About Lightsaber Forms

Alot of Sith used arcane fighting methods.

jedi didnt bother themselves with it as they were not trained for battle, that is why the Sith can kill Jedi easier than the other way around.

I don't think that true.

Jedi never looked for trouble either as Yoda said.

Instead trouble is always looking for Jedi.

And I do have the impression that Jedi did have Force trainning sessions and lightsaber fights. Even the younglins were holding lightsabers.

Although one could say that Jedi were trainned mostly for defence rather than attaking someone.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I agree that double-bladed sabers should be a rarity. Maybe give it to like 1 out of the 3 Sith Lords and maybe let you find Exar Kun's saber at some Sith temple or tomb. Also make the double-bladed sabers and dual sabers pretty much only possible for guardians by having a rough penalty on sentinals and consulars so they get whooped like Anakin did when he tried to use two sabers. And to make single sabers more appealing give them extra styles to use. I'm sure most of us can remember the scene in episode 2 when all those Jedi came to rescue Anakin and Obi, when they made their appearance there was like 10 different Jedi with their own interesting stances.

I think implementing more unique styles for single saber would raise it's appeal, limiting the effectiveness of dual sabers and double-bladed sabers by everyone except guardians and also having only a few double-bladed sabers throughout the game would even things out nicely.

I agree that double-bladed sabers should be a rarity. Maybe give it to like 1 out of the 3 Sith Lords and maybe let you find Exar Kun's saber at some Sith temple or tomb. Also make the double-bladed sabers and dual sabers pretty much only possible for guardians by having a rough penalty on sentinals and consulars so they get whooped like Anakin did when he tried to use two sabers. And to make single sabers more appealing give them extra styles to use. I'm sure most of us can remember the scene in episode 2 when all those Jedi came to rescue Anakin and Obi, when they made their appearance there was like 10 different Jedi with their own interesting stances.

I think implementing more unique styles for single saber would raise it's appeal, limiting the effectiveness of dual sabers and double-bladed sabers by everyone except guardians and also having only a few double-bladed sabers throughout the game would even things out nicely.

Anakin was gaurdian, and i think Dooku was either sentinel or Counsulor mostly likely counsulor judging from his character.

EDIT: But still think either singlestyle should be more able or Dual wield like in Reality more demanding.

You guys bring up some good points that I hadn't thought of. Double bladed lightsabers shouold definitely be more rare. Maybe there could be a speed or movement plenalty for those who use anything other than a single blade (because remember how it was said that no one used double blades because it's amost as much of a danger to the user as it is to the opponent. You'd have to move a little slower or something to make sure you didn't hit yourself.)

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Yeah, there should be a grand total of about 3 double bladed sabers in the game.

1. If you get a choice as to what your lightsaber would be, you pick double.

2. A special one, ex. Exar Kun's or some other special one.

3. One belonging to a powerful Sith.

I think double bladed should be extremely rare. Think about it, the only people I've ever heard of having double bladed lightsabers are Exar Kun and Darth Maul.

:) :)

I think she did, didn't she...

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Why do you say that?

Alot of Sith used arcane fighting methods.

jedi didnt bother themselves with it as they were not trained for battle, that is why the Sith can kill Jedi easier than the other way around.

I don't think that true.

Jedi never looked for trouble either as Yoda said.

Instead trouble is always looking for Jedi.

And I do have the impression that Jedi did have Force trainning sessions and lightsaber fights. Even the younglins were holding lightsabers.

Although one could say that Jedi were trainned mostly for defence rather than attaking someone.

Sorry im tired and wasnt being very coherant...

Jedi are not trained to face off against other lightsaber users... I Gathered this from quotes from yoda, characters in the EU, and the Jedi's training in lightsaber combat. Jedi use the Lightsaber to defend against people user blaster technology (they use form 4 i believe ((please dont kill me if im wrong...its been a very long day)), whereas the Sith know their only opponent is Jedi, therefore they learn extensive lightsaber combat art's (Darth Maul using Staff Saber, Count Dooku using the old duelling form of lightsaber-ing (style 6 i believe once again)

Too tired to type more so i will just end it at that...

You are correct J. Luke, it's not necessarily and inconsistency, she could have changed her weapon between when she met Revan and when she met "you."

I thought I saw Jedi trainning in lightsaber combat with each other.

there is mention of this at some point in NJO series, where Jacen faces Anakin.

Also in Jedi Knight II there are Jedi in the academy who face each other in lightsaber combat.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Actually since they trained in defending from blaster combat and not against sabers, most of them tried to combine many style and came up with form 6. This was what most of the force users used.

Dooku and Maul used form 2 since it was so outdated and difficult to parry against newer styles except 5 and 7.

I believe so.

No they are not used in the movies. There wasa court issue over the forms not being consitent with what he generated in the films :p

So what are you saying exactly? How many forms are we getting?

IGN: In the first KOTOR, you could use some crystals to change the properties of your saber. Have you added new crystals for the sequel and if so, can you give us their names and properties?

Kevin Saunders: Lightsabers can also be upgraded with new power cells, emitters, and lenses. These upgrades can be found throughout the game, but, using skills, can also even be created! There are more than 60 possible lightsaber upgrades, yielding over ten million possible combinations.

IGN: The first KOTOR had the very useful Force power that allowed you to throw your lightsaber. Are there any new Force powers that affect your lightsaber in KOTOR II?

Kevin Saunders: In KOTOR II, you can learn up to six of the seven Jedi Lightsaber Forms. These are fighting techniques whose effectiveness depends upon the tactical situation. Each form shines in certain conditions, but also has weaknesses. Learning the characteristics of the Lightsaber Forms, and switching between them as the combat situation changes, can allow a Jedi to prevail in what would otherwise be a fatal encounter.

For example, the Ataru form, employed by Qui-Gon in Episode 1, is a highly focused form that is excellent against a single opponent, but less effective against blaster fire. The Juyo form, an extremely difficult combat style mastered by Mace Windu, overwhelms an opponent with seemingly erratic movements, but can leave the Jedi more vulnerable to attacks.

These Lightsaber Forms are the domain of the Sentinels and Guardians. Consulars learn the most basic ones, but then study Force Forms, which affect how they utilize their Force Powers. Force Potency, for example, increases the damage inflicted by many Force Powers, but taxes the Jedi's energy. Force Affinity, on the other hand, allows the Jedi to focus so completely that they can even recover their Force Points during combat. As with the Lightsaber Forms, mastering when to use each Force Form will have a profound effect on a Jedi's effectiveness in combat.

The above quotes are taken from the IGN Lightsabers Interveiw. From what I can understand from this interveiw it seams that what lightsaber you are holding will make no difference to how you can upgrade it (i.e. lens, emiters, etc.) and what forms you can use. I am glad to see that they aren't going to be punishing people for choosing one saber over another. What will effect the forms is what class you choose as is stated in the above quote.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png