Free feats of starting classes?

Seems the PC classes might be getting some armor feats for free (if we are to believe some of the screenshots)? Is this because he/she is supposedly a veteran of the Mandalorian wars? Seems kind of wierd to me that the Jedis don't have any armor proficiency whatsoever (which really limited their headgear choices in KOTOR). I mean u need an armor proficiency to wear a gas mask (AND YET the game engine does not count them as armor when it comes to armor restricted force powers??? Even the Sith mask which required heavy armor proficiency. What gives?). We also saw the PC jumping around with something that looked like the Republic Mod armor in some shots.

On the other hand the unarmed feat seems kind of intriguing. Since the recent screenshots showed a Guardian PC Vernita Green (Kill Bill I guess), those feats are free with the Guardians I would suspect. Wonder what the other classes get. I suppose the Jedi NPCs won't be getting the same benefits?

I suppose the devs had to allow for the possibility that someone might want to use heavy armor for their Jedi PC. I don't know why anyone would want to limit their dex bonus or lose the ability to use armor-restrictive force powers. Hell, now that the robes look cool there's really no reason to wear armor at all.

What I want to know is this: Since Sentinels are basically the scout of the Jedi classes, will they get Implant for free? Cause if you add that onto immunities, great saves and the increased emphasis on skills in this game and I just might have to play as one. :lol:

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Well at least I hope they have decent headgear now. I mean I was kind of wondering why the Sith mask needed heavy armor proficiency. None of my Jedis in the party could wear it sometimes without investing a feat (unless you started with a soldier class).

The headgear needs armor proficiency but DON'T count as armor when it comes to armor restricted force powers made no sense whatsoever to me.

Also sentinel saves aren't the same progression as the scouts. Their save is the same as the Guardian (if the manual is correct) but Guardians arrive at their max save earlier 12/12/9 fort/ref/will.

Yeah, that was pretty dumb. I only used a soldier starting class once, and I never put a feat into heavy armor proficiency for my scouts, so I usually ended up selling the Sith mask off. It was quite a nice addition for that soldier/consular though.

Oh, and thanks for the correction on the Sentinel save numbers. Maybe I thought they were higher because I usually start with scouts. I loooooove the scout class. :lol: Implant for free, flurry, uncanny dodge AND repair as a class skill? Awesome.

I never really understood why force powers couldn't be used with armor. I understand it as a balancing tactic, but never any explanation why it might be this way

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Oh, and thanks for the correction on the Sentinel save numbers. Maybe I thought they were higher because I usually start with scouts. I loooooove the scout class.  :wub:  Implant for free, flurry, uncanny dodge AND repair as a class skill? Awesome.

I agree with you there. I just hope that they give the implant feat to the consular for free. If the consular starts off as weak as the one in K1 then I am in for a heck of a hard game. :(

I never really understood why force powers couldn't be used with armor. I understand it as a balancing tactic, but never any explanation why it might be this way

I agree...I really hope we can use armor and force power at the same time this time. Not sure if this has already been leaked or not. I hated giving carth the cool armor I found...Canderous was cool, but carth didn't deserve it.

Armor and force pry won't happen,messes with the system of balance I would think.

As for the Sen,I'm just hoping in the end they end with a few more feats then a Con and few more powers then a Guardian. That happens and I'll be more then happy.

Wouldn't mind the implant feat but I could live without it.

Oh, and thanks for the correction on the Sentinel save numbers. Maybe I thought they were higher because I usually start with scouts. I loooooove the scout class.  8)  Implant for free, flurry, uncanny dodge AND repair as a class skill? Awesome.

I agree with you there. I just hope that they give the implant feat to the consular for free. If the consular starts off as weak as the one in K1 then I am in for a heck of a hard game. :shifty:

Consular was probably the best jedi class in my opinion. Just skimp on the wis and cha and put some more into dex and str and you'll take on anything (i have). i have mine setup like this:

str 14

dex 17 (soon to be 20)

con 12

int 8

wis 14

cha 14

if ur starting as a scout, pick up the level three implant and you have two choices: (1) go to kashyyk and get the implant that increases dex +3 or (2) head to manaan (i think) and there's an implant there that gives +3 to constitution, so more defense or more health (im leanin a little bit more to additional health since im not gonna get any great defense bonus from jedi robes).

if ur lightside head on over to korriban and just go into the caves to get qel droma's robes, +2 to wis for +5 to force related powers and some extra points to ur force points (if ur lightside). also on manaan (you get dark points) do those assassin quests and i think you get guantlets that increase str +4.

i hope in TSL they tweak some feats, i found that it wasn't worth takin crit strike or power attack because of their penalties that didn't go down with higher levels (like it did with flurry).

i think the feats from the beginning classes from the first game will apply to the corresponding jedi class in this game, i don't see why they wouldn't.