The Bet Thread

Ok Guys

This is the bet thread for kotor 2...lets see who can get the closet rating for kotor 2

before the ratings come out on the gaming sites and see who can get the closest rating for kotor 2...the ratings will go from 1-10...multiple people may win....ok let the ratings begin!!

I think 9.6

:devil:

Gamespy: 5/5

Ign: 9.8

Gamespot: 8.9

Over all: 9.6

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Ok Guys

This is the bet thread for kotor 2...lets see who can get the closet rating for kotor 2

before the ratings come out on the gaming sites and see who can get the closest rating for kotor 2...the ratings will go from 1-10...multiple people may win....ok let the ratings begin!!

I think 9.6

:thumbsup:

Gamespy: 5/5

Ign: 9.5

Gamespot: 9.0

TeamXbox: 9.4

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

(Waves hand dismissively) Bahhh! I don't particularly care what those game reviewers give it, for me it's gonna be a perfect 10 and that's all that matters.

I've been waiting for this without even realizing it, and now that I see it on the horizon, everything else just fades into the background.

I think Obsidian did well in making us struggle for our lightsaber. Between being hounded by the Sith, betrayed by would-be allies, and losing good friends along the way, I'll have my hands full until I can construct that first saber (and that epicness is just the beginning of the game). But man, once I get my hands on it, I'm gonna hold it close, than turn around, and the first thing that my enemies will see is a smile on my face and a sadistic gleam in my eyes. :D

The best predictor of future success is past history. Obsidian Entertainment has no such history to draw upon. However, since the key players of Obsidian Entertainment does have a significant body of work to draw upon from their days spent with Black Isle Studios, we shall use that. To draw upon this further, Black Isle has significant history in developing games using Bioware Corp. engine technology. With this sample size, we can make aguesstimateon the critical reception of an Obsidian developed game using a Bioware created engine.

We shall use gamerankings.com as a standard for critical assessments.

The following Black Isle games are derived from Bioware's Infinity Engine. *note that we are not counting expansion packs. Only full fledged games.

Planescape Torment: AVG gamerankings score: 91

Icewind Dale: 85

Icewind Dale II: 82

The mean score of these three games = 86

Furthermore, we can include Fallout 2 as another Black Isle developed game using a pre-established engine.

Fallout 2: 87

Mean score of 4 Black Isle games = 86.25

The average gameranking scores for the original Infinity Engine games from which Black Isle developed their own IE games are:

Baldur's Gate = 94

Baldur's Gate 2 = 94

Fallout was developed internally by Interplay (pre Black Isle).

Fallout = 92

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic as developed by Bioware was also a critical success.

KotOR xbox = 95

KotOR pc = 94

Black Isle has a consistent track record in developing good games out of pre-existing engines. There have been no outliers, flukes, or one shot wonders. The key contributors of each of those four games are for the most part developing K2. On average, Black Isle games have scored ROUGHLY 5 to 10 pts lower than the engine originals.

Using the data compiled above, I would guesstimate that K2 would score any where from 85 to 90....plus/minus 3 pts.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I think it will get alot praise too. Have feeling this game gonna kick more ass than most people aware of.

I certainly hope so vid, but like someone had mentioned, the lack of a new game engine may turn around to bite it in the ass. :thumbsup:

That's true.

Always bugged me why reviewers always see graphics as so important. The same with deducting points because games don't have multiplayer. In my opinion when they review games, they should have one review for single player and one for multiplayer that would the best way.

Unfortunetly the world is neither orderly or ideal.

If the story is better than KOTOR1's, and if it is overall better, they will be honourbound to give it a higher rating. And the graphics are still more impressive than most games I play.

Fnord.

And that's why reviews from people who get payed for doing something the rest of us pay to do suck. Fallout 1&2 would still get a 10 by my scale, and if they were released today, they would be laughed at.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

(Waves hand dismissively) Bahhh! I don't particularly care what those game reviewers give it, for me it's gonna be a perfect 10 and that's all that matters.

I've been waiting for this without even realizing it, and now that I see it on the horizon, everything else just fades into the background.

I think Obsidian did well in making us struggle for our lightsaber. Between being hounded by the Sith, betrayed by would-be allies, and losing good friends along the way, I'll have my hands full until I can construct that first saber (and that epicness is just the beginning of the game). But man, once I get my hands on it, I'm gonna hold it close, than turn around, and the first thing that my enemies will see is a smile on my face and a sadistic gleam in my eyes. :D

My thoughts exactly lol. Overall it'll get an average of 9.0 across the board.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

I think it will get a high 8 score .. 9 or above is a really great and rare game! and although KOTOR2 will be good I doubt it will recieve such a high score! simply because the majority of gamers don't play this kinda game ..

Fortune favors the bald.