Designer Rambling: Character List

By now, I've gotten some lists from fans as to the number and types of characters that have been mentioned in various interviews.

Just some designer ramblings:

1. You're probably already aware of this, but depending on whether you go light side or dark side, your companion selection changes.

2. The same thing is true with your PC's gender.

3. In addition, not only will you have the companions, but there will be points in the game where you even switch off to NPCs who are not in your party to accomplish various tasks, just for variety. So technically, you end up having a pretty large selection at different points in the game.

Some of these things we did to seperate the gameplay experience for male, female, dark and light for replayability, other times we did it because it felt right to do in the situation.

Hope you guys enjoy the game when it hits the shelves.

3. In addition, not only will you have the companions, but there will be points in the game where you even switch off to NPCs who are not in your party to accomplish various tasks, just for variety.

OOoooooOOOOh.

I like that.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Thank you Mr. Avellone with gracing us with a wee bit more info before the release. TSL sounds like a steller game! again thank you for your time! ;)

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

By now, I've gotten some lists from fans as to the number and types of characters that have been mentioned in various interviews.

1. You're probably already aware of this, but depending on whether you go light side or dark side, your companion selection changes.

3. In addition, not only will you have the companions, but there will be points in the game where you even switch off to NPCs who are not in your party to accomplish various tasks, just for variety. So technically, you end up having a pretty large selection at different points in the game.

Some of these things we did to seperate the gameplay experience for male, female, dark and light for replayability, other times we did it because it felt right to do in the situation.

The bolded word is the key for me. I'm glad Obsidian has made sure to improve upon this. So far, I'm liking what I'm hearing.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm always a sucker for a well thought out game

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Sounds really interesting and original! Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

By now, I've gotten some lists from fans as to the number and types of characters

So the PC's gender can change depending on whether we go light side or dark side?

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

you're one day late mr.!

:thumbsup:

guess it's because of thanksgiving yesterday...?

So the PC's gender can change depending on whether we go light side or dark side?

Yes, that's always a risk. You see, Palpatine was a little nice girl before she uncovered the secrets of the dark side. :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yes, that's always a risk. You see, Palpatine was a little nice girl before she uncovered the secrets of the dark side. :ph34r:

How can you not possibly know that it was the fear of the dentist that led him down the dark path??? <_<

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

thanx for the infor though it was basically just a repeat except for the bit about switching to non party npcs at points. sounds like a great game. best of luck next friday when it hits stores

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Great designer choice there Chris :thumbsup:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Thanks for the rambling!

So are you saying, whether we are male or female depends on which party members join?

"So technically, you end up having a pretty large selection at different points in the game."

hopefully that does not mean that actually we has a pretty small selection of npcs. the "technically" modifier does scare Gromnir somewhat. regardless, we will be getting the game so we will very shortly be able to answer our own questions.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Thanks for the info, it is greatly apreciated(sp?)! :thumbsup: ..... so umm any chance we can get a rambling thread on the prestige classes?? :D

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I knew that alll ready :thumbsup:

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf