping out on the landing ports of different planets (except Korriban.) Eventually, he'll be confronted by an old war buddy who tells him Dustil is still alive and has joined the Sith.

Because the sith wrap their evilness in a social darwinian philosophy that someone looking for excuses would buy into-i.e. if the sith allowed the weak to live, then the sith might one day be populated exclusively by the weak.

Some rightist thinkers justify changes to the tax code on this rationale-if you are born rich, you deserve beneficial tretment since you posess genetic similarities to those who proved their worth to society by becoming rich in the first place and are more likely to follow in their footsteps and produce regardless of what has been shown in the first place.

I don't understand; while I never liked them, and they were always whining, I never disliked them at all They were a bit annoying at times, but were bearable. What's the issue?  :thumbsup:

None of the characters annoyed me. I guess some people just take things too seriously and find every little thing in a character to annoy them.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy some NPCs more than others, but as a whole I don't dislike or get annoyed by any of them either.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well.. Mission annoyed me... Why, you ask? No 15 year old jail bait alien should be that HOT looking to an old geezer almost twice her age!

That's very annoying as it annoyingly gave me the willies when evil thoguhts crossed my mind! :lol::thumbsup: :"> <>

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

hahaahaha oh man, did you actually run through the entire game or something? Aren't you the same person who never found the rakghoul cure? Did you miss the part about the PC being Revan as well? :thumbsup:" :D

Just teasing. :lol:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I have to agree with carths whining being the biggest problem, and probably his whole military optimistic attitude towards the republic. He should of been the first one to join the sith if you think about it never there for his family running off for his own ego, family killed, planet bombarded, not trusting anyone. I wonder how long and hard he looked for dustil if he wound up being on the endar spire! :-

if carth appears in kotor2 for a cameo i want to know how he got off that planet if you destroyed bastillas ship and killed both tribes. :lol:

I still say Carth was ok in my book.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Carth was a whining and Basilia was nagging all the time. If I could have spaced them I would have done it while playing DS.

At least some of the other NPC was fun to have along (with exception of Big Z and T3-M4 that both did not speak very much). :thumbsup:

Well, I liked Carth. He seemed more real than the others. He was someone you could trust not to betray you. I know a lot of people who whine more than Carth and I hardly notice the whine. He ruled with dex items, dex implants, best exoskeleton and two good guns. he was the character I used the most (because Bastila disapeared after the leviathan).

I hope that soldiers and guardians have more skill options in kotor II. Carth would have been the best with repair or security.