Should LS, DS Mastery be in?

I have been paying pretty close attention to any news concerning the game and I haven't seen any mention of the LS/DS Masteries that were in the PC version of KOTOR. I have the Xbox version, so I never actually got to check this feature out.

Naturally, I end up a bit on the lighter side of neutral, not the blinding Mother Teresa-light that is needed to get the mastery perks. I am tempted to sometimes "do things" that will earn me cash to buy cool stuff. I think this is a more realistic simulation of the internal conflict between dark and light than refusing a reward just for the extra light side points getting you closer to that +3 CON or whatever the perks are.

So what do you guys think? Should characters be rewarded for staying absolutely loyal to their chosen side of the force?

Also, if I've missed some news clipping stating that masteries ARE in KOTOR 2, please let me know.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Maybe they should be rewarded for consistency - if they stay around a certain part of the spectrum of the ls/ds meter for long enough, they get rewarded with a bonus. They might make a script that calculates the bonus based on the alignment they stick around to.

I think the idea of it was to reward roleplaying, anyway. I don't think it was so power gamers had a way to power-game by going through the dialogues, but it did have that result, and I don't think Bioware (or Obsidian) would mind that.

The idea of LS/DS mastery was great I think. They just need to balance it a bit. DS bonuses is much better then LS bonuses.

i thought light side bouses were a lot better. +3 strength, constitution or wisdom(or was it charisma?). eeeeexcelent...

+1d8 damage for DS guardians beats +3 Str for LS guardians any day. :blink:

My DS guardian masacred everything thanks to that bonus, and even Malek could not stand against it more then 2 rnds. :p

Cool guys thanks for the responses. Between the extras and the Yavin outpost-thing I almost got the PC version just to try them out. Maybe you PC users will get something cool added on at the last second again.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Wouldnt mind boons for stay on your path highest peek.

Just sometime think he DS/LS point awards of quest/sub quest doings should be a little different.

I remember playing DS and not killing a wookie somewhere then all the sudden i am near good thou i was almost elite DS before, think it stupid one single deed puts you that far back.

Like saying a mass murder killing 100people can get to neutral just by sparing one, it stupidity and i wish they changed it in Kotor2