Swoop racing, Pazaak and Turrent mini-game.

Well the devs said that they made it so you can upgrade Swoop bikes, they also said they improved the turrent mini-game and they said they made Pazzak a little more interesting (Championship tournament?) but we have not been given any other info concerning the mini-games. So how do you think they improved them?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

One improvement is they have made it so I don't have to do them if I dont want too, I like that one :p

I do hope they make the Turret game a little more tense, I mean you can leave the plugging away at your shields for 15 mins, come back swear and mop them up and 10 seconds no threat there at all.

Pazaak and Swoop bored me a bit so I never really stuck it out, though I might now I can upgrade my swoop.

Maybe if we are evil enough we can go murder other contenders so there times don't stand. That would be involving.

Did Developers say they would still keep swoop race and pazaak at all?

Yes.

I think they just stated that they'd be optional this time.

oh thank God! :ermm:

I never understood why they had these minigames in the first place .. they were badly done and totally irrelevant! and they should've used the time on more story related things imo!

fortunately they were optional after Taris ..

Fortune favors the bald.

I hate arcade mini games in my CRPGs. First off they use the player's skill and not the skill of my character. I am there to role play my character, not hone my arcade skills. If they put in the turret and swoop bike games in the CRPG I hope tehy take in account of my character's capabilities only and not mine. As for Paazak, never really bothered with it in the first game, but making it that the PC doesn't always go first is a step in the right direction.

They've actually added a few. I know that in the case of Pazaak, they added some cards and other strategic possibilities to the game, as well as making it alternate whether you or the computer went first. (or something like that) I don't remember anything they've said about swoop racing, if they've even said anything.

The greatest thing they added is I don't have to do the turret mini-game now. I never got into the mini-games and hated that I randomly had to do the turret one. Doing the first pod racing one was fine because they made it easy and I only had to do it once for storyline reasons. I hate mini-games I'm forced to do, I really hate mini-games that are twitch in a RPG, and I extreamly hate FFX and their stupid mini-games to get all of the Legendary weapons. They make me want to kill. :luck:

The way I understood was that the turret game is indeed voluntary, but if you choose not to, the Sith would board your vessel, and you would have to fight them. I don't have a source though.

Personally, I think I'll play each game at least once to see if it's any fun/good. Plus, I have faith in the abilities of Obsidian to make a good and proper game.

Mr U

I don't know why everyone hated the turrent game, it took a little more than 1 min. and didn't come up very often

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I disagree. Although the turret game may be fun, the minute you actually loose the game (My whole screen was blurred, something I had never experienced before, and I was unable to see anything, really) and you get that 'Your whole party is killed. Return to Main menu.', it's more than just a little annoying.

And, that one minute is deduced from gaming time I would rather invest in RPG-ing.

Still, the developers saw, early on in the process of KOTOR 2, that the community did not much like the mini-games. I'm sure they will improve them so that they are actually worth playing.

Mr U

Ya theres a trained monkey or something that you can defer to if you're attacked now

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.