Planscape Torment 2

Darth_Taros

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yea, doesn't matter if it's a sequel or a remake of the original: a fresher version of Planescape would surely be much apreciated by a vast amount of people. I'm sure it would bring the necessary commercial success. There just are too many RPGs with "ordinary" settings on the market already. A game set in the Planescape universe would be a breath of fresh air for the genre. Maybe a remake with lots of nice additions is the way to go here. As stated abouve this would attract both old fans and new gamers.

I checked the link found above (http://www.city-of-doors.com/). Really not much material there. Lets hope those guys keep it up. (w00t)

You mean a crappy prequel were at start we already know what happens and offers no real closure?

:thumbsup:

Anyway ...

From what I remenber the Planescape setting was discontinued due to its failure to be self supporting.

Also in 3rd editions there were major changes, Forgotten Realms got their own (****ty) planar system and were discontinued from the Great Wheel, also due to several products being set to outside WotC direct control (Ravenloft and DragonLance) they were cut from the Great Wheel and the previous links were removed (DracoLance was the least affected because its a ****ty setting and nobody really wants to go there, as a matter of fact the only DracoLance crosslink I found was in Ravenloft but that is hardly a suprise since it was used as a dumping ground for pretty much every D&D setting) so the idea of a game that spawns several settings would not work.

drakron.png

I think that the big problem for PS:T was that you had to play a ugly scared fellow that frightened away all people with his face on the cover before they even tried to play the game.

Any new PS-game should allow a free character creation, and should not be a sequell but a new story with Sigil as base.

I really would want to see that. :wacko:

that would be pretty cool.  I'd love to do some realm hopping.

of course, i'd want to see Krynn, but i'm selfish like that.

From what I've heard Krynn is a low level world, so maybe they could fit it into the first one.

Now who told you that lie?

I just heard stuff like Tanis was like a level 6 ranger, and such like that. Raistlin was the most powerful mage on Krynn and was barely 18th level.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I just heard stuff like Tanis was like a level 6 ranger, and such like that. Raistlin was the most powerful mage on Krynn and was barely 18th level.

Yeah nobody in Krynn could be higher than 18 or the Gods would do something lame to you or something. Ariakus (the C-in-C of the Dragon Army in the original trilogy) was level 20 but he had some kind of special status. But this is really old school stuff, surely the setting would be unrecognizable to people like me who read the original trilogy 15 or so years ago and that was it. Who knows what that setting has moved on to.

Anyway if Kotor II is any indication shades of PS:T will be present in Obsidians games. Doing a sequel is not really necessary and in any case not going to happen unless some masochist tries to do it in NWN.

I see no reason to make a sequel or prequel. The story is finite, anything else would be just out of place... it's finished, okay?

BUt of course it would be cool to have another game in Planescape setting. But the name must be different: like "Planescape: [put the name here]"

No sequel, only another game in the Planescape universe. I rather have a game in the Dark Sun campaign set though. The last Dark Sun game was too long ago.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

No sequel, only another game in the Planescape universe. I rather have a game in the Dark Sun campaign set though. The last Dark Sun game was too long ago.

Agree totally. Dark Sun is one of the most unknown and obcure settings of D&D(along with Spelljammer, but who would like to play there?) and I think it should be given more coverage. Ditto with the Planescape game too.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Why dont you make a game in Forgotten realms, where your hunting a wizard and he escapes through a portal, so you blindly jump in after him. Then you find yourself in sigil, lost and confused, surrounded by all manner of wierd stuff you dont understand, and then start your main focus story in the planes. And call it Plane Strider or something like that.

Note: This is what happened to the guy in the smothering corpse bar in PS:T if you dont remember. :devil:

Theres no reason the nameless ones story is over either, heck, he could be the main villian. I mean, this demi-god petitioner of the lower planes battling in the blood war with knowledge that spawns uncountable lifetimes? Maybe he starts tipping the scale of the blood war one way or the other, and you must return the balance. After all, isnt the blood war the foundation on which the rest of the planes stand?

• 2 weeks later...

Umm Yggdrasil (the world ash - or the gigantic tree in common) found the in the first layer of Ysgard has access to many planes found with in planescape as well as many other prime worlds. Also Mount Olympos in Arborea has such portals. It won't be hard to write an ''all around the prime worlds'' kind of story. Though they must watch for it might turn into power-play rather than roleplay. I am writing a table-top game with a system I made partially by 3.5 edition and mage:ascension. Anyways WOTC release the planewalker's guide last year on planescape so I don't think they could say they are not supporting it, as that book was on 3.5 edition.

I played the game 3-4 years ago as I reckon, and now I am playing again to get the whole insight of the story (ofcourse with 18 wis and int o:) ). I am hoping it does not dissapoint me and disillusion the perfect form it has in my mind. By the way now a days, they can't even release a proper rpg game. I don't think they could get close to writing such a good story as everyone is interested in hack'n'slash these days.

Agree totally. Dark Sun is one of the most unknown and obcure settings of D&D(along with Spelljammer, but who would like to play there?) and I think it should be given more coverage. Ditto with the Planescape game too.

Hear, hear! Another game in Athas, or that visits Athas would be great(the visiting , and then getting out again maybe problematic, but hey) Spelljammer would be cool also, but I maybe asking too much.

:party visits Athas::

:dies of heat stroke from being in metal armor:

:metal armor is promptly looted and sold for scrap metal:

BTW, has anyone checked out some of the stuff on Athas.org Fan made, updated to D20, and with WOTC official sanction.

Hear, hear!  Another game in Athas, or that visits Athas would be great(the visiting , and then getting out again maybe problematic, but hey)  Spelljammer would be cool also, but I maybe asking too much.

:party visits Athas::

:dies of heat stroke from being in metal armor:

:metal armor is promptly looted and sold for scrap metal:

BTW, has anyone checked out some of the stuff on Athas.org  Fan made, updated to D20, and with WOTC official sanction.

I completely agree. Dark Sun wasn't explored as well as it should've been. Dark Sun 1 was great, but DS 2 was da bomb.

An update on this particular piece of setting is waaay overdue.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, Fall From Grace, some of the others, and TNO, and the Blood Wars!

It could be awsome! :thumbsup:

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.