Plot question of the day: WHY TARIS!?

Lets say you're master vandar, you've got a Revan running around who doesn't know hes Revan and Malak pretty much taking systems at will. You and the council get together and consider all the options. At this point there seems to be few, so all you can do is meditate on it like any "spiritual" brother would do and concede to the will of the force. This explains what happens no matter which way you go LS/DS because its the will of the force. As a jedi your job is not to decide whats good and whats bad, but to carry out the "way" of the force and not let your ideas influence your decisions. To me this seems like the only plausable answer. What happen on Taris wasn't tactical I mean what military would send its "most effective weapon" (Bastilla) into enemy territory without the bulk of its forces there to protect it?

Now later on in the game they just let you and Bastill run off even though to alot this would seem folly. Once again the will of the force and allowing it to happen instead of letting your own misconceptions hamper it.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

PLOT ANSWER OF THE DAY:  because rachgouls are cute!!! j/k

hey anyone read books that have stuff about the coruscant undercity area?  i read somethin and it had creatures like rackghouls.  do you think its where the devs got the idea.  i cant remember the book title but it was about darth maul and it was right before episode 1.

Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter.

Good book. But I can't recall any creatures similar to rakghouls. But I'm sure they're there though.

:) I just checked that book out from the library yesterday :)

This explains why he sacrificed himself so you could get away, as well as why he was so patient with your idiotic questions about who Bastila was, what the Endar Spire was, etc.

Yeah, he taught you how to open chests and put some clothes on, too. Nice guy.

yeah; trask was kind of like your special needs educator. helping the pc put on some clothes and opening doors... :thumbsup:

the great thing about star wars is tha you can blame all bugs on the force!

KOTOR begins, as I'm guessing everyone here knows by now, with the Endar Spire getting shot down over Taris and Bastila/Revan/Carth making it out at the last minute in escape pods.

So, the question of the day (to pass the time until release): why were they there in the first place? Why would the Republic send a single frigate with the two keys to it's entire war effort through an area which (apparently) was occupied and controlled by the Sith? Where were they going before the Sith ambushed them, and how would they have set Revan up for training and put him on his 'quest' without the apparent justification of his successful actions on Taris?

Discuss.

it was the force

There weren't any visions about the star maps before dantooine, only on dantooine and before the planets after that.

I think the Jedi council was acting mostly pretty dumb as to anything that was going on with Revan and Bastila. I don't think, from what Bastila said, that they necessarily knew for certain about their bond. However, it's easy to say that Revan had become Bastila's responsibility, and as important as Bastila was, having Revan in tow with all his knowledge would certainly be beneficial.

Personally, I don't mind this particular "plot hole"; I don't really think it's a plot hole. In real life, there are little details you gloss over and mysteries that can't be solved, so I don't really see why an RPG has to go off on some random tangeant in over-detailed explanation of why the the Jedi and t he Sith were fighting over taris, and exactly what terms they were fighting under. As far as it being a "plot hole," they wanted a dramatic beginning, a tutorial in a confined area perhaps, and they wanted Taris to be the first planet the PC visited as a non-jedi.

Mind you, I don't think everyone should stop speculating; please continue. It just annoys me that people would make such a big deal out of something as relatively minor as this.

Mind you, I don't think everyone should stop speculating; please continue.  It just annoys me that people would make such a big deal out of something as relatively minor as this.

It's usually people who disliked KOTOR's story and need to scrutinize everything about it to point out just how "flawed" it is. Not always the case (before half the people in this thread throw a fit at my comment), but in a couple of cases I'd say that's what it is.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)