Multiple K1 playthroughs

I was just wondering how the multiple playthroughs went for everyone.

I usually play the good guy who saves the galaxy/world my first time through in most RPGs and that's usually what 'really' happened as far as I'm concerned for my game reality.

So when I play K2 my first game will be a natural continuity from my first game of K1.

I usually play both good/evil, male/female because I love games and I want to see 'what might have happened' so to speak.

The next few games don't really affect me to the degree as my first playthrough though and I don't develop a quite that bond with my other player characters.

How about you guys? How do your different playthroughs affect your 'gaming reality'?

I would say most would instinctively choose light side male as that is the most typical plot arc. That's what I did in the first.

Others interested in a more different approach would probably choose dark side.

I didn't notice much of a difference between male and female in the original, I hope there's a larger difference this time around.

I had multiple play throughs, but it wasn't because I was trying out different characters. As pathetic as it sounds, it was because I kept killing off my one character doing pretty stupid things (multiple times, continuously at that). The highlight of which was watching myself on a video monitor and "overloading the power conduit" :"> :-" .

How many other times did I die? Let me list the ways:

1. Confronting Calo Nord in the Lower Level Cantina (Jabbyar's?) and getting the "Count of Three" treatment. >_<
  2. Thinking I'm superman and rushing the turrets in the Black Vulkar's (sp?) base.
  3. Meeting Calo again, up in the ruined apartments.
  4. More conduit overloading, I did it at least once to myself at each terminal, just to see if just this once, something else would happen :-" (ever see a guy insisting on pushing a door that says "pull"? :shifty: )
  5. More turret rushing at various points of the game.
  6. Losing the Racing sequences on Taris a couple times.
  7. Getting blasted to smithereens by those blasted Sith Fighters (oh I learned to hate that turret mini-game, eventually got decent at it, but not before getting vaporised more times than I care to remember)
  8. Getting caught by the Selkaath, and stuck in that death chamber (I probably died, like, 20 times in there).
  9. Getting eaten by sharks underwater (many times).
  10. Getting eaten by that "Progenitor" (many times).
  11. Insisting on trying to take on everything and everyone, despite multiple warnings (the Krayt Dragon was probably one of the more humiliating moments :-" ).
  12. Using a fire grenade on that acid lake on Korriban, even after knowing that the ice bomb was the right choice.
  13. Saying the wrong things to those Rakattan (sp?) at that temple while I was stuck in their energy field.
  14. Several other death scenes that, at this point, would be chucking pebbles after an avalanche :ph34r:

Looking at the above, I have to admit, I'm one recklessly brash idiot. And I'm supposedly the Galaxy's last hope? (My PC's probably cursing the Fate that's guiding him :lol: ) Hmmmm, if the Sith Lords knew this, I wonder if they'd still be actively trying to get me to join them? :cat:

my second game is the one I remember best .. because I didn't know anything about the game first time I played (or the feats or rules etc), so I almost couldn't complete it because my character was so weak (I was a male scout/consular LS) ..

But the second time around I had become accustomed to the various elements of the game, so my character was much stronger, and I knew the storyline and really began to explore all of the sidequests! it has been to this day, my longest game! I was scoundrel/consular and LS ..

my other favorite is my DS scoundrel/consular female playthrough .. I was so evil!! >_<

love the scene: the final approach to the Starforge when the Republic wants to withdraw, and my DS chick slowly shakes her head in disapproval and gives a little evil smile! hehehe

Fortune favors the bald.

I remember my first game, male/ls/scout/consular, my name was Gradi Jin. I could barely beat Malak, I had wasted so many feats on pointless stuff, like blaster rifles and such.

I'm really curios how the sentinal class will end up this game, I'll probaly start my first game as one, seeing as I never played one in the original

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I remember my first game, male/ls/scout/consular, my name was Gradi Jin. I could barely beat Malak, I had wasted so many feats on pointless stuff, like blaster rifles and such.

I'm really curios how the sentinal class will end up this game, I'll probaly start my first game as one, seeing as I never played one in the original

yeah I did the exactly same thing .. :shifty: I got mopped so bad .. had to quick save and load constantly to gain an extra attack before Malak could react! (if you save while he is attacking then he will stand still if you load)

Sentinel will probably be a good choice for first play through this time around, because of the apparent heavy emphasis on skills!

And Laozi, I thought you said you would stop coming from today? >_<

Fortune favors the bald.

Is it Friday? Ya I guess it is, well the only reason I'm on today is because I quit taking my meds. for my sleeping disorder, its like 4:04 a.m. here

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

.. Guess I forgive you then .. just don't let it happen again! >_< well I said I would stop coming too, but I can't hehe .. guess I'm addicted as well, and suffering from a sleeping disorder! been up all night .. Sleeping is for old(er) people!!

Fortune favors the bald.

Ya I've always been sort of a night owl, but its never bothered me.

I've been trying to do the DaVinci thing and sleep for an hour and stay awake for three, and then sleep for another hour and etc. but things are so screwed up I usually just stay awake for a couple of days and sleep for a day

they actually proved that it was very unhealthy to take that approach (DaVinci sleeping hours) because you need a minimum of 2-3 hours of sleep before you start to benfit from it! but lack of sleep can give some very creative, although pretty f***** up, ideas! guess that's how he invented so many things/concepts!

I mean no sane (and well rested) person would write laterally reversed .. >_<

Fortune favors the bald.

R.E.M is overrated as a sleep and a band. I find that when I'm able to do it, I generally don't lose as many ideas, and in general I'm able to sleep and not lose a step, but its true the longest I've been able to do it for is about two weeks, actually a little less

Every human soul needs sleep...sleep gives your brain to re-cooperate...if you don't sleep properly, your immune system is known to go down and be more vunuable to colds and flu's, and its a proven fact...

dont get sick now

>_<

Thanx for the advice

I died alot on my first time playing through the game...The difficulty settings being on Hard didnt help much...Sith Governor on Taris killed me like 4 times in a row before i finally killed him.Darth Bandon killed me about 3 times.And Malak killed me about once..( After the first time i died against Malak i realized that i had like 40 Life Support Packs )

Usually play LS first then i play DS through after, since i think playing LS is more challenging and DS more easy because DS powers are so great.

Also i think DS is to much Bully rather than intellectual evil, which i think is sad.

My thought of evil was you would regard your personal needs before other, and crush those who would stand in the way of your goals that way it seemed to have a point a gain.

Thought Kotor1 DS modifiers were very minded on just doing something for the sake of being evil rather than a point, which is pretty much what bullies does, try to show their strong while they actually weak, and reflect behaviors of oppression on to other to become subpresser.

It the most stupid way to make evil character often limited to low intelligent persons, rather than and mindful evil villian.

Further most of DS evils in Kotor1 were more in the range of psychotic than actual mastermind evils.

Please give ous a chance at decent evil in Kotor2

Please give ous a chance at decent evil in Kotor2

Failing that, at least give us some more entertaining death scenes. If we can't be rewarded for being Sadistically Evil, at least we can be amused by being Recklessly Foolhardy (or maybe that's rewarding us for being Sadistically Evil by forcing our characters to be Recklessly Foolhardy). :thumbsup:

Always in the first 2-3 playthroughs you die often, (luckily there is a save button).

After that you play the game with more confidence..

You know, they should add in a blooper feature, where they give us the choice of "re-living" some of our more humiliating moments.

On second thought, maybe keeping a record isn't such a good idea after all. :ph34r:

Failing that, at least give us some more entertaining death scenes. If we can't be rewarded for being Sadistically Evil, at least we can be amused by being Recklessly Foolhardy (or maybe that's rewarding us for being Sadistically Evil by forcing our characters to be Recklessly Foolhardy). :thumbsup:

Like Fallout!!! Now that was an entertaining death scene :rolleyes:

I lost count how many times I've played. First game I played lightside the second one totally dark side.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester