The relevance of the Chronicles

So we have been some brief history fleshed out for us over at Lucas Arts, for those of us that aren't privvy to all that history already. This has lead me to wonder how much of this history is going to come into play in the new games plot. We are been giving a good deal of history and being introduced to some of the greatest sith lords and fallen jedi in ancient star wars history can we expect them to make appearances in some form? or that some of the mysterious players in this game our somehow connected to them?

Many of the locations are are also having there history exposed to us.

This gets me a thinking....which I generally try to avoid. So I thought I would post this and see what everyone else thought, so I could just read about it... :)"

I'd say being an "outkast" jedi, it's more than likely we have some connection to some famous ancient Jedi/sith...

....that aside, it could be merely just a chance to give the general "public" some backstories about the history before KOTOR and KOTOR II - since many casual fans (like myself) havn't read the prior books.

I just don't have enough knowledge of the time frame, is it possible that we would be old enough to have known any of these icons, or apprentice beneath them?

And we have this ominous masked villian, surely that means his identity must mean something, (though more than likely to in game chracters rather than the player with heaps of EU knowledge but still...)

I believe from what I read Ulic could not have sent his spirit into the force, or any other location as other past characters have given his connection with the force being cut. But what about some of these other characters? (we don't seem to go to Yavin, so I realise Exar is out)

Just flying around crazy ideas anyway....there has to be a more direct reason for all this back story.

Updating the chronicles is easier than making a new trailer every week. That way you get the false impression you are getting more info about the game, since the page is being updated. But the game is aimed at a much broader audience than those who would read the LA page, so I don't think the chronicles are relevant at all...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I believe the TotJ stories take place about 40 years before KotOR. While they are refered to in the first game TSL may draw more heavily on TotJ for background. Since many people who play TSL will not be familiar with TotJ so they thought it would be a good idea to try and bring people up to speed. I suspect Mike Gallo is the man responsibe.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Since Tales of the Jedi are main inspiration for KOTOR (even title was taken from one of series' comics) it is understandable why LA is posting TOTJ on their site.

I believe the TotJ stories take place about 40 years before KotOR. While they are refered to in the first game TSL may draw more heavily on TotJ for background. Since many people who play TSL will not be familiar with TotJ so they thought it would be a good idea to try and bring people up to speed. I suspect Mike Gallo is the man responsibe.

Here's official timeline for Tales of the Jedi series and KOTOR video games:

The Golden Age of the Sith - - 5,000 BSW4

The Fall of the Sith Empire - - 5,000 BSW4

Knights of the Old Republic - - 4,000 BSW4

The Freedon Nadd Uprising - - 3,998 BSW4

Dark Lords of the Sith - - 3,997 BSW4

Sith War - - 3,996 BSW4

Redemption - - 3,986 BSW4

KOTOR - - 3,956 BSW4

KOTOR 2: Sith Lords - - 3,951 BSW4

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

So we have been some brief history fleshed out for us over at Lucas Arts, for those of us that aren't privvy to all that history already. This has lead me to wonder how much of this history is going to come into play in the new games plot. We are been giving a good deal of history and being introduced to some of the greatest sith lords and fallen jedi in ancient star wars history can we expect them to make appearances in some form? or that some of the mysterious players in this game our somehow connected to them?

Many of the locations are are also having there history exposed to us.

This gets me a thinking....which I generally try to avoid. So I thought I would post this and see what everyone else thought, so I could just read about it... :thumbsup:"

The important thing is that they don't do anything really stupid. Like it the novels of the EU written after ROTJ, when Luke sets up hie academy and just happens "ignore" the fact that theres an ancient sith ghost around that just might try and corrupt his students.

It would be cool to see some apparitions, but not at the expense of the plot, as previously done in the EU.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Right Nur Ab Sul? I mean Luke was an idiot right?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Not bigger than Yoda and his lackeys who were spending hours on conferences with a Dark Lord who "accidentally" was a Chancellor of the Republic...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Yes but at the time of Yoda the light side of the Force was clouded, so they couldn't sense the Sith, plus Sidious was using Sith magic to avoid dedection by Force.

And I don't think that Exar would hide himself....especially from one so strong in the Force like Luke.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Exar was hiding from Luke practically all the time. Read Jedi Academy, it's a great trilogy.

Exar was using the same trick that Vergere will use in Destiny's Way.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Exar was hiding from Luke practically all the time. Read Jedi Academy, it's a great  trilogy.

Exar was using the same trick that Vergere will use in Destiny's Way.

I've read Destiny's Way, I understand what you mean.

But Exar was a spirit, so could he also hide himslef? Since the only thing he has left is his presance on the Force.

I guess that's why he has opinion of so powerful baddie...

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

But Exar was a spirit, so could he also hide himslef? Since the only thing he has left is his presance on the Force.

Like most of the EU, its better if you just ignore the details.

I usually do that, but this one is pretty big.

The details only? :p"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The details only? :)"

:p

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi