Sith Assasins

If anyone goes on Theforce.net and looks up the Krath they will see a reference to Krath armor. The Sith Assasins seem armored, unlike the other dark Jedi, and they are pretty prevelant in Onderon. Does anyone think there is the chance that the Sith Assasins are the Krath?

P.S. If this has already been discussed my bad everyone.

It is possible, but I doubt it, from what I know of the Krath seem to be a sect/cultish part of the sith. but who knows!, and delte the double post!

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

Nope. No Krath in KOTOR 2. I'm pretty sure MCA has mentioned it somewhere.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I thought it was said that Viras Marr was a member of the Krath?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Visass Marr is a different species that has no eyes or cant see in the normal way so she sees through the force

confirmed by MCA i think

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

that does not mean they are not karth. just means you will never betold what the are. if they are krath. and if they did not tell us it would not make any differce to me, because in kotor1 if they were sith I killed and they did not have mask so I gussed them to be humans. what they should do is just make up new speacies.

Visass Marr is a different species that has no eyes or cant see in the normal way so she sees through the force

confirmed by MCA i think

:blink: So THAT'S why she looks like that! All this time I thought it was just the hood or bad graphics or something, lol. That's why she wears the hood so low. :lol::):);)

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

I wish some frenchy would tell me what Krath means

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The Krath were not based on Onderon. They were from the Teta System.

What was in Onderon was the cult of Freedon Nadd (cue to a comment on the name), or Naddists. As detailed in the Chronicles, two Krath traveled to Onderon and meet with one of the leaders of the Nadd cult.

and they combined to make one, and exar work with them and exar got over powered by nad starting on duxn, then he took him to korriban, and then he went to yavin were he become a sith. And some kraths were soppuse to get the articfact that sadow used to destroy a star sytem makeing the maul. and they did not do it right, so exar was going to punish them by makeing them use it. They were to close to the star they were trying to blow up so they killed themsleves.

i don't care what they think, although the french do have some cool customs, bastil day for one, I want to know what Krath could possible mean

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

think fu. I do not have any damn idea what it could mean it got to be bad if they are not putting it in the game. I mean wores than f*ck, b*tch, b@st@rd, it must be against them and no one eles

If anyone goes on Theforce.net and looks up the Krath they will see a reference to Krath armor.  The Sith Assasins seem armored, unlike the other dark Jedi, and they are pretty prevelant in Onderon.  Does anyone think there is the chance that the Sith Assasins are the Krath?

P.S. If this has already been discussed my bad everyone.

this is all I found

Krath

a society of Tetan Elite led by Satal Keto and Aleema, it was based on the Dark Side teachings of the Sith. (FNU, DLS)

Krath Death Witch

this was a term used to describe a Force-wielding woman who followed the Sith teachings of the ancient Krath. (SBS)

Krath Enchanter

Satal Keto's luxurious Tetan yacht, it was destroyed when Keto and Aleema tried to land on Onderon during the Old Republic's seige there against the Naddists. (FNU)

I was thinkingh that maybe its K.R.A.T.H. and its some type of organization that has offensive beliefs

this is the closest I could find though its not the proper spelling it does phoneticialy sound the same. I couldn't find a reference to the exact spelling.

korah

ice, hail. (1.) The third son of Esau, by Aholibamah (Gen. 36:14; 1 Chr. 1:35).

(2.) A Levite, the son of Izhar, the brother of Amram, the father of Moses and

Aaron (Ex. 6:21). The institution of the Aaronic priesthood and the Levitical

service at Sinai was a great religious revolution. The old priesthood of the

heads of families passed away. This gave rise to murmurings and discontent,

while the Israelites were encamped at Kadesh for the first time, which came to

a head in a rebellion against Moses and Aaron, headed by Korah, Dathan, and

Abiram. Two hundred and fifty princes, "men of renown" i.e., well-known men

from among the other tribes, joined this conspiracy. The whole company demanded

of Moses and Aaron that the old state of things should be restored, alleging

that "they took too much upon them" (Num. 16:1-3). On the morning after the

outbreak, Korah and his associates presented themselves at the door of the

tabernacle, and "took every man his censer, and put fire in them, and laid

incense thereon." But immediately "fire from the Lord" burst forth and

destroyed them all (Num. 16:35). Dathan and Abiram "came out and stood in the

door of their tents, and their wives, and their sons, and their little

children," and it came to pass "that the ground clave asunder that was under

them; and the earth opened her mouth and swallowed them up." A plague

thereafter began among the people who sympathized in the rebellion, and was

only stayed by Aaron's appearing between the living and the dead, and making

"an atonement for the people" (16:47). The descendants of the sons of Korah who

did not participate in the rebellion afterwards rose to eminence in the

Levitical service.

Though I think its more likely that the devs didn't want another Force Powered group in the game as is evident by the below quote taken from http://www.krathorder.org.

What is Krath?

Krath is a unique being, born of the Force and existing solely within it. It is theorised by many Dark Jedi that there are many conscious entities within the Force, but only Krath has managed to establish a foothold in the physical world. In the distant past he somehow managed to communicate with a group of smiths and instructed them to create a talisman which enabled him to control people and events in the real world. Now, the followers of Krath are partially possessed by the spirit of Krath, letting his essence flow through them along with the rest of the Force. This enables Krath to have a kind of corporeal existance and gives his followers many powers. Followers of Krath spend much time in meditation and prayer, opening themselves to Krath so that he might enter their souls and give them the powers they seek, but there is a price to pay as those who give themselves to Krath are never the same again, their souls combined with the essence of Krath are changed and they become one with Krath.

The Ultimate Ritual

The Ultimate Ritual, also known as the Ritual of Initiation, is the first and most important ritual a follower of Krath will ever undertake. It opens their soul to Krath and as such is the first step down the Path of Krath . Krath itself enters the soul of the prospective member of the Krath Order and if it rejects them as unworthy then they will suffer incredible agony and perhaps even death as the power of Krath passes through them. Those that pass this test will carry a part of Krath with them always and will be able to start along the long and difficult road of exploring the Lore of Krath.

Ritual of Communion

The Ritual of Communion must be passed in order for a Krath Master to gain access to the Inner Council. In this ritual part of Krath's power is passed into the prospective Inner Council member, and this gives them a deeper understanding of Krath which in turn makes them better able to decipher the Lore of Krath.

Lore of Krath

Krath is a being that exists outside of Time and therefore has knowledge of the future and of the past. Krath has much power to influence the physical world, but without the smaller more focused vision of mortals Krath cannot direct his power effectively and so followers of Krath must learn how to determine Krath's will and how to channel the power of Krath to effect the real world. The knowledge of how to gain access to this power and of how to share in Krath's trans-temporal knowledge is known as the Lore of Krath. The Lore of Krath is explored through meditation, with followers of Krath exploring the enigmatic and complex mind of Krath in an effort to better understand its mysteries. As followers gain deeper understanding of Krath they become more powerful and closer to the spirit of Krath, and are said to have progressed along the "Path of Krath".

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

The issue of the 'darker' meaning behind "Krath" has intrigued me. I've run the term both through a search engine and some translators, and this is what I've found:

• An article about a demonstration that features a banner with the word "Krath" (specifically in Greek: ola ta KRATH einai dolofonoi). It appears to be a demonstration against the increasing use of military might in global affairs. Krath correlates with "States" in the phrase: translated to "all the states are murderers". (pretty grim declaration :) )
  • A variety of translations from various languages where "Krath" in:
    1. Croatian=time
    2. Serbian=time
    3. Slovakian=times
    4. Turkish=crater
    5. Icelandic=Social Democrat (more political references, seemingly :ph34r: )
    6. Danish=bush
    7. Swedish=bush
    8. Norwegian=bush
    9. Polish=crate

I'm uncertain as to the significance of any of these, but it seems that the word "Krath" in itself, may not be profane (as yet I haven't managed to find much connection between France and "Krath"). The context of the word, however, seems to be harmful, perhaps politically/socially due to some incident between France and another power that occurred in the past.

Another search using a variation of the word "Khrat" turned up a religious reference to some kind of Codex (common to both India and Iran/historic Persia), possibly Islamic in nature?

In anycase, I'm convinced that we probably shouldn't go digging too deeply into this. It's likely to open a very big can of worms :ph34r: .