Mandalorian's: Something the Chronicles leave out

Mandalore, knowing his Warriors need another Crusade, attacks the 7 worlds of the Empress Teta System. It is an attempt to gain the eye of a worthy opponent known as Ulic Quel Droma. An Attempt which is successful. Mandalore's forces cripple a smelting Platform in Space, and Ulic watches as it falls from orbit and smash's into a city, killing thousands. Not Long After Mandalore is contacted by Ulic, and Mandalore challenges him to battle on the Plains of Kuar, a base planet for the Mandalorian Armies. A great Battle is faught between the Grand Mandalorian Warrior and the SITH lord, but in the end Ulic is victorious. Instead of Death Mandalore is shown mercy and freely gives loyalty to the Great warrior who has beaten him.

Together Mandalore and Ulic win many battles, and they both participate in the Battle of Coruscant. At the beginning the attack is successful, and Mandalore and Ulic seperate. Ulic goes for the War room, and Mandalore heads to the Weapons depot hoping to make use's of new Republic toys. As Mandalore makes his way through the depot, he is contacted by Aleema, who says that Ulic has been killed, and that he is to retreat. Mandalore has no choice but to obey, and retreats with Aleemas forces back to Yavin.

It is not long that Mandalore learns that instead of Death, Ulic has only been captured. He suspects Aleema's treachery, and confronts her. He ask her why they aren't making plans to free Ulic, but Aleems brushes them aside believing that if she makes Mandalore her new War commander, he would take power over loyatly. She is wrong. Mandalore goes to Exar Kun on Yavin for help in freeing Ulic, Exar agrees. In a stunning display of power and courage Exar and Mandalore walk in on the Senate during the trial of Ulic. Once freed, Mandalore tells Ulic of Aleema's ploy, Ulic agrees and has already taken plans to get his vengences on his beloved.

Mandalore's next mission is Onderon. He is to take the planet in the name of Ulic Quel Droma. Who is attacking Ossus with a squadron of Mandalorians. The Battle of Onderon is a tuff one, as the Basilisk War droids and Beast of Onderon go against each other in the sky's above. The Battle is even, and could have been won, but the Republic has already sent reinforcements. Outnumbered and outgunned Mandalore and his warriors make for the Moon Duxn. There, Mandalore's Basilisk is shot down. Mandalore is soon killed by the Evil beast of Duxn. His Mask is later found by another Mandalorian, who knows the Tradition must conintuie, he is the NEW MANDALORE.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Mandalore goes to Exar Kun on Yavin for help in freeing Ulic, Exar agrees. In a stunning display of power and courage Exar and Mandalore walk in on the Senate during the trial of Ulic.

Courage? If there was a real chance of failure then it might have taken some courage, but as is using godlike powers doesn't require any amount of courage, just will.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Thanks for that; I've neither read the Tales of the Jedi series nor do I possess the money to buy them, so all I really know about what happens comes from 'summaries' like this.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

thats not quite what I have read, but very close. I read that the mandalorings, Ulic sith forces, and the krath forces attack Coursant and in the middle of the battle the Krath retreat for unkown reasons. And Mandalor keeps on fighting with Uilc. Then he either sees Uilc taken away, or Uilc uses the force to tell him. They retreat to Yavin and tell Exar of the tresion. They both go and rescue Uilc and the sith kill there masters if it is possible (this is were we get that tradition). One of exar stronger appratainces feils to kill his master and is told to retrive and amulet used by Naga Shadow. And then Him and Aleen use it to destory the jedi libray. But exar and ulic new they would die for both of there failers.

So it was preety much the same just little difffernt

thats not quite what I have read, but very close. I read that the mandalorings, Ulic sith forces, and the krath forces attack Coursant and in the middle of the battle the Krath retreat for unkown reasons. And Mandalor keeps on fighting with Uilc. Then he either sees Uilc taken away, or Uilc uses the force to tell him. They retreat to Yavin and tell Exar of the tresion. They both go and rescue Uilc and the sith kill there masters if it is possible (this is were we get that tradition). One of exar stronger appratainces feils to kill his master and is told to retrive and amulet used by Naga Shadow. And then Him and Aleen use it to destory the jedi libray. But exar and ulic new they would die for both of there failers.

Yeah. Only that's AFTER the events in Darth Nuke's post. o:)

Thanks for that; I've neither read the Tales of the Jedi series nor do I possess the money to buy them, so all I really know about what happens comes from 'summaries' like this.

Don't bother. You'll be just fine reading the chronicles. The only worthy TotJ series is 'Redemption' IMO, and it doesn't involve any uber intergalactic war or doomsday weapons. Just plain good ol' storytelling.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

i would have read TOTJ but i was kind of turned away when i found how munchkinly powerful some of the people were.

sorry for using your word hades but it seemed to fit with the way you use it

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

So it was preety much the same just little difffernt

Well all of my stuff came from the comics themselves, so some of what you wrote is wrong. Aleema Contacted Mandalore, he never saw Ulic. Also Aleema and MAndalore's forces went back to the Empress Teta System first, then Mandalore left to tell Exar on Yavin.

Oh, and the Krath retreat because Aleema wanted them to, so that she could be ruler of the Krath.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Yep, what Nuke posted was what more or less, was shown in Sith War, save some things, for example, the Mandalore vs Ulic was in Harkul, not in Kuar.

Here is another summary of The Sith War, from the Timetales at theforce.net

"Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War."

Six months have passed since Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma fell to the Dark Side. The forces of Lord Mandalore attack the Empress Teta system. However, when Ulic defeats the masked Lord Mandalore one-on-one on the planet Harkul, the Mandalorian warriors become Qel-Droma's servants. Meanwhile, Exar Kun tries to recruit Jedi from Ossus, taking twenty of them (including Oss Wilum). He steals the Sith Holocron from Odan-Urr and murders him. At the shipyards of Foerost, the united Krath / Mandalore forces begin their invasion, gaining 300 Republic warships. Ulic vows to move on to Coruscant. Training the Jedi on Yavin IV, Kun refuses to aid him, saying he will go on alone if Qel-Droma fails.

The invasion begins, as Vodo, Nomi, and Cay organise the defence. Aleema abandons Ulic to be captured, using Lord Mandalore to replace him. Mandalore is aware of Aleema

That was informative. I didn't know that. This actually sort of helps to support my theory that Candy is the new mandalore and he's pleged thte clans allegiences to Revan. Very interesting...

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

I don't, mostly because hee was the only no droid character who you couldn't kill, and he was pretty interesting IMO. That makes him a prime suspect for a comeback, or at least a cameo in my book.

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

The Chronicles gives the impression that Ulic is a bigger pansy than what he really was.

I agree. Redemption was quite good.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Yes, and Prime suspect for the biggest cliche i the game.

I say he's under Mandalore's command and that's his cameo.

I'd hope not that would be uber-lame and wouldn't follow the story in Kotor

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I am still of the opinion he's Mandalore. I'd actually like it. I like Candy, he was cool. It would make sense that he became Mandalore, IMO

Don't bother. You'll be just fine reading the chronicles. The only worthy TotJ series is 'Redemption' IMO, and it doesn't involve any uber intergalactic war or doomsday weapons. Just plain good ol' storytelling.

Yeah, I don't plan on buying any EU stuff outside of the KOTOR games. For the most part, I'm not that much of a Star Wars enthusiast; it's only this series of games that got me reading anything at all about Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, etc. etc.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

by the end of kotor if you chatted up candy he tells you he's not proud of his past and he even has second thoughts about calling himself a mandalorian, why would he change his mind and become the new mandalore? it doesnt make any sense.

I agree, i've wondered that fo a long while but i didn't say anything because everybody was so damn sure he is mandalore... It does seem strange he would just go back to his old ways after all that thinking he did in kotor1.

I gave an answer for that argument. He might become mandalore if Revan asked him to, because he pledged to follow Revan. Revan would want himas mandalore because then Candy'd pledge the clans to the Sith. See?

and i suppose revan carries a spare mandalore helmet with him all the time as well?

Please, it depends upon what mandalorian lore you're working off of. I've even heard spec that Revan was given the hemet after defeating Madalore, so he/she could have given it to Candy.