New UK OXM - KOTOR II:The Sith Lords Reviewed

"For a sequel to such a classic title, it was almost expected for it to 'do' an Empire Strikes Back. Well it not so much 'does' an Empire Strikes Back, as 'outdoes' it.

If you want dark side fury and hopelessness for all that is good in the Galaxy, KOTOR II's got it in spades"

"For the first few hours of play (four or five without sub-quests, touching doublefigures with) there is nothing to do but run. The hunt is on and you'll find yourself making desperate, frantic dashes across many worlds to escape the Siths clutches."

"You will be worn, beaten and humiliated by the time the pursuit eases a little. You'll resent the game for making you suffer hours of relentless, seemingly hopeless fleeing, but trust us you'll appreciate it

Obsideons decision to make you defenseless for so long was a risk, but the moment you cobble together your first makeshift 'sabre it's like rediscovering what made KOTOR so great in the first place. And from then on in, you're armed almost well enough to start investigationg this most devious and delicious of stories. "I am your father" doesn't even come close"

The Party

"Each has an agenda and seems to be helping you because it suits them, not because they are particularly beheld to you. This causes friction within the group, which, naturally you're left to resolve.

The implementation of potentially volitile 'side taking' within the party is just the first of many new interwoven elements of KOTOR II"

"Depending on how long you listen to someone, or how often you heed their advice, their opinion of you will rise or fall, as will their force alignment.

Others in your party who disagree with your actions (light or dark) will then cease to offer help, so there is potential for your team, the people you'll rely on to save your life, to implode from within"

"....but as Kreiam the Obi-Wan of the peice points out, simply doing the right thing is no longer adequate. Through the new force bond you can see, via Kreia's telepathy the consequences of your actions.

You may give a begger credits, but then to witness him murdered for them, makes you question and second guess everything you're asked to do"

"There are a few sub missions in KOTOR II that require you to take control of other characters. One of these is a dark side C-3P0 who pursuades his dark side companion (a dark side R2, naturally) to go on a killing spree"

"With the entire crew of the Ebon Hawk apparantly dead, it comes as a bit of a surprise when you open the cargo hold to discover the fizzing AK-47 droid from the first game. The psychotic droid seems to have been irreparibly damaged following the mysterious disappearance fo the crew

With newer AK-50 and AK-51 droids being used to hunt you by the Sith, A -47 might hold a few clues as to why the original crew are missing. If you want to repair him this becomes one of KOTOR II'S ongoing mini-games. Every planet you visit has a part that will mend him. The question is though, will you want to hear what he has to say?"

"As the mystery of KOTOR II slowly unravels, so does the galaxy. Eventually the free roaming planet hoppin gof KOTOR comes back into play, but don;t think for one minute we're going to tell you why. Suffice to say, it's something far graver then peicing together parts of a star map"

This sounds brilliant....defiantly extremly brilliant....gotta have that game !!! the sith are hunting you down like as when darth vader was hunting luke skywalker down....very cool....one though....I do prey that some how you do get captured by the sith and you are faced by darth nilihis....or somthing and he trys to persuade you to join him etc..

there better be an "almighty" ending on both sides of the game....

Well, atleast OXM UK thinks that KotOR II outdoes KotOR in terms of story. But i'm more interested in what gamespot will think about it. If they think it's good, then it's damn great.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ok I like to know where Atris comes in all this and Darth Nilihis!!!

I can't help it but I have to say it...Atris just reminds me to much of Bastilla Shan...and Darth Nilihis sought of reminds me of Revan....

I have just imagined somehow that Atris=Bastilla Shan for Identity hidden...and Bastilla turns out to go against Darth Nilihis

This is just my speculation.....I know my view is totally 100% wrong but I thought i write it any way....

Atris just reflects Bastilla to me

So I wonder if we will be able to have HK-47 in our party before he is fully repaired? or if he will have to stay on the Hawk until his side quests are done?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png