I LOVED THE CUTSENCES IN KOTOR1!

Actually, I hope they up the quality. For Xbox cutscenes, KOTOR's were alright, but they just didn't match up well on the PC. Heh, when running the game at 1600x1200 with all the goodies on, getting bumped down to 640x480 for every cutscene isn't optimal.

The rest of KOTOR actually looked better than the cutscenes of you had a PC to match. So, I'm actually hoping that Obsidian will do different cutscenes for both versions. One for the Xbox version and a CGI-bonanza for the PC version. *pokes Devs* And an animated kiss, this time *stops poking*

kotor cuts weren't all that great, but they were ok as far as such things go. 'course, for Gromnir, cut scene movies is a big waste 'o resources. take lots of time and money, last only a few seconds and they add 0 gameplay. nevertheless, there were analogous cut scenes in the original trilogy o' movies so they were almost a forgone conclusion for the game. hopefully kotor2 developers not waste more than minimal effort on such things.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

characters in game can speak, right? you can has narration, right? heck, iwd had still cut scenes that weren't movies... with good writing and narration they can add as much if not more than a movie sequence. not need movies to advance story... is ridiculous to suggest that such things is necessary.

HA! Good Fun!

p.s. keep in mind that we ain't saying that cut scenes never can add to story. they can... but the amount of resources spent on such things is ludicrous when one considers other methods that can achieve same story development goals.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I thought the cutscenes were well done, although I agree that the quality should be upped for TSL. The only major complaint I have about the KotOR 1 cutscenes would be that they were unskippable. It got kind of annoying if, for some reason, you had to replay a portion of the game with a cutscene, and were unable to skip it and had to listen to the speech(es) again.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

Those were merely ok. If you want to see great cinematics go see Blizzards Warcraft III and The Frozen Throne cinematics. Also if you watch the World of Warcraft cinematic you will be blown away. They really are that good. If you haven't yet seen them you should. I haven't seen a movie yet in theatres that compare to their cinematics cept maybe the Final Fantasy movies cept spirits within sucked. Blizzard really should make a feature film.