What annoyed you about KOTOR's plot?

The Lack of interaction as Sith bothered me, while many of the Sith regonize you as Revan none what so ever remains loyal, despite almost everyone says Revan inspired loyalty and that many joined Revan for being a charismatic leader, thought this [censored].

Also when you finally kill the masters at koribban's Sith academy to take control everyone attacks you, not very logic or sith like, Usually sith wont challenge a master more powerful less they have a joker on their hand, really only reward for finding your lost identity is the starforge and a few losers at the end as soldiers while all your old best are dead it stinks.

Also su*ked that you just got Bastila as DS apprentice thought it been cooler if you had to turn you apprentice like in the movies.

But to one saying they dont regonize you as revan, true in academy most of them only saw him wearing mask so it hard without, but on the last world your old sith regonize you but they still attack you, but for them to regonize you, there must be a high DS in alignment pointer.

In short sith are about power but aside from force powers you really dont get much chance to take any aside from finish at starforge where it actually doesnt matter aside from story.

I really wanted more development of Darth Bandon. While lower profile characters like Yuthura Ban were fleshed out nicely, he seemed like a bare sketch of a Sith thug. Maybe Calo Nord stole some of his thunder as the guy hunting you down for the first part of the game, but the understudy of the Sith Lord needed more face time. Even the damn wookiee had more lines than Bandon.

Oh yeah, and he was easssssy.

At least this looks fixed for KOTOR 2. We've been led to believe we will be encountering Sion quite a few times in this game. Here's hoping.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

*shakes head sadly*

only characters that sacrifice is obi and vader? we wonder if leia would agree. she were tortured and saw her home planet destroyed, no? don't forget luke's sacrifice neither. luke may survive his plunge into the void, but clearly he does not believe that he is escaping. can go on, but again, you is getting yourself mislead.

why bring up yoda? yoda not need to be redeemed, did he? maybe you not get redemption. the fact that most of the star wars protagonists is hale and happy at end of return of jedi simply reinforces the notion that REDEMPTION requires a substantial sacrifice

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm not sure what redemption Leia receives, maybe the fact that she kisses her brother but ends up in a non-incestual relationship. It definitly has its merits. She did in a way sacrifice to save Han, but that was more of an elaborate plan with no real consequences even if it didn't really go off with out a hitch. As for Alderaan she seemed to be more a victum of circumstance, as it was sort of a ploy to get the truth out of her, it was more a show of power that probaly would have taken place anyway, but thats all conjecture.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

You could run around any planet the Sith were on holding a lightsaber (even activated just after a fight) or any other weapon, and they just didnt care.

Same when on Manaan. If Manaan is peaceful/neutral, why do they allow you and your party to blatantly show off their weapons. Same with the Wookies/CzerkaCorp on Kashyyyk.

This most likely isnt going to be recitified in KOTOR2, but it would be (despite being only a minor one) my biggest niggle.

(aint sure if it is plot)

"I'm not sure what redemption Leia receives, maybe the fact that she kisses her brother but ends up in a non-incestual relationship. It definitly has its merits."

*sigh*

again, leia and yoda and numerous other characters is NOT characters who is needing or exhibiting the power o' redemption. as the saying goes, "only the damned can be saved." yes, leia and luke and others show us Heroic Sacrifice (which kotor also flubs,) but they ain't redeemed as is vader.

lets keep everything straight, 'kay?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

After numerous run throughs, I've become irritated by:

- The fact that you can't use the third tier of Stasis because of the armour restriction

but you can use the other two lower tiers - to me this doesn't make much sense.

- After your identity is revealed as Darth Revan, you cannot go completely DS until

the temple. I think the option of killing those NPCs who oppose your DS should have

happened after the Leviathan escape and then after that, you and your remaining

allies decide to go after the Star Forge and dispose of the usurper.

- The LS cheesy ending. Celebrating is all well and good but I think there should have

been a moment of introspection on Vandar's and Revan's part on how Revan's

actions led to this and if he/she felt sorry that Malak could not be redeemed.

- The emphasis on LS male Revan story arc which was fleshed out better than LS/DS

female Revan's.

- No interaction with vehicles. You can't drive cars or something - like your vehicle is

attacked like in Episode 6 with the speed bikes through the forest.

- No cybernetic enhancements.

- No weapon customisation.

- On Manaan, when you attacked the Sith Embassy and was put on trial. You could

easily talk your way out of it. So the whole trial was a farce.

Running all the time for star maps was vey annoying. When I was waiting for the game I expected some war, military operations, espionage, complex storyline. And I got a mediocre storyline with same scheme all the time: you arrive at planet

T/K/M and have to solve one quest in order to get starmap. This was boooring. And

game lacks real RPG choices: on the Leviathan you should have at least time limit

to escape, before malak arrives.

And Bastila's concept was all stupid, like devs couldn't decide what they really wanted. First they jumped with feminist cliche of female heroine full of greatness, later they trashed her, someone blackmailed them or what? I don't understand.

I hoped also that I'll have chance to play as ordinary Jedi who will eventually became a hero. Devs surprised me completely with crappy story of a brainwashed

sith superman who is soooo strong that one starts wondering how he could let himself be brainwashed... no the weakest point of KOTOR is story of Revan. This story is just crappy. Not as interesting and convincing as Anakin's downfall/redemption or Exar Kun's seduction, it plays on teenager's lowest feeling:

desire to be strongest thug in a college. And that's why Revan is so popular. Howewer I'm deeply disappointed becouse I'm too old and it's just pissing me off when all around me say how great I am (and in KOTOR it's standard) and this Revan Plot destroys my character's development - all the time I had to play with

hero that already has his own story and name. I wouldn't mind if I could play just

nameless hero like in Neverwinter Nights. This would be much better...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

*shakes head sadly*

only characters that sacrifice is obi and vader?  we wonder if leia would agree.  she were tortured and saw her home planet destroyed, no?

And what happened to Bastila? She was also tortured and had what was effectively her home on Dantooine destroyed. She will also have to live (if she does live) with the memory of having become everything she dedicated her life to fighting. All to save the man largely responsible for the near destruction of the Jedi Order and the republic.

Yeah everybody worships Revan but nobody remembers that he killed more people than Hitler.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

the fact is that you can't really hold a grudge against a fictional character .. I mean even if someone in a game killed a trillion people you wouldn't think he was the anit-christ or something .. most would probably think he was cool! which is sick in a kinda way, but understandable!

As many think Exar Kun was .. And he killed his share of people as well!

Fortune favors the bald.

Yes but Exar was always portraited as a baddie, never as a hero! I like Exar same way I like Vader but I don't feel that ethics is twisted in their case: they are indeed villains even if they're so cool. In case of Revan I don't feel comfortable playing a role of a war criminal. As I said before I'd prefer to play ordinary character with carte blanche

It is like playing a role of a former nazi leader or something like that!

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

But playing as Vader or Kun wouldn't bother you, right?

If I knew from the beginning that I'm a villain - not. But I was expecting to make a Jedi career in that game and thus playing fmr Dark Lord is rather annoying to me. It just doesn't fit into game concept well. If title is Knights of the Old Republic

I should play hero with a clear, gentle past.

In Revenge of the Sith on the other hand I'll play a role of a villain and I know about it. But in case of KOTOR my expectations were just different.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Ever bothered yourself to read Republic series?

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Well to me EU is relevant and compared with the movies gives us convincing vision of the downfall.

Man I hate such stupid quarrels about EU...

PS if EU is irrelevant why did you play KOTOR? It is EU as well.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Well to me EU is relevant and compared with the movies gives us convincing vision of the downfall.

Man I hate such stupid quarrels about EU...

PS if EU is irrelevant why did you play KOTOR? It is EU as well.

because it's a fun game, duh....

eu is irrelevant compared to the films. in the films, anakin's downfall is stupid and not very convincing...