Should Authors Write A KOTOR Novel?

Hi There! :huh:

Since Kotor was successful in the gaming industry and it becomes pretty popular, should any of the offical Star wars authors write a KOTOR novel? or a book series based on Revan and the crew????

any Ideas?

Since Kotor was successful in the gaming industry and it becomes pretty popular, should any of the offical Star wars authors write a KOTOR novel? or a book series based on Revan and the crew????

any Ideas?

They aren't writing a KOTOR book, per se (ie. Revan and co.), but there's a book (or books) scheduled for release in 2007 or 2008 about that time period.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

any Ideas?

If theres a chance to write a crappy novel about it then by gods there an author willing to sell his soul to do it. BTW has anyone ever read anything by an EU author besides an EU book?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I wouldn't mind them, it might give us some more background knowledge of the characters, or what i think would be cool is if they set it around canderous, and how he climbed as mandalorian throughout the mandalorian war. and of course the other half of the book would be talkin from revan's perspective somehow! :wub:

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

anakins revenge there is no need to be so hostile ok....I meant books after the kotor...

Yeah that's nothing wrong in KOTOR novelization especially that Official Site recognizes only LS ending as truth.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Tracked the official announcement to give the details of the books GhostofAnakin alluded to.

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2004/09/news20040901.html

Also that year (2006) is the Star Wars novel debut of author Drew Karpyshyn. As a writer for BioWare, Karpyshyn worked on such rich games as Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. He will write a tale set in the Old Republic era, scheduled for hardcover release in October 2006.

In October of 2007, Elizabeth Hand will write a novel set in the Old Republic era.

Try the Planescape: Torment novelization, or any of the Baldur's Gate novelizations. It will enlighten you as to why novelizations of games aren't a good idea.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

If theres a chance to write a crappy novel about it then by gods there an author willing to sell his soul to do it. BTW has anyone ever read anything by an EU author besides an EU book?

Yes, I did. I read the new Dune books, which are (co)authored by Kevin J. Anderson. They are quite good, IMO

Try the Planescape: Torment novelization, or any of the Baldur's Gate novelizations. It will enlighten you as to why novelizations of games aren't a good idea.

It depends what author writes such novelization. Matthew Stover surely would write excellent KOTOR novelization.

QUOTE(Laozi @ Nov 28 2004, 07:43 AM)

Yeah Kevin Anderson wrote excellent Saga of Seven Suns that is true masterpiece. I read also Matthew Stover's Blade of Tyshalle and it is as great. Troy Denning produced many nice novels set in Forgotten Realms like Parched Sea and others.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

It depends what author writes such novelization. Matthew Stover surely would write excellent KOTOR novelization.

Possibly, but something about the idea of making books out of movies and video games when there was no book to begin with makes me think the end product will be crap. The writer may not take it seriously, since he's simply retracing steps, or perhaps the publisher will be indifferent to who they hire, thinking the name alone is all they need to sell copies.

Whatever the case, I avoid 'novelizations' like the plague, and judging by reviews in most cases I'm justified in that.

Salvatore's novelization of Attack of the Clones was better than the movie itself...

On the other hand your examples are painfully true - Athans' Baldur novelization was a total crap. Maybe becouse Athans is a crappy writer

In case of KOTOR novelization you have already wide array of comics and various other sources aboiut that era, so author guided by lucas licensing editor would just have to follow all that sources + KOTOR storyline to write good and EU compatible novel with mood characteristic to ancient star wars.

Don't forget that KOTOR only follows Tales of the Jedi.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Salvatore's novelization of Attack of the Clones was better than the movie itself...

That ain't saying much. :p

I hope he at least omitted 'Around the survivors a perimeter create.'

I got a feeling (and it is a bad one) that you don't really like Star Wars.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I got a feeling (and it is a bad one) that you don't really like Star Wars.

No, I like the original trilogy; some of my favorite movies of all time, in fact. The prequels, however.....

Let's say that Salvatore's star wars novels: Vector Prime and AOTC, are better than most of his fantasy novels.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: