article on pistons and pacers fight...

Exar_Kun

http://sports.ign.com/articles/568/568085p1.html

excerpt:

"In the same way music has transformed from "I Want to Hold Your Hand" to "Let's Get Bucknaked and F***"..."

ROFLMFAO

This should be in the way off topic thread not here.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

That's good, but probably best moved to the Way Off Topic forum.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I agree that this needs to be moved but I think people are bneing a little over dramatic here. In similar cases overseas in Europe people have been killed. One little mindless brawl where no one is seriously hurt except for bruise egos is no reason to call it "a sad day" or that "sportsmanship is dead."

I agree that this needs to be moved but I think people are bneing a little over dramatic here.  In similar cases overseas in Europe people have been killed.  One little mindless brawl where no one is seriously hurt except for bruise egos is no reason to call it "a sad day" or that "sportsmanship is dead."

What game was this in where someone died, that would suck to buy a ticket to a game and get killed, like that one guy who died from a hockey puck! :blink:

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

I agree that this needs to be moved but I think people are bneing a little over dramatic here.  In similar cases overseas in Europe people have been killed.  One little mindless brawl where no one is seriously hurt except for bruise egos is no reason to call it "a sad day" or that "sportsmanship is dead."

That's because Europeans are freaking crazy, if you are so serious about a sport that you kill a rival fan you're a ****ing idiot....it's just a goddamned game....not even politics (in my opinion) should resort to war and killing....but when sports sinks to that level that means sportsmanship is dead and people are idiots....

and anyone care to explain why the hell Europe is so obsessed with Futbol? soccer...

That's because Europeans are freaking crazy, if you are so serious about a sport that you kill a rival fan you're a ****ing idiot....it's just a goddamned game....not even politics (in my opinion) should resort to war and killing....but when sports sinks to that level that means sportsmanship is dead and people are idiots....

and anyone care to explain why the hell Europe is so obsessed with Futbol? soccer...

Uhhh... bcs it's not a sport... or is it? :D :huh:

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

I rememberthis one time I went to see NoFX at Liberty Lunch in Austin. Everyone was there to see them, but when they finnally got on stage, everyone started throwing stuff at them. I love NoFX, but in a moment of just utter stupidity I nailed Fat Mike with a nickel right in the head. I wasn't even that drunk, so as you see mob mentality, a couple of complete **** can turn everyone into an ****

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Uhh what the **** is NoFX?

But I can see how one tiny thing can lead to another one, but yours wasnt that tiny so, yes one thing leads to anohter!

NoFX is one of the few creditable punk bands left

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well, to be fair, it's not just a European thing:

From BBC Sports:

9 March 1946

Bolton Wanderers v Stoke City

Tragedy hits an FA Cup tie between Bolton and Stoke when a wall supporting fans collapses at Burden Park.

The collapse crushes spectators and sparks a stampede which kills 33 people and injures more than 400.

24 May 1964

Peru v Argentina

The fierce South American rivalry unfortunately moved from the football pitch into the stands when Argentina beat Peru in Lima in an Olympic qualifying match.

The crowd became incensed when the referee disallowed a Peruvian goal two minutes from time, sparking outrage amongst the fans in the National Stadium.

Their protests soon turned into a full-blown riot and 318 people were killed in the ensuing violence, with more than 500 major injuries.

23 June 1968

River Plate v Boca Juniors

Seventy four people are killed and more than 150 are injured when spectators mistakenly headed towards a closed exit after a first division match in Buenos Aires.

The fans at the front of the melee are crushed to death against the doors by other fans unaware of the closed passageway at the back.

2 January 1971

Celtic v Rangers

The Old Firm derby attracted enormous crowds and this game at Ibrox Stadium was no different.

The match was heading for a goalless draw until Celtic scored with a minute to go, prompting a mass exodus of disappointed Rangers fans.

Although Colin Stein scored for Rangers in the last minute for 1-1 draw, many Rangers supporters were still on their way out.

But with so many fans leaving at the same time, the downward force pushed many people trying to get out to the stadium onto the ground.

The momentum of the crowd meant that once people started to fall, there was no way of holding the mass of bodies back and 66 people lost their lives, with another 140 suffering injuries.

20 October 1982

Spartak Moscow v Haarlem

Three hundred and forty people were reportedly killed during a European Cup match in Moscow.

Police were blamed for the incident because they were said to have forced fans down a narrow, icy staircase before the end of the match.

But when a late goal was scored, exiting fans tred to re-enter the stadium, crushing the people caught in the middle.

Russians officials attempted to claim the official casualty loss was only 61 and the police were not responsible for the disaster.

11 May 1985

Bradford City v Lincoln City

A stray lit cigarette stub ignited a wooden terrace section at Valley Parade.

Fire soon engulfed the stand, causing 56 people to lose their lives in one of the worst tragedies in English football.

29 May 1985

Juventus v Liverpool

Trouble began when fights broke out between rival English and Italian supporters at the European Cup final at the Heysel Stadium in Brussels.

Police repeatedly clashed with fans, but when a wall separating the two sets of fans collapsed, a riot ensued, taking the lives of 39 spectators.

12 March 1988

Kathmandu, Nepal

At least 93 people were killed and 100 more were injured when fans attempted to flee from a hailstorm inside the stadium.

But they could not escape because the stadium doors are locked, causing a fatal crush at the front.

15 April 1989

Liverpool v Nottingham Forest

The worst tragedy in English football happened during an FA Cup semi-final at the Hillsborough Stadium in Sheffield, killing 96 people.

Police, worried about the number of Liverpool fans outside the ground, opened one of the main gates which resulted in a huge number of fans entering the Leppings Lane end.

The sudden surge crushed many Liverpool fans against the riot fencing which surrounded around the ground.

The disaster prompted huge changes in the structure of English football when Lord Justice Taylor published his report into the incident.

16 October 1996

Guatemala v Costa Rica

Eighty four people died and more than 150 others were injured during a stampede at an all-Central American clash in Guatemala City.

11 April 2001

Kaizer Chiefs v Orlando Pirates

A stampede at Ellis Park stadium in Johannesberg results in the deaths of 43 people, the worst disaster in South Africa's sporting history.

30 April 2001

Lupopo v Mazembe

An eventual total of 14 people killed during a stampede following crowd trouble at a major league match at city of Lubumbashi in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

This does not include all the killings and assassinations of individual referees and badly performing players, nor does it include the "Soccer War" which was a war fought between Honduras and El Salvador after the 1970 World Championship qualifiers :huh:"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

This brawl is just proof that there are a bunch of thug millionaires in the NBA. 

You can take a kid out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the kid.  :huh:"

For my case it would be the Barrio, you can take the kid away from the barrio, but you can't take the barrio away from the kid... naw we'll stick with the ghetto

This brawl is just proof that there are a bunch of thug millionaires in the NBA. 

You can take a kid out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the kid.  :huh:"

Let me guess Anakin, you're white?

Let me guess Anakin, you're white?

Mixed.

And my comment wasn't a "black" thing. It was a thug thing. Same comment applies when "white trash" show their true colors as well.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think what happen was a case of human nature. As a man if another man poors a drink on your head what are you going to do. I'll try to a be a pacifist, but most people out there are not, and can't be expected to act as one.

I think what happen was a case of human nature. As a man if another man poors a drink on your head what are you going to do. I'll try to a be a pacifist, but most people out there are not, and can't be expected to act as one.

Im gonna punch the guy in the stomach and then start kneaing him in the face when he peels over, but that is just me. :huh: but it is just natural for any one to do that, i mean i wouldnt be able to stay there with booing crowds! :">

The fans were idiots too. But I doubt that's the first time a cup of beer is launched at a visiting team. Most players just shrug it off and taunt the fans back. They don't make a charge into the stands and start swining at multiple fans (he punched more than just that original fan).

Besides, since when is acting like a person from Detroit being civilized? Artest lowered himself to the level of one of America's most notorious citizens.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The fans were idiots too. But I doubt that's the first time a cup of beer is launched at a visiting team. Most players just shrug it off and taunt the fans back. They don't make a charge into the stands and start swining at multiple fans (he punched more than just that original fan).

Besides, since when is acting like a person from Detroit being civilized? Artest lowered himself to the level of one of America's most notorious citizens.

At first he punched the wrong guy if im correct!