In Depth Character Creation

Do you want character creation to be in depth? e.g. slider's to chose the size body, chin, jaw , hair and hair colour etc.  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want character creation to be in depth? e.g. slider's to chose the size body, chin, jaw , hair and hair colour etc.

• Yes, Most definitely!
    • No, the character creation in KOTOR is just fine

I think it is a little too late to suggest anything at this point considering the devs already handed in the finished game to LA. Game is coming out in two weeks. I don't think they will change the character creation process in the PC version to be radically different from the xbox.

I think it is a little too late to suggest anything at this point considering the devs already handed in the finished game to LA.  Game is coming out in two weeks.  I don't think they will change the character creation process in the PC version to be radically different from the xbox.

Valid Point

Ye maybe but it is quite a while until they release the pc version.

I think it is a little too late to suggest anything at this point considering the devs already handed in the finished game to LA.  Game is coming out in two weeks.  I don't think they will change the character creation process in the PC version to be radically different from the xbox.

Valid Point

Ye maybe but it is quite a while until they release the pc version.

Well, about 90 days, which time will be spent on debugging and compatability issues rather than a radical redesign of the PC's appearance.

I think that they shouldn't even let you choose the character's face, after a while it would cut down on whining

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think that they shouldn't even let you choose the character's face, after a while it would cut down on whining

You may have something there. The thing that initially repelled me from Planescape: Torment, was the fact that the main player character was already "pre-generated" (at least in the sense of his appearance and voice). I was thinking, damn that's a really messed-up-looking dude (without even bothering to learn why he should be so). After a few years I finally bit the bullet and bought the game (kept seeing all these comments on the Bioware boards at the time that gave it high recommendations that were widely acknowledged), but still ended up shelving it for several months (bought it just before NWN came out, I think). But after awhile, I decided to give PS a go, and wasn't disappointed (only finished it earlier this year, I believe).

I believe that forcing a role on the audience may not go over well initially if they expect otherwise (so it may actually hurt opening sales). But in the long run, the story may benefit from it (especially through word of mouth, but that may not be enough to sustain the developers et al). I certainly enjoyed PS, despite not being able to customize my character's appearance.

I do not feel such indepth character creation will add to the game. Sure, you will be able to spend 30 minutes on creating a character, and I will probably create just the character I want to, but what's the gain?

The only thing it does is make it more complex for the game-designers to make visors/masks that look good. If I remember the Sims Creation Tool properly, one could create some pretty weird stuff.

If they do decide to expand on character creation, I would prefer they remove all reference to 'human', and give you the option of playing as a male/female alien, with just as much knowledge of language and preference of speaking galactic basic as a human.

Personally, I would like playing a Zabrak for a change. Although it might not directly influence replayability, I rate it higher than being able to size one's nose.

Mr U

If ill be playing female i know which sizes to prefer :-"

Well regarding height i would prefer small over high since if they apply logic the larger you are the poor your movement is because of poor balance, Law of gravity.

But i like red eyes like in the movies as sith *haha* and if they glow in the dark even better.

No :D i dont really care much for alot of fancy stuff more for story plot and a geek for cyber romance.

Its the lore of games and movies the hero always gets the girl :ermm:

If they do decide to expand on character creation, I would prefer they remove all reference to 'human', and give you the option of playing as a male/female alien, with just as much knowledge of language and preference of speaking galactic basic as a human.

Mr U

The more options to make your character unique the better. ;)